PDA

View Full Version : New F6B Owner in Upstate NY

MotoPumps
05-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Picked up a new '13 Black Deluxe on Monday this week. I went for a test ride the previous Saturday and was very impressed (except for the windshield!) and decided to get the bike. I traded in a '12 Yamaha Super Tenere that I had about 23,000 miles on.

The dealer installed a stock Gold Wing windshield with a vent, which seems good enough for now. I am looking through it, which is not my first choice, but it is calm and quiet in the cockpit.

That is Cayuga Lake in the background. Beautiful evening ride!

Last night I installed a Mustang seat and hope to put more than commuting miles on the bike this weekend.

I had test ridden a Gold Wing back in 2006 when I was on a Road Glide, and was pretty unimpressed. I know this is basically the same bike, but it feels quite different without the trunk and extra weight up high.

So far I am enjoying the transition :041:

Ride Safe!
Rob

CheckpointChcky
05-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Welcome! I used to live about 30 miles northwest of Rochester, NY. I used to own a Goldwing and I hated it. Traded it for a Yamaha Road Star less than a year later. I test drove this F6B and loved it. Bought a new 2013 a week later and love it.

MarcPW
05-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Welcome and enjoy this Great Bike ! Nice view by the way... :039:

F6B-RICH
05-22-2014, 09:31 PM
'welcome gang' & :congrats: from N.J .batman-smilie.

Steve 0080
05-22-2014, 09:44 PM
+1 :lolup:

Ixol Phaane
05-24-2014, 02:53 AM
:congrats:
And welcome to the party!
Ride safe and Keep the shiny side up:icon_biggrin:

smokinjoe187
05-24-2014, 03:51 AM
Picked up a new '13 Black Deluxe on Monday this week. I went for a test ride the previous Saturday and was very impressed (except for the windshield!) and decided to get the bike. I traded in a '12 Yamaha Super Tenere that I had about 23,000 miles on.

The dealer installed a stock Gold Wing windshield with a vent, which seems good enough for now. I am looking through it, which is not my first choice, but it is calm and quiet in the cockpit.

Last night I installed a Mustang seat and hope to put more than commuting miles on the bike this weekend.

I had test ridden a Gold Wing back in 2006 when I was on a Road Glide, and was pretty unimpressed. I know this is basically the same bike, but it feels quite different without the trunk and extra weight up high.

Ride Safe!
Rob
i have tried all the other windshields and thats what i ended up using
fyi
what i did was remove the front cap and re drill the screen so i was looking over it...19 k miles later...winner winner

MotoPumps
05-24-2014, 06:30 AM
That is good info. I will play with that. With the Mustang seat I am looking through it in a decent spot. With the stock seat, the top of the windshield was directly in my line of sight, so this is certainly tolerable. On the ride home from work last evening, it was raining and I stayed VERY dry. The weather protection is great on this bike. The FJR is good, way better than any of the 'Glides I have had, and this is even better. My boots and hands didn't get a drop, pants dry, jacket dry, just a few drops rolling over the top of the windscreen.

This replaced my Super Tenere, but it may also replace the '08 FJR that one of my riding buddies is eyeing. Time will tell. :icon_biggrin:

Rob

i have tried all the other windshields and thats what i ended up using
fyi
what i did was remove the front cap and re drill the screen so i was looking over it...19 k miles later...winner winner

FlatSixBagger
05-24-2014, 06:44 AM
'welcome gang'

CaptRob
05-24-2014, 03:40 PM

Ride Safe!
Rob

My ridding buddy got rid of his street glide for a Super Tennere and I ditched mine for the F6. WE swapped bikes yesterday for 100 miles during a 900 mile trip. He didn't want to get off my 6 and about 80 miles was all that was fun for me on the ST. I am glad I choose the F6B!!

RickW
05-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Welcome, from NE Ohio.

Ride Safe!
Rob