05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Has anyone used this raingear?

jkelley
05-19-2014, 09:14 AM
Has anyone used this raingear?

Yes, Light and works ok.

Deer Slayer
05-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Temperature wise, the Toggs are cooler than plastic. I am saddened by the loss of all those frogs.:yikes:

Steve 0080
05-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Excellent product..go for the more expensive ones , they are thicker…maybe $80 ?????

bobbyf6b
05-19-2014, 10:50 AM
I use them. Much more comfortable than the usual rain gear. I have the "Bilt" ones from Cycle Gear and I really like them. The few times I've used them, they kept me dry and I didn't sweat to death with them on.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Street/Suits/Two-Piece/Textile/brand/BILT/Frogg-Toggs-Two-Piece-Rainsuit/p/28143_59409_2

MSGT-R
05-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Yeah, they're great, you can get them in colors, and they also sell them at places like Cabaleas.

I wore out the inside leg of mine since I have to shift off the seat at every stop.
They are light like a Tyvex painter's suit and roll up tight for the saddlebag.

hiflyer
05-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah, they're great, you can get them in colors, and they also sell them at places like Cabaleas.

I wore out the inside leg of mine since I have to shift off the seat at every stop.
They are light like a Tyvex painter's suit and roll up tight for the saddlebag.

That was my concern, durability.

FlatSixBagger
05-19-2014, 01:56 PM
I have this one works pretty good, lots of pockets too, made for fishing, bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods $75.00.

hiflyer
05-19-2014, 03:47 PM
I have this one works pretty good, lots of pockets too, made for fishing, bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods $75.00.

What about pants?

FlatSixBagger
05-20-2014, 10:56 AM
What about pants?
I use my old H-D pants which work well. More than I can say for their H-D rain jackets unfortunately.

BuzzzPhotos
05-26-2014, 06:01 PM
I work outside a bunch & really like the frog togs. Have had a few zippers break on the cheaper sets. I like them because I stay cooler.

mike2000t
06-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Love em

SCMike
06-04-2014, 09:23 PM
They're excellent. Keep you dry but not hot.

Cool Hand Luke
06-05-2014, 06:16 AM
Yes, Frogg Toggs is great, you can't go wrong. It packs small and lasts, just watch out not to rip it.

I already had waterproof yet breathable pants from Coleman I bought at Walmart for about $15 on sale:

These are very comfortable and fit over existing pants or can be worn by themselves. Sometimes while riding in the mountains I put them on over existing pants if it's cold outside and they feel great. Very light as well. They have 3 snaps on the side of each pant leg to make them fit even tighter.

The Frogg Togg jacket I currently have I bought at Academy Sports store for $39, it is meant for fishermen:

It did come with detachable hood but I took it off as I don't use it (I ride with helmet). They do sell matching pants for $39 as well but I already had Coleman's. I was riding in Western NC for Memorial Day Weekend and it was chilly in the morning so I put this jacket over existing one. It kept me appreciately warmer and it was comfortable. Yet to try it in rain.

Both of these pack very small.

SmallPasture
06-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Just put a set for the Wifey and I in the saddle bags this weekend. Have never used them but all I hear is they are the Cat-daddy for the price!:yes:

Tbone56
06-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Yes, Frogg Toggs is great, you can't go wrong. It packs small and lasts, just watch out not to rip it.

I already had waterproof yet breathable pants from Coleman I bought at Walmart for about $15 on sale:

These are very comfortable and fit over existing pants or can be worn by themselves. Sometimes while riding in the mountains I put them on over existing pants if it's cold outside and they feel great. Very light as well. They have 3 snaps on the side of each pant leg to make them fit even tighter.

The Frogg Togg jacket I currently have I bought at Academy Sports store for $39, it is meant for fishermen:

It did come with detachable hood but I took it off as I don't use it (I ride with helmet). They do sell matching pants for $39 as well but I already had Coleman's. I was riding in Western NC for Memorial Day Weekend and it was chilly in the morning so I put this jacket over existing one. It kept me appreciately warmer and it was comfortable. Yet to try it in rain.

Both of these pack very small.

I have a set of Frogs, but I may have to look into these too.