PDA

View Full Version : A little droolin'

CheckpointChcky
05-17-2014, 08:25 PM
It was such a nice day here today so, making my touring rounds on the 6 today, I stopped by our local HD dealership. Even as I was parking the bike, I started to get a crowd around me. After answering some questions about my bike, I sat outside on a bench drinking a Pepsi and just watched. Many guys crowded around my black beauty and kept going around it. More came over to where I was sitting with even more questions. One had the nerve to tell me that was too much bike for a woman. ( I may be a 61 year old woman, but I still rock! ) I don't think HD is going to like the F6B because a lot of die-hard HD guys are liking this bike a lot!

coffee_weasle
05-17-2014, 08:32 PM
go girl go!

being 61 also, i bought the black bike to go with my grey hair

since i traded the h-d for it, i don't need to stop at the h-d dealer for parts

:icon_laugh:

smokinjoe187
05-17-2014, 08:34 PM
It was such a nice day here today so, making my touring rounds on the 6 today, I stopped by our local HD dealership. Even as I was parking the bike, I started to get a crowd around me. After answering some questions about my bike, I sat outside on a bench drinking a Pepsi and just watched. Many guys crowded around my black beauty and kept going around it. More came over to where I was sitting with even more questions. One had the nerve to tell me that was too much bike for a woman. ( I may be a 61 year old woman, but I still rock! ) I don't think HD is going to like the F6B because a lot of die-hard HD guys are liking this bike a lot!

we had a poll before,bit i wonder if the numbers have changed!!
many of us sold harley to buy a f6b!!
+1 smokinjoe 2009 electra glide!!

coffee_weasle
05-17-2014, 08:37 PM
2008 ultra classic

CheckpointChcky
05-17-2014, 08:47 PM
I just love this bike and can't wait to see what comes as it gets more popular.

choptop
05-17-2014, 08:57 PM
'90 Fl

coffee_weasle
05-17-2014, 08:57 PM
i'm hoping.... an electronic cruise control that doesn't cost a grand

FlatSixBagger
05-17-2014, 09:04 PM
2010 HD Roadglide 85,000+ miles on th OD, broke down 6 times 3 locally, 1X Utah, 1X NY, 1X SD, had 15 work orders on and it was a replacement motorcycle for a lemon lawed 09 HD Classic Electra Glide with 25,000+ less than a year old at the time. I have owned 9 H-D and all but 2 were POS and those two I owned less than a year. I have also owned 3 Hondas, 2 Kaws, 1 Buell (POS too), 1 Yam, 2 Zukis, 1 Polaris. Never had a problem with any of them except a tech prep era on one of the zuki. I will prob never buy another HD again. Now having said that I still own a 1984 HD Softail that I will never sell and will allways be fixing and tinkering with.

coffee_weasle
05-17-2014, 09:07 PM
2010 HD Roadglide 85,000+ miles on th OD, broke down 6 times 3 locally, 1X Utah, 1X NY, 1X SD, had 15 work orders on and it was a replacement motorcycle for a lemon lawed 09 HD Classic Electra Glide with 25,000+ less than a year old at the time. I have owned 9 H-D and all but 2 were POS and those two I owned less than a year. I have also owned 3 Hondas, 2 Kaws, 1 Buell (POS too), 1 Yam, 2 Zukis, 1 Polaris. Never had a problem with any of them except a tech prep era on one of the zuki. I will prob never buy another HD again. Now having said that I still own a 1984 HD Softail that I will never sell and will allways be fixing and tinkering with.

throttle-by-wire issue come up (on the roadglide)?

FlatSixBagger
05-17-2014, 09:12 PM
throttle-by-wire issue come up (on the roadglide)?
YES, multiple times, plus oil coming out the air filter, tranny leaks, and nut backing off the compensator in the primary muliple times, and radio issues.

coffee_weasle
05-17-2014, 09:20 PM
YES, multiple times, plus oil coming out the air filter, tranny leaks, and nut backing off the compensator in the primary muliple times, and radio issues.

(just shaking my head)

an unsafe and unreliable throttle configuration

as for engine oil, i was told the engine capacity is wrong in the manual, 3 1/4 qts is right (not 4 qts, unless you like a well lubed air filter)

FlatSixBagger
05-17-2014, 09:31 PM
(just shaking my head)

an unsafe and unreliable throttle configuration

as for engine oil, i was told the engine capacity is wrong in the manual, 3 1/4 qts is right (not 4 qts, unless you like a well lubed air filter)
Mine would eventual push ever bit of oil out. I continuously had to buy oil and add it or it would be completely empty, like every 2000 miles I had to add 1-2 qts.
It is apparently common too:http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/732629-oil-in-air-cleaner.html

CaptRob
05-17-2014, 10:09 PM
1+ 2011 street glide

kjelders
05-18-2014, 11:39 AM
HondabikePro told me the other day he sold a F6B to member of the Bandidos. He had to get permission from the club and they gave him the ok.

GNW
05-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Been down the HD road many times. Break downs. Sad deal.
4K on F6 today and all is good! Been winging a long time too !!

bobbyf6b
05-18-2014, 10:39 PM
HondabikePro told me the other day he sold a F6B to member of the Bandidos. He had to get permission from the club and they gave him the ok.

Wow, times are a changin. It's ok though, this guy has been riding Victory's for years. I see him on it every now and then. During AZ Bikeweek this year he was hanging out at the Indian tent (also made by Polaris now).

F6BPDX
05-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Wow, times are a changin. It's ok though, this guy has been riding Victory's for years. I see him on it every now and then. During AZ Bikeweek this year he was hanging out at the Indian tent (also made by Polaris now).

Yeah but Sonny riding a Victory is a bit easier for most MC guys to swallow I think. Still MIA, still a big displacement V-Twin, etc.

I am a bit surprised to hear that the Bandidos OK'd a Japanese bike, that seems to be outside the realm of normal for sure.

bobbyf6b
05-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Yeah but Sonny riding a Victory is a bit easier for most MC guys to swallow I think. Still MIA, still a big displacement V-Twin, etc.

I am a bit surprised to hear that the Bandidos OK'd a Japanese bike, that seems to be outside the realm of normal for sure.

I agree.

filgolfnutSHIRTS
05-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Went cruisin to Lake Geneva. Stopped to get gas and after fill up, went inside the store to grab a coke. Coming out my 6 was surrounded by about 8 hd folks scratching heads, i kid you not.

unsub
05-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Coming out my 6 was surrounded by about 8 hd folks scratching heads, i kid you not.

Good reason to never share your helmet.:icon_wink:

CaptRob
05-19-2014, 08:10 PM
I agree.I saw a special where The Angels were pissed ad HD for not standing behind them and sponsoring them..all that. The Motor co said that they couldn't support that image, and I don't blame them as HD is yuppie image now. I think he was saying he would like to not support HD as well!!

FlatSixBagger
05-20-2014, 11:19 AM
I saw a special where The Angels were pissed ad HD for not standing behind them and sponsoring them..all that. The Motor co said that they couldn't support that image, and I don't blame them as HD is yuppie image now. I think he was saying he would like to not support HD as well!!
in support to your comment:
"It Has Always Been Important For .... ..... To Ride American Made Machines. In Terms Of Pure Workmanship, Personally I Don't Like Harleys. I Ride Them Cause I Am In The Club And And That Is The Image, But If I Could, I Would Seriously Consider Riding A Honda St1100 Or A BMW. We Really Missed The Boat Not Switching Over To The Japanese Models When They Began Building Bigger Bikes. I Usually Say "**** Harley Davidson". You Can Buy An St1100 And The Mother****Er Will Do 110 Mph Right From The Factory All Day Long. While It Is Too Late To Switch Over Now, It Would Have Been A Nice Move Cause Japenese Bikes Today Are Much Cheaper And Better Built, However They Don't Have As Much Personality." Paragraph on page 53 of the book.
The most iconic member of this club made this statement

Bruce B
05-20-2014, 11:57 AM
go girl go!

being 61 also, i bought the black bike to go with my grey hair

since i traded the h-d for it, i don't need to stop at the h-d dealer for parts

:icon_laugh:

By that standard, my black bike should have some pink trim to go with my bald top that's encircled by grey hair. At 71, I'm lucky to have even the grey fringe.

kjelders
05-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Going on a little tangent here, but for the dominate 1%'ers here, the Bandidos are really quite. They participate in a numerous charity events and I never here about them in the news for their "activities". They are very low-keyed here in WA.

coffee_weasle
05-20-2014, 04:08 PM
By that standard, my black bike should have some pink trim to go with my bald top that's encircled by grey hair. At 71, I'm lucky to have even the grey fringe.

.................................................. .................................................. ....:lolup:

smokinjoe187
05-20-2014, 05:05 PM

heard a rumor that the goldwing line is coming back to ohio

CheckpointChcky
05-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Back to Marysville? That would be cool if it did and the factory tours started back up again.

FlatSixBagger
05-20-2014, 07:49 PM
there has been 1%'ers on Goldwings "only" manufacture in the US. I live in Ohio and have seen them. Funny side note Toyota are made from more American parts than most "American" brand cars.

Trike lady
05-20-2014, 08:35 PM
there has been 1%'ers on Goldwings "only" manufacture in the US. I live in Ohio and have seen them. Funny side note Toyota are made from more American parts than most "American" brand cars.
Gives new meaning to "You meet the nicest people on a Honda." :icon_lol:
I just cannot picture those guys on Wings.

smokinjoe187
05-20-2014, 08:52 PM

funny you say that
did you know that highest produced motors made in america are toyota motors in north carolina,non union shop..
ever peeled back the covers on a new harley????
made in china every where..
chevy ford dodge engines all made in mexico.
highest produced american car,honda accord,toyota camary,made in ohio and kentucky in closed gm plants long abandonded
but,now im way off topic
sorry back to the thread

racer
05-23-2014, 01:58 PM

That would be cool.

Back to the OP-- my harley friends don't seem to like my 6. It is too fast and quiet.

CheckpointChcky
05-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Happened twice today......one guy in a truck yells out some high praise for the bike and then a caber passes me on the 4 lane and almost falls out of the passenger side giving thumbs up at the bike. Very popular, it seems, to the younger folk.

Skully
05-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Traded my 09' Road Glide for the F6B Deluxe a month ago. Could not be any Happier. :icon_lol:

CheckpointChcky
05-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Traded my 09' Road Glide for the F6B Deluxe a month ago. Could not be any Happier. :icon_lol:

Hey, a F6B fellow owner in my neck of the woods. Your name is not Bill is it?

CheckpointChcky
05-26-2014, 09:03 PM
It happened again.... Stopped at the local ice creamery this evening and parked next to a '97 Goldwing. When I came back to my bike 15 minutes later, the guy with the older Wing was walking around my bike. He said he was a Harley rider but that he recently totaled his bike and was having to ride the Wing until he decides what to buy. He said he was pretty sure he was going to get another Harley but now, after seeing my bike and asking a ton of questions about it, he wanted to know which dealer I purchased it from as he was going to go there and take the F6B for a test ride. Another Harley guy may come over to this side. :icon_biggrin:

luckyluciano
05-27-2014, 07:11 AM
I just did the B.A.D. ride this past weekend. Out of 1500 bikes, I was the only F6B rider there that I could tell. Honda had a black one on display. Everyone complimented and circling around my red & black and said it looked hot. Many "sweet ride " compliments.

WingThing
05-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Was out riding over the weekend. We stopped at a park and some guy walked by looking my bike over. He asked "Is that the new Valkyrie I've heard about?" I said no, it's a Honda but it's not a Valkyrie, it's a Goldwing" He say with surprise,:shock: "A Goldwing? What'd you do to it?.... I laughed and explained it to him and showed him the Badge by the glove box. He was blown away by the bike and kept telling me how cool it looked.

Had another guy on a bike pull up along side me. He looked the Wing over and gave me a big thumbs up :yes: before riding off. Great to see the reaction people have about this bike.

bobbyf6b
05-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Had another guy on a bike pull up along side me. He looked the Wing over and gave me a big thumbs up :yes: before riding off. Great to see the reaction people have about this bike.

I did that too before I got mine a year ago. I was on my Street Glide wishing I was on a F6B. :039:

CheckpointChcky
05-30-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm in Colonial Williamsburg this weekend. I just went to the grocery store. When I came out, there were two guys taking pictures of my bike. When they saw me, that just started raving about the bike. These are going to be very hot bikes indeed.

lhomuth
05-30-2014, 09:54 PM
we had a poll before,bit i wonder if the numbers have changed!!
many of us sold harley to buy a f6b!!
+1 smokinjoe 2009 electra glide!!

1982 hd fxr
1984 hd fxrp
1985 hd fxrs
1987 hd softail
1988 hd heritage
2003 hd roadking
2013 F6B

SpeedyWho
05-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Went cruisin to Lake Geneva. Stopped to get gas and after fill up, went inside the store to grab a coke. Coming out my 6 was surrounded by about 8 hd folks scratching heads, i kid you not.

I've had tons of HD people ask me about my bike, and almost all of them really liked it and good things to say. I was surprised by that. I guess you cant argue the Goldwing quality

SpeedyWho
05-31-2014, 06:33 PM
I had a city bus driver open his door and ask me about the bike at a stop light today.:icon_cool:

racer
06-01-2014, 11:08 PM
At a gas stop Saturday with my brothers, a guy walked up to me at the pumps and started grilling me about the 6. Seems he is about to trade in his sreetglde on one. When his wife walked up he said "see honey, this is the bike I was talking about".

At another stop on Sunday, the 6 was sandwiched between a brother's 110 CVO (stunning bike) and a hangaround's road king. A guy comes up, asks what the 6 was and said, that's one good looking motorcycle! Not even a comment for the harleys.

A good weekend. My VTX1800 used to be the chapter hotrod, now the 6 is. :icon_biggrin:

CheckpointChcky
06-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Didn't you used to be on the VTX board? I was too.

racer
06-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Didn't you used to be on the VTX board? I was too.

Still am. I still have the VTX.

CheckpointChcky
06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Took a ride to and from Danville, Va. today. A car full of men followed me to a restaurant just to ask about the 6. Then on the way home, a couple of guys leaned out the fron and back seat windows raving about the bike. The guy that was with me just shook his head and laughed....he was on a Harley.

Scotrod
06-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Everyone and their Grandma has already see 452 billion HD's,,, Even if 1/100th of 1 percent of them are full-blown $60,000.00 customs,,, eh,,, even they have dozens of 'look-a-likes',,,

Buddy of mine rides a '12 StreetGlide. We had just swapped bikes at a gas station, ready to roll, and a guy came over all excited about the 6,,, I was sitting on the SG and he never bother to look twice at it!! LOL!!! Too funny to watch my buddy on my bike getting complimented!!! :crackup:

CheckpointChcky
06-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Everyone and their Grandma has already see 452 billion HD's,,, Even if 1/100th of 1 percent of them are full-blown $60,000.00 customs,,, eh,,, even they have dozens of 'look-a-likes',,,

Buddy of mine rides a '12 StreetGlide. We had just swapped bikes at a gas station, ready to roll, and a guy came over all excited about the 6,,, I was sitting on the SG and he never bother to look twice at it!! LOL!!! Too funny to watch my buddy on my bike getting complimented!!! :crackup:

You are so right....while we were at Thunder Road HD in Danville, one of the salespeople flew out the door to look at my 6 and came back in with nothing but compliments. He commented how he thought it looked like a street glide.

IBREWBEER
06-06-2014, 10:05 PM
My first bike was a vstar 1100 custom, owned a few yamas after that. Always liked the look and feel of the HD's but knew I never wanted to get one. I guess I just couldn't stand that every bike I saw on the road was an HD... Plus I knew that once I went down that road I would have to spend thousands of dollars on Harley shirts and jackets and pants and stickers and bandannas and chrome and visits to the service department ! Love my F6. I'm now a winger for life :icon_biggrin:

Ixol Phaane
06-06-2014, 10:50 PM
... Love my F6. I'm now a winger for life :icon_biggrin:

+1 :icon_biggrin:

Elin in So. Cal.
06-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Yup, what she said. Everywhere I go, I step away from the bike to do anything, and it gets "groupies".

Before it was dressed up with fancy schmancy paint, it would still garner the groupies. Makes me smile.

I hope the F6B never gets so popular that they are "the usual ride to see" on the road.

And I had a HD 07 Softail that had thousand dollar repairs as a regular part of the mileage. The Red Queen F6B now has 10,500 miles and nary a whisper of a problem.:icon_cool: