PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Pages : 1 [2]

bill1254
12-04-2016, 08:44 PM
I would say that the stock exhaust on my 2016 F6B comes in second to all the bikes I have had over the years some 35+ motorcycles. The best so far was my 1979 Honda CBX still can hear it in my head these days.

Bamaburt62
12-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Black cobras, torq loops with guhl ecu reflash and no baffles. It's incrediable!!!

D-Train
12-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Here is your 1000 words. See ya.:cheers:10422 How it looks at 24,000.:039:

Is that a car tire on your bike? :icon_rolleyes: :nono: :icon_razz:

I'm seriously jonesing for a set of the Cobra's. Anyone got a set they don't want? I promise I'll give you less than you want for them! :duck:

D-Train
12-19-2016, 12:38 AM
George you are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I do not run around trashing products without good reason like some people I know. Bird , I can feel a difference in my bike. I am probably more in tune with engine performance than some others. No it doesn't have 20 more HP. So far on my rides this year fuel mileage is up about 1.5 mpg. I am on vacation right now in Branson. Been down in Arkansas the last few days. Bike is performing great. Absolutely no drone with the V&H. Ask my wife. I installed the pipes as part if a master plan. This fall I will send the ECM to Guhl. While its out I will install the K&N filter and look at the airbox to see if I can get more air into it. As much as George can't stand it I believe V&H makes a great pipe. I haven't seen anything to the contrary and this is a company that has roots going back over 40 years. These guys are winners and they manufacture good products. I try to spend my money wisely , I think I made a good purchase. Oh and Bird they look awesome. For some reason George has an unfounded vendetta against this company. Apparently he fancies himself a flow engineer. So who do you listen to. George who can look at a pipe and tell its no good , or a company with roots going back over 40 years that backs up their claims by building THE fastest HD and Suzuki's on the planet. Personally George looks kinda small next to that. Sorry George.

As the co-founder & former CEO of cruisercustomizing.com (I'm no longer affiliated) I have personally sold 100's, if not 1000's of sets of pipes (for cruisers, not Wings) and it has always been my experience that V&H makes the best quality pipes out there. We also sold a lot of DG HardKrome, Cobra, Roadhouse, Jardine, Bubs, and other brands. I would rate Cobras as the worst quality. That being said (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this!) but I just got a used F6B 2 days ago and I can't wait to install the Cobra's on it, I'm not even considering V&H. Why? Mostly for the looks, (53 can tell you I go for looks over function, right 53? :icon_razz:) I want BLACK pipes, and the 6 separate pipes just look frigging AWESOME! And most people on here seem happy with the sound and quality, as long as they don't have the drone, which can be cured by replacing the CAT with the torque loop and maybe removing the baffles from just the top pipes and leaving the other 4 baffles installed. So now I'll wait and see if anyone is selling a used set of the Cobra's, if not I found a set online, new, for $730 and free shipping, no tax. This, along with repainting my bike Metallic blue, and changing out the windshield, would make me a happy camper. :banana:

JMartin
12-31-2016, 09:52 AM
I just got my 2013 F6B shipped to me yesterday. Came with Rush Pipes and 2-1/2" Baffles. Way too loud for me... I just don't care for it... and yes, there is a terrible drone at highway speed. Fortunately, the bike came with the stock exhaust too, so I may just powder coat them black and put them back on.

Just my $.02.

Jim

Bamaburt62
01-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Had all the work done about a month ago. No baffles in and yes a little drone. Rode to a rally this weekend and the Vtwinky crowd wouldn't leave me alone. Questions like, what the hell is that, is that a V8. It sounds like my mustang and many more. The work has made this thing a true beast. It gets a lot of looks. Glad I ditched my vtwin addiction to the over priced HD crap. Thought I liked my 2014 Valkryie until I got this.

Muddy
02-26-2017, 07:45 PM
I just put on two brothers racing .sounds great lots of trouble getting all the right parts ,but now its done .Too cold to ride right now.I have the stock pipes for sale if anyone is interested.

tiltingf6b
02-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Black Cobras with Torq loopz…no drone all baffles in, sounds great but 4000 RPM + AWESOME ,

That's what I'm putting on started last week.

tiltingf6b
02-26-2017, 10:06 PM
Had all the work done about a month ago. No baffles in and yes a little drone. Rode to a rally this weekend and the Vtwinky crowd wouldn't leave me alone. Questions like, what the hell is that, is that a V8. It sounds like my mustang and many more. The work has made this thing a true beast. It gets a lot of looks. Glad I ditched my vtwin addiction to the over priced HD crap. Thought I liked my 2014 Valkryie until I got this.

wonder what your Valkyrie would have been like with the same set up.

tiltingf6b
02-26-2017, 10:09 PM
As the co-founder & former CEO of cruisercustomizing.com (I'm no longer affiliated) I have personally sold 100's, if not 1000's of sets of pipes (for cruisers, not Wings) and it has always been my experience that V&H makes the best quality pipes out there. We also sold a lot of DG HardKrome, Cobra, Roadhouse, Jardine, Bubs, and other brands. I would rate Cobras as the worst quality. That being said (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this!) but I just got a used F6B 2 days ago and I can't wait to install the Cobra's on it, I'm not even considering V&H. Why? Mostly for the looks, (53 can tell you I go for looks over function, right 53? :icon_razz:) I want BLACK pipes, and the 6 separate pipes just look frigging AWESOME! And most people on here seem happy with the sound and quality, as long as they don't have the drone, which can be cured by replacing the CAT with the torque loop and maybe removing the baffles from just the top pipes and leaving the other 4 baffles installed. So now I'll wait and see if anyone is selling a used set of the Cobra's, if not I found a set online, new, for $730 and free shipping, no tax. This, along with repainting my bike Metallic blue, and changing out the windshield, would make me a happy camper. :banana:

I've been installing the black cobras and the torque loopz all weekend - slow go. had to take a lot of stuff apart. Be done this week 2/28/17. vrooooom.

Xrider57
04-03-2017, 11:54 AM
I'm new to the F6B but I'm in love. I bought a new 2015 one week before back surgery . I came off a VTX 1800 that I had installed cobra angled slashcuts. Loved the bike and the sound but they were getting louder as time went on and I noticed I was getting annoyed on longer rides. Right now I'm very happy with the sound of the stock exhaust and will spend the money on the things I need. Only one ride but it was nice to get away from the V twin sound and hear myself think.Now if I can get healedup and back on it !

tiltingf6b
04-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Add the Torq Loopz to go along with the Rush Exhaust or any other after market mufflers. The sound difference is amazing.
I just put together a video which lets you hear the sound with the Torq Loopz installed.

<br>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuIfsnKpBw

pain to get sealed right - but worth the effort.

Jupiterider
05-12-2017, 09:50 AM
After listening to a bunch of videos and other's bikes. I decided with and installed the Two Brothers Slip Ons a couple of weeks ago and although they are kind of pricey, I'm very happy with the results. Top notch construction and ease of installation are a big plus but the quality of the sound did it for me. They give my F6B a very high quality sound reminiscent of an old school Porsche 911 with an aftermarket exhaust. A very nice burble during idle, a pleasant low melodic rumble while cruising along with a sharp authoritative bark when I crack the throttle open. This is my third Two Bros exhaust in as many bikes. I have always been satisfied with their products.

broncsrule21
05-21-2017, 07:20 PM
I also installed the TBRs this weekend. I don't have any real ride time on them yet though. Build quality and looks are top notch though.

broncsrule21
05-31-2017, 08:12 PM
It would be nice to change your vote. I would be willing that a lot of those "stock" votes no longer apply.....like mine

53driver
05-31-2017, 08:28 PM
we can lock this thread and start a new one.....

mohnolith
06-04-2017, 10:19 AM
3 weeks ago I had a cager cut me off and I went down. I've got $3000 damage to the bike, and a broken leg.
So, after growing up in a Harley family, none of whom have ever been "not noticed", I decided maybe it's time to make myself heard....literally. I just ordered the TBR Comp-S, because I love how they sound. I'm also getting a GoPro, because the a-hole drove off, and nobody got the plates.

98valk
06-12-2017, 05:36 PM
we can lock this thread and start a new one.....

That's not a bad idea. Maybe include a link to the "old" results, so we can easily compare to the "new" results. :yes:

rudymsmith
06-13-2017, 06:49 AM
no drone - did the adaptive reset - all good.

dustytrader
06-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Just installed a set of V&H Monster slip ons. I had drilled my stock mufflers and the drone was horrendous. These have a mellow sound, not too loud but sound good. I found these used, probably wouldn't have spent that much for new ones though. The good thing is, I haven't noticed any drone so that saves me $300 for Torque Loopz plus a headache for the install.

dustytrader
06-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Whats the adaptive reset?

no drone - did the adaptive reset - all good.

BIGLRY
12-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Whats the adaptive reset?

You do this on an ice cold engine......

1. place bike on the side stand or center stand.

2. Start the engine, remember when you hit the starter button "DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE"

3. Let the engine warm to temperature at idle and the cooling fans cycle ON and then OFF at lest once!

4. "DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE" Turn the ignition off!

5. You have now successfully done the adaptive reset.

James Wright
12-23-2017, 09:11 PM
I also own a 97 valkyrie with a magna charger and cobra 6-6 not to loud until the boost starts to raise and fuel mileage starts down,but it is worth it.