PDA

View Full Version : Which windshield ?

slappy58
05-20-2014, 09:01 AM
O.K. , Picking up my new F6B on May 28th in MD. Looking for a taller shield . I like the look of the Klock Werks or maybe the Clearview 11 or 13. What do you think?

Also I'm heading south to Maggie Valley NC. after pick-up and then back home to Cape Cod, Ma. any thoughts on great routes or must see's ?

Steve

bobbyf6b
05-20-2014, 09:37 AM
You're going to get a hundred different answers. I like my Windbender.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2383-Windbender-Windshield-Pics&highlight=Windbender

Scotrod
05-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Maybe even 102 different answers!

Windshields are kinda like underwear,,, Do ya wanna look cool, be comfortable, or something inbetween?

(You didn't hear this from me, but 1951VBS prefers going COMMANDO!) :yikes:

F6B-RICH
05-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I got the electric Windbender.Very happy with it .batman-smilie.

FlatSixBagger
05-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Top right hand of screen "Advanced Search" will give you idea what is available then you can ask more specific questions as to once you may be interested in one you find. This is what I am currently doing also. Thinking I will go with a Cee Bailey, original liked Clearview, but I had a Klockworks on my Roadglide and it too have a recurve which I did not like because it distorts your view when looking through it while riding in the rain, same for bagger shield the two shaded windshield and the line through the center would drive me nuts as would the electric with brackets on other shields, that just me though.

Bruce B
05-20-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm totally pleased with my Madstad. Lots of Forum members like them a lot. Because of the Madstad, I have a 13 inch tinted Cee Baileys with vent for sale on the for sale by owner section on this forum. Make me a reasonable offer and you pay shipping.

FlatSixBagger
05-20-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm totally pleased with my Madstad. Lots of Forum members like them a lot. Because of the Madstad, I have a 13 inch tinted Cee Baileys with vent for sale on the for sale by owner section on this forum. Make me a reasonable offer and you pay shipping.
dam right height, but the vent would drive me nuts. I'm only 5'8". OP might be worth you looking at it.

Scotrod
05-20-2014, 12:31 PM
LOL!!!

would drive me nuts

Might have ta call ya the 'FlatNutty SixBagger' if this keeps up!!! :yikes: :crackup:

:cheers:

(Madstad here too! :yes:)

slappy58
05-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Top right hand of screen "Advanced Search" will give you idea what is available then you can ask more specific questions as to once you may be interested in one you find. This is what I am currently doing also. Thinking I will go with a Cee Bailey, original liked Clearview, but I had a Klockworks on my Roadglide and it too have a recurve which I did not like because it distorts your view when looking through it while riding in the rain, same for bagger shield the two shaded windshield and the line through the center would drive me nuts as would the electric with brackets on other shields, that just me though.

Hey F6B,

Had a wlock werks on my Electraglide and liked it alot , it was low enough that the recurve wasn't an issue. I was VERY close to buying a Roadglide instead of the F6B...
how would you compare the two ?

FlatSixBagger
05-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Hey F6B,

Had a wlock werks on my Electraglide and liked it alot , it was low enough that the recurve wasn't an issue. I was VERY close to buying a Roadglide instead of the F6B...
how would you compare the two ?
F6B hands down beats the RG in every category except one, the only thing I miss about my RG is the floor boards, I put 85,000+ miles on that motorcycle in 2 years. One other nice thing about the RG was aftermarket parts availability, if you thought about a part on that bike to improve it someone already had it made and had it ready for the consumer to purchase, now thats a double edge sword because you could easily go over board. If I was to buy another HD the RG is the only I would buy, it is the best cruiser, bagger, and touring motorcycle of all HD platforms and I have owned or rode all platforms including every touring model available.

slappy58
05-20-2014, 09:50 PM
F6B hands down beats the RG in every category except one, the only thing I miss about my RG is the floor boards, I put 85,000+ miles on that motorcycle in 2 years. One other nice thing about the RG was aftermarket parts availability, if you thought about a part on that bike to improve it someone already had it made and had it ready for the consumer to purchase, now thats a double edge sword because you could easily go over board. If I was to buy another HD the RG is the only I would buy, it is the best cruiser, bagger, and touring motorcycle of all HD platforms and I have owned or rode all platforms including every touring model available.

Damn , That's a LOT of miles brother! There are times I miss my H-D's ,I've had many models also , and have had pretty good luck with 2000 and up years mechanically,
Love their look but they can't get out of their own way, even after spending alot of time and $$$ on performance up grades . I do miss the floor boards at times also.
Thought about the kuryakys but I'm not sold on the looks...Plus I plan on griding up my share of asphalt scraping pegs !

Thanks for everyones replies !

Steve 0080
05-20-2014, 11:12 PM
I think I am on my 6 or 7th…Have a Clearview now with a vent…love it…loved the Honda Tall before I put a Mustang seat on and lowered the seat, have it for sale now…. who knows…don’t think you will be happy until you have gone thru 3 or 4….JMHO….

GiddyupF6B
05-20-2014, 11:18 PM
I have the Ergomot electric windscreen and love it! It was my fourth windshield in 6 months and was finally what I was looking for. It's expensive and a bit involved to install but well worth it! I put it all the way down for around town cruising or really warm days and then with a flick of a switch it's up and ready to hit the highway. Good luck with your search.....Like I said, it took me a few to get it right....

smokinjoe187
05-21-2014, 02:13 AM
I think I am on my 6 or 7th…Have a Clearview now with a vent…love it…loved the Honda Tall before I put a Mustang seat on and lowered the seat, have it for sale now…. who knows…don’t think you will be happy until you have gone thru 3 or 4….JMHO….
amen to that...i think the more you try the more you figure out what you hate about them!!

slappy58
05-21-2014, 08:46 PM
well, I pulled the trigger on the Wlock Werks shield . Having it shipped to my dealer in MD. for install when I pick up new scoot on the 28th and head on down the Blue Ridge parkway to Maggie Valley. Can't wait...like a little kid ! I'll give a full repoft when I get back to Cape Cod...Thanks for all your input.

GiddyupF6B
05-21-2014, 10:52 PM
well, I pulled the trigger on the Wlock Werks shield . Having it shipped to my dealer in MD. for install when I pick up new scoot on the 28th and head on down the Blue Ridge parkway to Maggie Valley. Can't wait...like a little kid ! I'll give a full repoft when I get back to Cape Cod...Thanks for all your input.

What dealer in Md are you buying from?

F6BLK
05-22-2014, 07:50 AM

Enjoy the ride!Post Pics!

CheckpointChcky
05-23-2014, 07:19 PM
If you are like most of us, you are going to love this bike. I find myself just looking for excuses to ride and the more I do, the more I love it. I came from some other bikes too. My first, as an older adult, was a Honda Aero 750 cc. After about 9 months I traded that for a 2006 Honda VTX 1300cc. After that, I traded for a 2008 Honda VTX 1300 cc. I traded that for a 2005 Goldwing ( which I hated and swore I would never own another Wing). After 9 months, I traded that for a 2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S 1700 cc. I absolutely loved that bike and wouldn't hesitate to own another one. When my dealership asked if I wanted to test ride the F6B, I said yes, but that I would hate it. I drove it and loved it. For reasons unknown, it didn't handle like the 2005 Wing I had. I had one in my garage less than a week later. Can't wait to hear your comments about the bike after you have it for about a week.

smokinjoe187
05-24-2014, 01:53 AM
set the bar low...its my experience that this is a windy bike...be prepared

slappy58
05-24-2014, 08:40 AM
What dealer in Md are you buying from?

Giddyup ,

Buying from Honda Powersports of Crofton,MD . Brand new 2013 Blk deluxe $16,700. OTD. Bill & Dan have been very easy to work with . I figure a great break in ride
would be to head south down the Blueridge PWY. to Maggie Valley.

slappy58
05-24-2014, 08:50 AM
If you are like most of us, you are going to love this bike. I find myself just looking for excuses to ride and the more I do, the more I love it. I came from some other bikes too. My first, as an older adult, was a Honda Aero 750 cc. After about 9 months I traded that for a 2006 Honda VTX 1300cc. After that, I traded for a 2008 Honda VTX 1300 cc. I traded that for a 2005 Goldwing ( which I hated and swore I would never own another Wing). After 9 months, I traded that for a 2010 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S 1700 cc. I absolutely loved that bike and wouldn't hesitate to own another one. When my dealership asked if I wanted to test ride the F6B, I said yes, but that I would hate it. I drove it and loved it. For reasons unknown, it didn't handle like the 2005 Wing I had. I had one in my garage less than a week later. Can't wait to hear your comments about the bike after you have it for about a week.

Hey CPC,

I too am coming from a wing , but I love that bike...I just don't use all the bells & whistles like CB , reverse...Ect. I will miss the cruise and nav but the F6B handles SOOO
much sharper and lets not forget the abvious...it looks awesome ! Give me a shout about NC and the Maggie Valley area. Looking at some property while I'm down there.
I always liked the Star line too !

Skully
05-25-2014, 06:26 AM

Hey Steve,

What size Clear View did you get. I just ordered the 15" (Medium) grey with a vent and recurve at the top. I have a 14 inch KW but is just to short. I am going to eventially get a Mustang seat and that will drop me down another inch. Hope it won't be to high at that point.

Just looking for some info from someone who has the shield and the seat that I want.

Also, how much farther back does the Mustang seat put you?

watertowerman
05-26-2014, 04:11 PM
I have 3000 miles on my 15 inch dark smoke Cee Baileys and love it. Have had them on Goldwings, Super Tenere, FLHX, and KLR650.. liked CeeB"s on all of them.

luckyluciano
05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Anyone have this windshield?
Who makes it?
Good Quality?
Does it work Good?

Bozz
11-12-2014, 07:30 PM
O.K. , Picking up my new F6B on May 28th in MD. Looking for a taller shield . I like the look of the Klock Werks or maybe the Clearview 11 or 13. What do you think?

Also I'm heading south to Maggie Valley NC. after pick-up and then back home to Cape Cod, Ma. any thoughts on great routes or must see's ?

Steve

Windbender ST13 on mine and it's great! I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. I'm not sure why everybody uses these measurements when they talk about windshields....I guess because they're convenient and most people know their inseam....but really, they don't mean a lot when discussing windshields...we need to establish a standard measurement for our upper half when talking about windshields...and reserve the lower half measurements for discussing highway pegs and seats....IMHO...

Texas TC
11-12-2014, 08:21 PM
I installed a F4 on a buddys F6B and really liked the style, quality, and hardeded surface that allows cleaning with household window cleaners and paper towels. Last weekend, Wingstuff had a 15% off sale on F4's and I ordered a tinted one with vent hole. Due for delivery tomorrow. I am really anxious to try it. My OEM Honda tall is getting a little worse for wear after 25,000 miles.

Texas TC
11-13-2014, 04:04 PM
I installed my 18" F4 Customs windshield today. I was surprised 1. it installed with five bolts instead of three and 2. it is closer to 19" than 18". I took a short ride in upper 30 degree weather and really like the extra width along with this tall screen. Sitting normal, I look through the shield which I prefer. I can sit straight up and look over it. I installed the vent from my OEM Honda tall screen for added wind in the Texas summer months. I am looking forward to a longer ride to really test out the wind protection.

SoCal Rich
11-13-2014, 10:23 PM
I tried Cee Bailey and Clearview on my F6B. None would give me enough cover. Madstad has eliminated all buffeting, gives me a slight breeze, and is lower for better view over the shield.

Random Factor
11-13-2014, 10:44 PM
I tried Cee Bailey and Clearview on my F6B. None would give me enough cover. Madstad has eliminated all buffeting, gives me a slight breeze, and is lower for better view over the shield.

Yep. Tried Cee Bailey and Honda Tall. Madstad just plain works. No buffeting at all and you look over it.

Old Ryder
11-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Personally, I have used Klockworks on a number of bikes and love it. The most "Aero-efficient" design I have found. THIS IS JUST ME---but I hate tall shields and the KW works almost as well while allowing you to look over. Also takes away the noise.

hiflyer
11-16-2014, 11:32 AM
I have tried the following: (HUGE USED W/S SALE COMING SOON:clap2:)

Baggershield ( short, dark), ---- looks great, too much windnoise.

Cee Bailey (15" w/vent)-------great quality, like it in the summer, more air to shoulder area due to width

Clearview recurve (short sport touring w/vent)-------great quality, I bought this height to use w/ shorter Mustang seat. Couldn't take the seat position. Probably would be my favorite for looks and effectiveness had it been an inch or two taller.

Klockworks-------The best looking for the bike, but noisy for me. This is on, if I don't have any road trips to make

Madstad (11" w/ clear and smoked shields) Hands down the most effective of all shields I've tried. I have one of the first which has far more adjustments than the one currently available. My goto for touring.

Massimo
11-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Original higher with air intake opening.:icon_wink:

F4 Customs
11-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Don here from F4 Customs. We are a sponsor of the board and we would love to earn your business. Check us out at www.f4customs.com
The F4 Customs Windshield has these attributes:
High Optics
Great Rain Shedding
Highly Scratch Resistant even with Steel Wool
Sheds Rain like Rain X on steroids
4 year warranty
Made in the USA from Highest Optical Grade Polycargonate

Reb
11-18-2014, 12:28 AM
G'day everyone, anyone got a review of the tall honda screen ?
Trying to narrow down my choice of screen but it's all becoming to confusing.
Madstad sounds great but doesn't do it for me on the style front
Clear view with the recurve seems my best option,
I just need a little more height than the stock offers to get rid of the buffeting and hopefully I will then be able to hear the radio.
Will have to import from the U.S. as per usual so need to make the right decision first time.
Cheers
Roger

SoCal Rich
11-18-2014, 01:07 AM
I was very concerned that I would not like the Madstad on the style front, too. However, I ended up buying the smoke tint, and now I can say that I think the bike looks more sporty than it did with the straight screens I had tried from Cee Bailey.

Steve 0080
11-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Just installed a Large,Dark Grey,Recurve from Clearview... I can see over and thru the shield.... no time to take it for a ride..maybe Sunday if not for sure on Turkey Day !!! Already had a vent so ordered it with just the hole !!!

To late to get a pic of the shield...

Limoles
11-21-2014, 01:26 AM
My favorite is Cee Bailey . In my F6B I used clear 13" and works just fine .