PDA

View Full Version : JUMPED IN/black 2014 coming next week!

luckyluciano
05-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Always loved the look of the F6b from the first time I saw it. Currently owner of a 2002 black VTX 1800 with lots of chrome & accessories added.

Been torn for one year between F6b, Zx14, and Ducati Diavel.
The truth is, I love almost all bikes. To me they are a thing of beauty.
Chose the F6b for the 2 up comfort.
Hope I like it coming of the big powerful v-twin.

I hope to give it more of the sinister look with smoked out 9" windscreen ceebaily like Hook's. Will the 9" help?
Any ideas how to improve on the sinister look?

Also I want a great GPS. Thinking of the Garmin Zumo 665. I'd like to find and explore great great scenic routes within 100-200 Kms from home. I'm from the suburbs of Toronto Canada.
I'm hoping the GPS will help me with this.
Also hoping I get it before the B.A.D. Ride which is on the 25th. Over 1000 bike charity run. Love it.

Thank you in advance for your imput.

racer
05-15-2014, 04:02 PM
I have a VTX1800 and the 6.

Both are excellent motorcycles. Just way different. You will like the F6B.

Ixol Phaane
05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
I know it's not the big VTX, but I've been riding the an '03 1300S since new. Not to overstate the obvious, but TOTALLY different riding style on the F6B. The VTX is a great cruiser... the F6B is absolutely a sport-touring machine. My F6B makes my VTX feel like a wind-up toy. :shock:
(And I've been happy with the VTX for 11 years!) I forgot how nice the Wings are... had a 2000 Aspencade from new for a few years back then.

I suspect you're gonna love the F6B. :congrats:

opas ride
05-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Rode a "chromed and tricked out" 2005 VTX 1800F3 for a few years myself. A great cruiser and bike, but nothing at all like the F6B to me. The 6 has more power, smoother, handles better, much, much better for two-up riding and 100% better wind protection with an aftermarket windshield (your choice) and just a plain nicer ride....You will love the thing when you get it and enjoy the ride!!!

Mike
05-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Congrats! and 'welcome gang'

F6BLK
05-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Good choice! After the first five miles you will know!! I think you will like!

luckyluciano
05-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I love the neck snapping torque of the X. But I always felt it was too top heavy at lights etc.
I also love the looks of f6b a lot more
Do you guys think the ceebaily 9 inch screen will be improvement in wind managent? I want to maintain that sinister look. The threads seem mixed.

smokinjoe187
05-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I love the neck snapping torque of the X. But I always felt it was too top heavy at lights etc.
I also love the looks of f6b a lot more
Do you guys think the ceebaily 9 inch screen will be improvement in wind managent? I want to maintain that sinister look. The threads seem mixed.

this is a huge can of worms...all i can tell you about this after a year of choosing screens is its more about adjustment then look
if you want a short screen for looks then search out the madstad threads,i had a cee bailey,make that 2 and dumped both..
but thats me
i like the look of the klock werks,and it seems to be getting good reviews..
good luck,read read read before you buy.you will see most guys have bought multiple screens...
smokinjoe
btw you are gonna love this bike!!

luckyluciano
05-15-2014, 08:15 PM
thanks for the advise, smokingjoe. I will continue to read and check out Klock werks.

Anyone have impressions on the Garmin Zumo 665? The 660lm is on sale here for $590. Yet the 590lm is the most expensive and I don't know why? Which is best for easily finding scenic routes and twists?

Shogun
05-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Congrats, you will love your decision. Don't get me wrong the 14 would blown your mind but trying to exploit the full potential of that machine was crazy for the street.....