PDA

View Full Version : Rivco Aero Pegs Report

royr
05-14-2014, 07:40 AM
I installed my Rivco Aero pegs and took a short test ride including some low speed sharp turns to check for foot and peg drag. I am 5’11”-6’, 30” inseam.
I started with the closest peg position. In that position, my legs have a slight bend at the knee and my feet are not too high.
Opening the pegs was relatively easy considering they are new to me and I have only tried it a few times.
My legs do not hit the fairing edge while riding.
I did get some heat from radiators, but legs are far enough from the fairing to get some cooler air on legs and feet. This should not be a problem since I do not plan on leaving my feet on the pegs for long periods of time. I wanted the pegs for stretching my legs and changing my seat position on long rides.
I like the way they look good on the bike. I got the anodized silver pegs after reading about the purple tint of the black anodizing and the silver keeps the stock look of the bike which I like. Also, unlike other pegs, when the Aero pegs are folded in there is nothing hanging off or sticking out from the bike.
With my feet in the lowest position on the pegs, my heels will drag when doing low speed intentional tight cornering. This is reduced when I moved my feet higher on the pegs. I think for an average, non-twisty ride, dragging my feet will not be a problem.

My original peg choices were the Rivco Aero pegs or Mick-O-Pegs (had a set o EQs on a ’12 GL1800). After doing some reading and thinking, I decided to go with the MOPs, but at the last moment I changed my mind for the Aero pegs mainly due to their mounting location and appearance on the bike. And, if they did not work for me, I could always sell them, so I decided to give them a try first. I think the MOP would be little cooler on my legs due to the lower foot position being away from the radiators and a slightly more comfortable position, but I do not care for their appearance, the pegs sticking out of the side of the bike, and my feet would drag more in curves.
For riders who like to place the backs of their ankles on the pegs, these may not work well. I tried it, just a test, and the pegs wanted to close in that riding position.
My initial impression is they will work well for me, but the real test will be doing after some long distance riding.

F6B-RICH
05-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Agree :yes: Had mine on since buying my F6B in June.I like them a lot and have no plans of changing them.Work great for me .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
05-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Well written, multiple aspects, pics, personal stats / prior experiences,,, Good report Royr!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Dmoon64
05-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Nice write up.

Now off to the classified section to find some slightly used Aero Pegs. :icon_lol: