PDA

View Full Version : Finally got in a decent ride.

opas ride
05-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Great weather today in Michigan for a change and I got in a nice 150 mile ride. Been fighting a bum knee and lousy weather for the last few weeks so I rode today...Man do I love the F6B, getting use to the "drone" from the Cobra's, not so bad with the new Shoei helmet and Baggershield windscreen..Almost no wind noise and buffeting even at 90 mph....Bike is super smooth, handles great, and has power up the "old wazzoo".....Hope the weather stays nice for us all and ride safe.....

CaptRob
05-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Great weather today in Michigan for a change and I got in a nice 150 mile ride. Been fighting a bum knee and lousy weather for the last few weeks so I rode today...Man do I love the F6B, getting use to the "drone" from the Cobra's, not so bad with the new Shoei helmet and Baggershield windscreen..Almost no wind noise and buffeting even at 90 mph....Bike is super smooth, handles great, and has power up the "old wazzoo".....Hope the weather stays nice for us all and ride safe.....

I did a 450 mile trip with my cobras before the LOOPZ and I kinda got used to the drone. Trust me if you plug the crossover like DEERSLAYER or install torq loopz like I did you will be so much happier. I also have Shoei FF and the drone is worse with a FF than ½. That drone just made me angry and took away from the ride. :2cents:

opas ride
05-19-2014, 09:46 PM
I might make some changes down the road but for now probably not...I have been advised not to screw with the Cats or Torq Loopz as it is not worth the effort and voids the warranty, screws up things and all sorts of horror stories...With the 3/4 Shoei helmet the "drone" is okay with me for now...On really long rides, which are very few and far between anymore for me, I will just go back to the stockers if it becomes necessary as I have them and do not have to fiddle with exhaust issues that are more complicated than I care to mess with.....