PDA

View Full Version : Wing Ding, Madison Wi

choptop
05-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Anybody going ? A little over 3 hours from me. Thinking of having a hitch installed by Bushtec. Maybe doing an over nighter.

gordonrule
05-15-2014, 07:45 PM
I am going, only 1 hour away for me.

brewcityf6b
05-15-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm in Milwaukee. When is it?

choptop
05-15-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm in Milwaukee. When is it?

2nd - 5th of July.

Hambly434
05-15-2014, 08:07 PM
Was planning on going for a day.
Any idea which day you guys are going?

choptop
05-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Was planning on going for a day.
Any idea which day you guys are going?

Planning on getting a room for Friday or Saturday night. Need to check availability pretty quick. Not sure how big this thing is.

ghost
05-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Doesn't matter to me where, maybe Madison so choptop could ride down as well.

choptop
05-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Doesn't matter to me where, maybe Madison so choptop could ride down as well.

Sounds like a plan. If the SO goes along I would probably leave Friday early afternoon or wait and see who or if any are going from the Twin Cities and we can work something out.

Kvett
05-16-2014, 05:48 AM
Hey I live Texas (Dallas)! I've heard of the "Wing Ding" a few years ago. Where is this event located? Do/would they ever consider holding it in another state? I only ask because not everyone live near that location.

FlaMike
05-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Kvett said, "Hey I live Texas (Dallas)! I've heard of the "Wing Ding" a few years ago. Where is this event located? Do/would they ever consider holding it in another state? I only ask because not everyone live near that location."

Wing Ding is the main event put on by GWRRA and moves in location each yr. All the big Wing Vendors will be there.
Got my reservations a while back. Ridng up with friends.

goldtahoe
05-16-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm in ... my sister lives in Wisc .. I will come up for a day of activities and to show off the F6Beast ...

MSGT-R
05-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Don't know yet, our house-building schedule is so screwed up. They haven't even started to dig for the foundations yet.

choptop
05-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Started looking for a room, ones that are close to The Alliant Center are either booked or want a 2 night minimum. Check a few miles out and they are available. Americas Best, 3438 U.S.12 Madison, appx 6 miles from Alliant Center, has some pretty good reviews, 130.00 total and you can go 1 night. I have 7/4 booked but will cancel. Riding down to Wisconsin Dells on Friday, get room and then down to Madison for the day, coming w/ a friend from the Twin Cities. Any body else from up here going ?

Trike lady
05-22-2014, 08:27 PM
This is a big event for Goldwing owners everywhere. I never had the chance to attend one (a funny thing called work always got in the way) and those I know who attended had a great time.

watertowerman
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
I plan on going it is 4.5 to 5 hours for me. Bad part will be going thru the Twin Cities. Might stay North and cross at St Croix, WI or Osceola, WI. Better dodging deer then cages.

RT59
06-02-2014, 05:26 PM
My wife and I will be there the 2nd through the 5th. Looking forward to the crowd and the vendors, -R:041:

choptop
06-02-2014, 08:40 PM
When the time gets nearer, anyone possibly wanting to meet up for a drink or whatever, pm me and we can exchange cell #'s if you like."coffee":popcorn::cheers::icon_wink:

hiflyer
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
When the time gets nearer, anyone possibly wanting to meet up for a drink or whatever, pm me and we can exchange cell #'s if you like."coffee":popcorn::cheers::icon_wink:

Be careful choptop, going to wing ding might make u start wearing clothes that look like flags, weird hats, and having stuffed animals ride on the pillion facing backwards!

Elin in So. Cal.
06-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Be careful choptop, going to wing ding might make u start wearing clothes that look like flags, weird hats, and having stuffed animals ride on the pillion facing backwards!

You mean like THIS????

choptop
06-03-2014, 03:10 AM

Hell will freeze over first.:icon_wink:

glryder98
06-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Anyone that is going to WingDing. Stop by the F4 Custom Windshield Booth and say HI. Ask for Mickey (glryder)

brewcityf6b
06-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Thinking about maybe just riding out for the day one of the days. Hard to get away for an overnight with a 1 and 3 year old at the house. And, the WI sheriff's dept seems to frown on putting kids in hard bags. :017:

Anyone else coming from the Greater Milwaukee area?

six2go
06-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Planning on getting a room for Friday or Saturday night. Need to check availability pretty quick. Not sure how big this thing is.Wing Ding has been here in my city twice in the past few years and it's a big deal. Every hotel in town was booked full as well as in some outlying areas. I went to the first one, the venue is only a mile from my house. You cannot get into the vendors area unless you are a GWRRA member(at least that's the way it was then). If I remember correctly, there were between 9,000 to 12,000 Dingers here depending on what report you read. It's been in Madison before too.

grendl
06-22-2014, 03:56 PM
I have a buddy that I grew up with that I am going to meet there. He has friends close by so we'll be staying there and riding over to the event. He tells me it's a blast and he goes every year. So....I'm going to leave Denver either Saturday or Sunday stay a few days and head back home. Been a while since I made a trip that long so tentatively planning a couple days to get there and we'll see about coming back.
Long trips is why I bought the F6B ,I've been going out around Colorado racking up miles and looking forward to this !

choptop
06-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Friend and I will be heading out Friday morning, stopping at the Bushtec tent/trailer and picking up a electronic relay isolator because the "plug and play" that I ordered from Wing Stuff w/my hitch, was not the correct one although the way it is marketed makes a numb nuts like me think you are ordering the right thing when their is no "plug and play" for the F6b. If it works out I will have them install it becauise Saturday I am supposed to pick up my trailer. Will be wearing my F6b T shirt.

Hambly434
06-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Thought it would be a good idea to set up a meet point at the F4 Customs tent at noon at the wing ding.
GLryder98 runs the tent and is a forum member. Should be a nice easy place to meet a member no matter what day your there.

choptop
07-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Heading out w/friend, he on his Valkyrie, me on 6, of course, at 6:30 am, hit Madison 11-12. Bushtec first off then F4, will be wearing F6b T.

choptop
07-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Just got back from Wing Ding, 820 miles, a little wet and a new, to me, Bushtec Roadstar trailer. We had a good time. Stopped at the Bushtec trailer, bought a new "isolator" wiring kit, had them install it, nice people. 6, of course, ran like a dream as did buddies Valkyrie. Pulled trailer 300 miles back, would not know it was their, I love it.

RT59
07-06-2014, 08:51 PM
We had a great time at Wing Ding too and like you, we pulled a new Roadstar home - I should say that my wife pulled it home as she loves adding new uses to her bike. Nice group of guys at the Bushtec and glad to own their product. Sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk... I don't know where all the time went!
-R

choptop
07-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Took the opportunity of going to Wing Ding to run over to the Lake Shore, Port Washington, to pick up a used, but like new, '98 decked out black Roadstar. Love it.