PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Pages : [1] 2

FlatSixBagger
05-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Please state if you have Torque Loops or an issue with the dreaded drone. Would like to make this post a one stop for those of us looking for an aftermarket pipe slip-on exhaust. After taking poll please include feed back on your slip-ons pipes.

opas ride
05-23-2014, 09:17 AM
I have some "drone" with the Cobras but not bad enough to make me want to try something else...Just adjust the throttle a little at times when on highway and all is well for me....

FlatSixBagger
05-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Currently stock but looking...

Hornblower
05-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Torq Master slip-ons for me. Originally experienced an annoying loud hum at highway speeds but I added the end baffles and that took care of that :clap2:. Overall, I'm happy with the pipes but I could be interested in something even better if it presents itself. One of the things I like the most about these TM Daytona pipes is the extended length and slash cut ends.

CaptRob
05-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Black Cobras with Torq loopz…no drone all baffles in, sounds great but 4000 RPM + AWESOME ,

choptop
05-24-2014, 04:43 AM
Stock, can't believe I am saying this, getting older I guess, but I don't mind the sound, or should I say, lack of it. It will never sound like my old Harley and that's ok. Love the sound of it winding out, love the sound of the radio at 65 mph, just love the bike,maybe I will switch exhaust some day, maybe I won't. It's all good.:yes:

Deer Slayer
05-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Foggy Bottom Motor Werks, Honda mod mufflers with crossover vented disk. Little Red Riding Hood would say, "Just Right".:cheers:

GiddyupF6B
05-24-2014, 08:24 AM
I had Black Chrome Torqmaster "Daytona's". No drone with 2 baffles per pipe, bad drone with one baffle per pipe. I now have black satin Torqmaster inverted "King Snakes". No drone with 2 baffles per pipe, no drone after removing one per side??? :shrug: They are basically the same pipe just different styles and color, I don't get it but it's a fact......

Gperson
05-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Hello all,
Using the Rush slip ons with 4025B extended tips and 2.0" baffle. No Drone!!
Using a Shoei Neotec helmet the sound seemed to be amplified when helmet was closed. When chin bar was open, the exhaust was not amplified and sounded great!! :shrug:

After talking with Rush who were clueless about this happening.....I decided to remove the baffles and added a second layer of Techmat motorcycle exhaust packing. The sound for me is much better now. I am very happy with the quality of the exhaust system as well as the look and sound. :icon_biggrin:

Ride safe and enjoy the ride, 'riding'
G

Texas TC
05-24-2014, 03:11 PM
My Torq Master King Snakes has never had the dreaded droan. Might be the extra length. Don't know why but they have just had a mellow sound since day one. They are just a bit louder than stock.

GONRDN
05-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Been there, Done that!! Stock and staying!

Rustysocket
05-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Been there, Done that!! Stock and staying!

Mine too!

Scotrod
05-27-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm content with the OEM sound,,, The cadence of a 6 cylinder,,, any 6 cylinder,, really doesn't excite me, so no real need to go beyond a smooth purr,,, :icon_wink:

Darkknight
05-27-2014, 09:09 AM
I installed TorqMasters

fast eddie
05-28-2014, 08:31 AM
STOCK say what you want but you aint getten a great sound out of the F6. It's like putting AM radio on the best speakers out there just isn't happening :icon_doh:

coffee_weasle
05-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Mine too!

me three

Hornblower
05-29-2014, 08:07 AM
STOCK say what you want but you aint getten a great sound out of the F6. It's like putting AM radio on the best speakers out there just isn't happening :icon_doh:

I know what you're saying, Fast Eddie, and I agree, our 6's will never sound like a big v-twin or a Boss Hoss :yikes:. OTOH, it is possible to get an exhaust note that some might really like. How about a "tuned Porsche" sound? That can be like exhaust "music" to many of us, don't you think? Anyway, for those of us that just can't leave things alone, the search to make our ride "special" continues :icon_mrgreen:.

fast eddie
05-29-2014, 09:23 AM
yeah hornblower I like the porche sounds did it with valk .:041:

Scotrod
06-06-2014, 09:11 PM
:. OTOH, it is possible to get an exhaust note that some might really like. How about a "tuned Porsche" sound? That can be like exhaust "music" to many of us, don't you think? .

For many? Perhaps,,,,

For this old Midwestern Country boy who, throughout his entire young adult life, was surrounded with V-8's, headers, mind-altering substances,,,, and whom also had a general lack of respect for ANY authority,,,,, anything with a 6 reminded me of an airplane,,, :shock:

IBREWBEER
06-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Just put cobra sixes on....... I love the sound at idle and twisting the grip. Getting used to the resonance( not a fan of the word drone) . I thinks it's like any other " non v-twin" you will always have that humming sound when cruising down the road. I just can't go back to the stock pipes now I love the look and compliments I get with these pipes ! Nothing else like it out there .

Hornblower
06-14-2014, 04:46 PM
For many? Perhaps,,,,

For this old Midwestern Country boy who, throughout his entire young adult life, was surrounded with V-8's, headers, mind-altering substances,,,, and whom also had a general lack of respect for ANY authority,,,,, anything with a 6 reminded me of an airplane,,, :shock:

I hear ya, Scotrod! I grew up in the Southeast and like you, I still love the sound of a big V8. The home of NASCAR is literally in my backyard :clap2:. Over the years though, I've had quite a few sport bikes and always added after market exhaust so I learned to appreciate the high-reving 4-cylinder sound and yes, even the tuned porsche sound :icon_biggrin:. My daily driver is a tuned GTI with AWE catback exhaust. It sounds pretty good too (for a 4-cylinder).

This thread being about slip-on exhaust systems, maybe I should mention that I just replaced my Torq Master Daytona pipes with black Rush pipes (2.5" baffles). Basically, I wanted to go with more black and less chrome which this accomplished. The tone is deeper with the Rush and the fit is considerably better. It sure is nice to have the shields close-fitting once again :icon_biggrin:.

smokinjoe187
06-21-2014, 10:06 PM
gotta say im loving my monster ovals
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Ray H
06-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Another vote for Stock, at least for right now.

Retired Army
06-28-2014, 08:21 AM
me threeStop in the Aroma coffee shop in Peru IN and I will treat you to all the free coffee you can handle. My daughter is the proprietor.

sinso55
06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
After the HD years, staying stock here...

SmallPasture
07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm content with the OEM sound,,, The cadence of a 6 cylinder,,, any 6 cylinder,, really doesn't excite me, so no real need to go beyond a smooth purr,,, :icon_wink:

+1

FlatSixBagger
07-08-2014, 10:11 AM
staying stock too

XKnight
07-22-2014, 07:35 PM
The F6 is the only bike I've ever had where I plan on keeping the stock pipes. Every Harley I've owned in the last twenty years needed pipes to sound like a Harley (part of the Harley tax). I'm at the point where quiet, fast and stealth are for me.

Jimmytee
07-22-2014, 09:26 PM
It's all a matter of taste, but my Valkyrie sounds like a beast and gets a lot of attention from the non initiated Harley riders. Cobra 6 into 6 pipes, sounds better than any V-twinky any day. Aren't you guys bored with the kool aide drinking , me too sound of those V-twins? I hear another one go down the road and just yawn. Same ol s^%*, different day.:no:

As far as my F6B, I'm tempted to leave the sound alone. Kinda like the quiet for a change, but I'll probably spice it up soon.:icon_biggrin:

DaWadd
07-23-2014, 08:29 AM
After having a few bikes with loud pipes I'm happy with the quiet sound of my F6.:icon_wink:

FlatSixBagger
07-26-2014, 10:26 AM
heard cobra no baffles was not impressed, and in no way did it sound like the vidoes I have heard on youtube, those obviously are enhanced sound clips, in fact I could barely hear the exhaust

RcBtx1999
08-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Why mess with perfection, they look and sound good.

Pap
08-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Stock and staying.
Went through a few bikes and changed the exhaust to make them louder. ( Bad azz stage)
"Loud pipes saves lives". There's truth in that, no doubt.
I bought this bike so the wife and I could talk going down the highway without needing communicators. (Old guy stage)

Brian D
08-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Probably staying stock. Last 2 bikes were really load. But the wife says the bike sounds like "the jetsons" lol!!!

MSGT-R
08-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Black ceramic Daytonas with Torq Loops; Jimmy is amazing :icon_cool:

http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/07/04/bikepics-2680599-full.jpg

No drone. The extra inserts are still in a bag.

er.medic
08-10-2014, 06:29 PM
I am stock as well. Not bothered about changing the sound, but the look of those black pipes is awesome. MSGT-R, that is one nice lookin ride .notworthy.

Injun Joe
08-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Black ceramic Daytonas with Torq Loops; Jimmy is amazing :icon_cool:

http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/07/04/bikepics-2680599-full.jpg

No drone. The extra inserts are still in a bag.

So the drone is debatable as well, huh? Seems nothing is written in stone on these bikes. ;)

MSGT-R
08-12-2014, 06:42 PM
The last pair had a drone until putting in the extra inserts.
The Torq Loops made a definate difference at speed.
Now they sound like an El Camino. ;)

Scotrod
08-12-2014, 06:47 PM
the look of those black pipes is awesome. MSGT-R, that is one nice lookin ride .notworthy.

AGREE 1,000 % :yes:

wroc1
08-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Bassani

bigbird
08-14-2014, 10:15 PM
The F6B I just bought had the Cobra 6-2-6 installed by the dealer. It sounded fantastic at idle and blipping the throttle. Between 50 and 80 kph the drone was so ridiculous that I couldn't wait to get the test ride over. After he put the stock pipes back on, it sounded like a Goldwing and I was happy.

Racer X
08-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Love my Cobras... :yes:

opas ride
08-16-2014, 09:39 AM
The "infamous drone" gets to me once in while on a longer ride, but I have gotten used to the Cobra's looks and sound. I will probably keep them on for now and rather like them the more I ride...Someone on the board said he pulled one baffle out of the longest pipe and that he was very satisfied with the results...Anyone else tried this...Just curious???

RcBtx1999
08-17-2014, 07:25 PM
One of the reasons I made the shift to F6B from HD was I was tired, seriously tired of the noise. I like the look and sound of the the stock pipes. As far as I am concerned the bike runs perfectly with stock pipes, suspension, intake, lighting and tires. I did change the seat, the rider pegs, added ergo's, and a windshield and belly pan, cup caddy. Just a few things to make it mine. Neil Hambly is making me some new badges and I took off the Honda letters front and back, chunked the passenger backrest and the passenger pegs. It's damn near perfect for me. I will add some aftermarket fog lamps and I'll get them in yellow. I got seriously run over in 2009, and i've run yellow L.E.D.'s on my HD's since. People see you very well even in daytime and they don't get pissed at night, but they still see you. I actually love the horn on this bike, it's very loud and sounds like a car horn on a 57 Buick Roadmaster, folks notice it. I had a Police Air Horn on my other bikes that sounded like a Firetruck coming through the intersection. I'm still a good and safe rider, but not near the rider at 63 that I was at 43, also not near as crazy, so that is a plus on a machine that performs as the F6B does.

FF-Ed
08-19-2014, 04:17 AM
My big V-twin thump is something I miss... Would like to remove my stock pipes for something louder, and also blacked out... Always had carbs in the past that needed re-jetted after a pipe change... What will need done or readjusted if I'd change out to black tips like MSGT's bike. ( that's the look I like )?????? Any tips / suggestions

Scotrod
08-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Always had carbs in the past that needed re-jetted after a pipe change... What will need done or readjusted if I'd change out to black tips like MSGT's bike.

Absolutely nothing. You can throw the muffs away /ride w/o 'em, no harm done, except maybe to yer ears!!! :icon_biggrin:

As I'm sure you know, the 6 will never sound like a twin,,, :nono: Not even close,,,

Deer Slayer
08-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Foggy Bottom Motor Werks, Honda mod mufflers with crossover vented disk. Little Red Riding Hood would say, "Just Right".:cheers:

Update: I am getting over 50 mph below 55 mph, like running the back roads!'all/right':041:happygirl:cheers:

FF-Ed
08-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Absolutely nothing. You can throw the muffs away /ride w/o 'em, no harm done, except maybe to yer ears!!! :icon_biggrin:

As I'm sure you know, the 6 will never sound like a twin,,, :nono: Not even close,,,

Then how about some of those whistle tips they put on cars in the inner city :yikes::yikes:

whoop whoop....

Seriously tho, I was thinking something like a monza exhaust sound of a honda accord.

RJMason
08-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Installed this week and so far no issues. Nice sound, not sure if there's a performance increase. No drone, stereo still sounds good as ever. I never touched a motorcycle prior to this March and the installation was manageable.

Randy

doktirbob
08-25-2014, 02:05 PM
I hear ya, Scotrod! I grew up in the Southeast and like you, I still love the sound of a big V8. The home of NASCAR is literally in my backyard :clap2:. Over the years though, I've had quite a few sport bikes and always added after market exhaust so I learned to appreciate the high-reving 4-cylinder sound and yes, even the tuned porsche sound :icon_biggrin:. My daily driver is a tuned GTI with AWE catback exhaust. It sounds pretty good too (for a 4-cylinder).

This thread being about slip-on exhaust systems, maybe I should mention that I just replaced my Torq Master Daytona pipes with black Rush pipes (2.5" baffles). Basically, I wanted to go with more black and less chrome which this accomplished. The tone is deeper with the Rush and the fit is considerably better. It sure is nice to have the shields close-fitting once again :icon_biggrin:.

Hi Hornblower,
I've been debating between the Torq Master black Kingsnakes and the black Rush pipes you're describing. It looks like the Rush are less expensive, but it looks like they don't replace the chrome piece in front of the muffler...can you get that powdercoated black or buy it somewhere else.

More importantly, you do like the sound better from the Rush pipes? I've recently moved from the M109R with drilled out stock pipes and was pleased with that....I know a 6 won't sound the same as a v twin, but want to hear the motor "growl" more.

thanks,
Michael

Hornblower
08-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi Hornblower,
I've been debating between the Torq Master black Kingsnakes and the black Rush pipes you're describing. It looks like the Rush are less expensive, but it looks like they don't replace the chrome piece in front of the muffler...can you get that powdercoated black or buy it somewhere else.

More importantly, you do like the sound better from the Rush pipes? I've recently moved from the M109R with drilled out stock pipes and was pleased with that....I know a 6 won't sound the same as a v twin, but want to hear the motor "growl" more.

thanks,
Michael

The sound is going to be a matter of personal choice but I do prefer Rush, at least compared the Daytona model that I had. The Rush pipes are considerably heavier and I believe the heavier gauge sheet metal contributes to the deeper and, IMO, more "dense" sound. That said, both Rush and TM are excellent pipes and both offer baffle choices to control volume. And yes, the chrome shield has to be painted to match black pipes. You can remove it for powder coating or simply mask off and spray with hi-temp flat black, which is what I did. It seems to be holding up just fine.

Scotrod
08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Update: I am getting over 50 mph below 55 mph,

:shock:

Uh, pretty sure we all do,,, whenever we run 51, 52, 53, or 54 mph,,, :crackup:

Mike Goodman
08-25-2014, 09:03 PM
My bike was used to make the bassini exhaust system took about three months of fitting and refitting and choosing baffles. Very strong sound that will never change because of the baffles used.

doktirbob
08-26-2014, 10:32 AM
The sound is going to be a matter of personal choice but I do prefer Rush, at least compared the Daytona model that I had. The Rush pipes are considerably heavier and I believe the heavier gauge sheet metal contributes to the deeper and, IMO, more "dense" sound. That said, both Rush and TM are excellent pipes and both offer baffle choices to control volume. And yes, the chrome shield has to be painted to match black pipes. You can remove it for powder coating or simply mask off and spray with hi-temp flat black, which is what I did. It seems to be holding up just fine.

Thanks so much for your followup! Another few questions if I may. I just got off the phone with Mike at Rush. He's recommending the 4025B (extended tip) to extend past the F6B bags. I prefer the "standard" slashcut black 4014B. Which one did you go with? Alternatively, can I use my stock tip and paint/powdercoat it instead? Finally, did you sand or prime the chrome shield or paint it directly with the high temp black?

Now, back to the garage to fight the plugs for my Kisan Pathblazer...cant get the right side one to plug in....ugh!

Cheers!

Hornblower
08-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks so much for your followup! Another few questions if I may. I just got off the phone with Mike at Rush. He's recommending the 4025B (extended tip) to extend past the F6B bags. I prefer the "standard" slashcut black 4014B. Which one did you go with? Alternatively, can I use my stock tip and paint/powdercoat it instead? Finally, did you sand or prime the chrome shield or paint it directly with the high temp black?

I did go with the 4025B extended tips. My preference would have been extended slash cuts but that style wasn't offered. Still, IMHO, having the tips extend beyond the bags looks best and supposedly gets the sound a little further behind you. The baffles on my bike are 2.5" and there is a fair amount of "hum" at highway speed. If you don't want that, consider the 2.25" baffles or even smaller if you want it even quieter.

I see no reason you couldn't paint or powdercoat the stock tips. On the chrome shields, I did scuff the chrome lightly, masked off the area, and rattle-canned hi-temp flat black. So far, so good on that.

53driver
08-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Had the 6-into-6 on the '98 Valk. My new F6B (as of yesterday) has stock pipes and I miss the rumble.
This bike will never sound like my 95 Heritage with Thunderheader (thank the Maker!) but I am looking for more low rumble.

Coyote1998
08-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Had the drone with stock drilled out, went to Cobras with Tourque Loops, and one set of baffles out, sounds just right to me!
Ride On!

tiny0452
08-29-2014, 11:15 PM
My bike was used to make the bassini exhaust system took about three months of fitting and refitting and choosing baffles. Very strong sound that will never change because of the baffles used.

I have just ordered the bassani for mine. Did u remove some or all of the baffle filling?

tiny0452
08-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Bassani

How do you like the bassani pipes?

Injun Joe
08-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Had the 6-into-6 on the '98 Valk. My new F6B (as of yesterday) has stock pipes and I miss the rumble.
This bike will never sound like my 95 Heritage with Thunderheader (thank the Maker!) but I am looking for more low rumble.

This is a discussion I'd be interested in: I heard the Valk 6/6 and thought they sounded awesome. Never heard about any "drone" from them, but then didn't ask either. Now the F6B 6/6 sounds a little anemic in comparison -- at least from what I can tell on line and there is this issue of drone. Why the difference? Aren't they both fed by basically the same motor? Wouldn't the dimensions be basically the same?

Injun Joe
08-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Had the drone with stock drilled out, went to Cobras with Tourque Loops, and one set of baffles out, sounds just right to me!
Ride On!

This might be the route I go eventually, but it's a spendy solution and not near the top of my addon priorities yet. Thanks for the info. If you post a youtube or sound clip, that would be awesome.

53driver
09-01-2014, 02:14 PM
This is a discussion I'd be interested in: I heard the Valk 6/6 and thought they sounded awesome. Never heard about any "drone" from them, but then didn't ask either. Now the F6B 6/6 sounds a little anemic in comparison -- at least from what I can tell on line and there is this issue of drone. Why the difference? Aren't they both fed by basically the same motor? Wouldn't the dimensions be basically the same?

BCD,
I miss the Valk already - she was sold back to her original owner in Vancouver BC. They are heading cross continent right now...'riding'
The sound was a lot like a tuned 1971 Mach 1 Mustang. Not a "low" rumble" but VERY muscle car-ish. I never had a drone issue, but I always wear a super-form-fit-full-face helmet.
You could tell that the "muscle" was "present" until you cracked the throttle, then the "dragon roared."
Scared more than a fair share of HD owners.

As far as the F6B 6 into 6, I cannot compare as I have yet to experience one with those installed.

Anyone experienced both?
Cheers,
Steve

opas ride
09-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Remember the old Valk had 6 carbs, no cats or crossovers, and each pipe went straight into the headers which gave the Cobra's a unique sound from the 1500 motor...My F6B with Cobra's is no where near the nice sound of my old Valk. plus I never heard of "drone" until I put the current Cobra pipes on my bike..Kind of getting used to the sound now and will leave them on until next spring and then decide to leave them alone or go back to stock....Not going to spend anymore money on pipes!!!

53driver
09-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Remember the old Valk had 6 carbs, no cats or crossovers, and each pipe went straight into the headers which gave the Cobra's a unique sound from the 1500 motor...My F6B with Cobra's is no where near the nice sound of my old Valk. plus I never heard of "drone" until I put the current Cobra pipes on my bike..Kind of getting used to the sound now and will leave them on until next spring and then decide to leave them alone or go back to stock....Not going to spend anymore money on pipes!!!

Thanks Opas. Yes, the Valks did have 6 entirely separate systems.
Cheers,
Steve

fun
09-01-2014, 08:49 PM
These pipes look great with their unique rectangular shape, and a nice low, non-offensive sound. They were already on FoxyB when I purchased her, used, with less than 800 miles on her. The previous owners, or maybe the dealer (Honda of Russellville), added a number of nice things to the bike including a Corbin seat, carpets, center stand, smoke light covers, accessory charger in the glovebox, battery tender hookup, and gloss black paint rather than matte. I am short, so I've got a custom Corbin on order that should give me more foot on the ground.

My husband loved my F6B so much he ended up buying a new red model. He will be the lucky recipient of the original Corbin seat from FoxyB. He also has a 2006 GL1800 so he's already comfy with the new bike.

FYI -- we both traded Harley's on our F6Bs. I still have my V-Rod though. She's still a sweet (and quiet) ride.

Phatmobile
09-07-2014, 10:10 PM
I also just put the Cobra six slip ons on my rand new F6B... less than 400 miles on it. I love throaty tome these pipes give the bike. The sound goes form almost no existent with the stock pipes to having a growl of a sports car. Yes, there is a little more noticeable noise at cruising speed but not bad at all with the baffles still in place. I can still hear the radio just fine especially with my Baggershield adjustable windshield in the all the way up position.
I met another F6B rider who had the same pipes and removed the baffles....he put them back in a day later.

tiny0452
09-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Bassani pipes with extended end caps..

Scotrod
09-08-2014, 09:45 PM
My husband loved my F6B so much he ended up buying a new red model. .

Spanky got a 6, then his Wife Clutch got one.

I got my 6 from HOR, and my wife picked hers up from HOR later that same week,,,

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Scotrod
09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Would like to try the 2015 'all black' OEM pipes,,,,

Pretty content with both the look and sound of our OEM's but the 2015's are supposed to have a bit more 'rumble',,,

Lots of the bikes at the Franklin Rally had slip-ons (Looked mostly like Rush, T-masters, or Bassani's,,, not many Cobra's) I thought they all sounded pretty good,,, at least in the parking lot!!! :yes:

Ryo
09-25-2014, 07:04 AM
Chosen the F6b 'cause is smooth and silent...I prefer spend money for suspensions...

John Urankar
10-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I wanted to see if anyone was running Black pipes on a Red bike. I was going to get chrome but considering black. I want Torque Thrusts since they are adjustable sound wise. Chrome is 300.00 less. Anyone have pictures?

bobbyf6b
10-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Not mine but I took the pic.

John Urankar
10-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Not mine but I took the pic.

Looks great to me. Thanks.

Kirkster1520
10-13-2014, 10:39 AM
I wanted to see if anyone was running Black pipes on a Red bike. I was going to get chrome but considering black. I want Torque Thrusts since they are adjustable sound wise. Chrome is 300.00 less. Anyone have pictures?

I bought the Cobra black 6-2-6 pipes. I thought they would look better on the red F6B. I think the chrome ones look better on the black F6B's. I will post a pick of mine if you want or does the other pic suffice? I don't have access to pics right now but can do it later.

I just love the look of the 3 pipes on each side with the Cobra pipes. I always wanted them for my Valk that I used to have and never got them.

Phatmobile
10-16-2014, 11:15 AM
I also just put the Cobra six slip ons on my rand new F6B... less than 400 miles on it. I love throaty tome these pipes give the bike. The sound goes form almost no existent with the stock pipes to having a growl of a sports car. Yes, there is a little more noticeable noise at cruising speed but not bad at all with the baffles still in place. I can still hear the radio just fine especially with my Baggershield adjustable windshield in the all the way up position.
I met another F6B rider who had the same pipes and removed the baffles....he put them back in a day later.

After putting a few hundred more miles on F6B with the Cobra 6 into 6 pipes I really started to become very annoyed with the pipes if riding any length of time. I was getting ready to make the nearly 500 mile trip to the Tail of the Dragon and decided that I could not stand to hear those pipes all the way there and back. I put the stock pipes back on. The Cobra pipes also had stared rusting within a week of their install. I sent the pipes back and was given a refund!!

erazor55
10-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Maybe it's Sailor Jerry, but couldn't figure out how to vote. Love my Cobra slip-ons.

mechnic13
10-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Installed Rush black with their new 4026B long tips , have 2.5 baffles in them . Purchased thru Value Accessories . Love the sound , very loud to me , wife says not loud to her . We both wear Arai fullface helmets and we are running 11" Bagger shield . Only time I notice a drone is accellerating between 2000-3000 rpm .

Ridlikhel
10-25-2014, 06:14 PM
I like the stock sound just fine.

dyerider
11-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Black cobra's,some drone, but tolerable,all baffles in tact.

808redrider
11-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Same setup as mechnic 13, Black Rush Pipes with the 4026 extended tips with the 2.5 inch baffle. Looks good!!!
Wish I ordered it with the quieter baffles, sounds very good at idle and when accellerating but noticeable at highway cruising speeds.
Waiting to get my heat shield back, having them ceramic coated.

Deer Slayer
11-24-2014, 08:13 PM

24,000 mile report, still just right.:cheers:

RcBtx1999
11-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Stock, can't believe I am saying this, getting older I guess, but I don't mind the sound, or should I say, lack of it. It will never sound like my old Harley and that's ok. Love the sound of it winding out, love the sound of the radio at 65 mph, just love the bike,maybe I will switch exhaust some day, maybe I won't. It's all good.:yes:

Me too~Been there, done that~if it's too loud, you are too old, OK I'm too old. I like the stock pipes. I also like that really nothing NEEDED to be changed when I got the F6 except the windshield, I accept the fact that i changed some thing because I could and wanted to. Nothing had to be changed, the bike runs perfect as is. 8K miles over the summer was just pure fun. Next Spring, Rolling Thunder~ visit the relatives in Scranton, PA~another trip to Northern Manitoba, The Pas. All separate trips from Boerne, TX. :stirthepot:

bigbird
12-01-2014, 07:29 PM
another trip to Northern Manitoba, The Pas

When you come through Winnipeg, let me know.
There's 3 of us up here, all with fast '13's in black, who will join you for a nice ride down River Road, with a stop in Lockport for a beer or ice cream; your choice.

LickitySplit
12-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Recently purchased a used 2013 F6B after 20+ years riding HD's with after market pipes. The F6B came with Rush slip-ons with 2.5" baffles. My first ride, getting use to the machine, left me with ringing ears even with a full face helmet. Fortunately, the previous owner still had the OEM pipes, which I plan putting back on. Will be selling the Rush units shortly.

Hornblower
12-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Recently purchased a used 2013 F6B after 20+ years riding HD's with after market pipes. The F6B came with Rush slip-ons with 2.5" baffles. My first ride, getting use to the machine, left me with ringing ears even with a full face helmet. Fortunately, the previous owner still had the OEM pipes, which I plan putting back on. Will be selling the Rush units shortly.

You might want to try the smaller baffles first. That way, you could still enjoy a bit of "rumble". OTOH, if what you're after is an exhaust system that you can barely hear at all, OEM pipes might be the way to go :2cents:.

Dfinkelsteinmd
12-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Please state if you have Torque Loops or an issue with the dreaded drone. Would like to make this post a one stop for those of us looking for an aftermarket pipe slip-on exhaust. After taking poll please include feed back on your slip-ons pipes.

No drone except in tunnels, but a great Porsche-like roar when I accelerate, especially first 3 gears to 5000 rpm. I don't think I will change th Akropavich pipes on my RNineT, did you?

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Love you Bro

Dirtstiff

Ixol Phaane
12-18-2014, 01:45 PM
So, I have the stock pipes on.

I considered the Cobras and the V&H about the time I bought my F6B. It seemed reasonable after coming from a VTX with Cobra pipes. But the longer I delayed the buy and rode with the stock pipes, the more I enjoyed the quieter ride.

Having said that... I have noticed a slight drone when I use the top section of my BaggerShield 11/19. My semi-pro audio background gives me some understanding of acoustics, and I've pretty much decided for myself that the infamous drone of some custom pipes on some bikes for some riders is likely a combination of windshield height, rider position within the reflected audio field, and the pipes installed on the bike.

I think that's likely why some riders have the drone while others with similar setup don't seem to be troubled by it.

The drone I hear disappears when I don't use the upper section of my shield. And it's only moderately audible when I do, though not enough to be annoying.

Limoles
01-01-2015, 01:12 PM
I love stock pipes , but wandering , how glass pack conversion could change the sound , which I enjoyed in my Valkyrie ?

Deer Slayer
01-01-2015, 03:14 PM
I love stock pipes , but wandering , how glass pack conversion could change the sound , which I enjoyed in my Valkyrie ?

The stock mufflers are Glass packed. All you have to do is remove them and drill out the blocking plate with a opening of your choice. Makes nice mellow tone. All should be covered on older post. Good luck in your choice. :cheers:

Limoles
01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
I bought used OEM Goldwing pipes for pennies . What steps in process of fabrication would you recommend to increase the sound , without sacrificing back-pressure on the way ? Did you convert yours ?

Deer Slayer
01-01-2015, 08:06 PM
I bought used OEM Goldwing pipes for pennies . What steps in process of fabrication would you recommend to increase the sound , without sacrificing back-pressure on the way ? Did you convert yours ?

I did and have done the above on all 3 Gl1800s I have owned. There are pix on the board some place. I have added an extra tip on each muffler above the original. This is to say there's two tips on each muffler. You have to remove the single hole plate on the F6B extensions. After you grind the welds from the extensions you may use JB weld to fill holes then a dab of aluminum paint. The extensions don't get hot so no problem. I can not find the pix on the board. ( help Steve 080! ) see ya.:cheers:

Limoles
01-02-2015, 12:28 AM
Well - it's something to consider . Thank you anyway .

Deer Slayer
01-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Well - it's something to consider . Thank you anyway .

Good Luck.:cheers:

Deer Slayer
01-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Here is your 1000 words. See ya.:cheers:10422 How it looks at 24,000.:039:

luisjromero
01-03-2015, 06:06 PM

Absolutely agree. I love my F6B for many may reasons, but the sound of my Harley is...gorgeous!
Regards:cheers:

Steve 0080
01-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Deer Slayer....is that the Pic.... or do I need to start looking....

Deer Slayer
01-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Deer Slayer....is that the Pic.... or do I need to start looking....

Thanks, Steve but I just shot another one. See ya in Daytona. :cheers:

Limoles
01-05-2015, 02:55 AM
Here is your 1000 words. See ya.:cheers:10422 How it looks at 24,000.:039:

Thanks

F6Bobber
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Purchased my B in 7/13 with dealer installed backrest and V&H monsters, a great deal on their demo bike. By 6/14 the chrome had begun peeling off both tips in random locations. The parts manager bitched to Kury and V&H with their response being "It was beyond the 90 day warranty". Here's what they look like now. Since they're going to have to be stripped anyway, I'm thinking about gloss black powder coat. Comments/suggestions welcome.10547

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Purchased my B in 7/13 with dealer installed backrest and V&H monsters, a great deal on their demo bike. By 6/14 the chrome had begun peeling off both tips in random locations. The parts manager bitched to Kury and V&H with their response being "It was beyond the 90 day warranty". Here's what they look like now. Since they're going to have to be stripped anyway, I'm thinking about gloss black powder coat. Comments/suggestions welcome.10547

I powder coated my stock pipes as have a few others and am very happy with the results. Would be a great looking option to solving your delima. Suprised V&H don't offer a blacked out oval option.
J

shooter
02-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Got my V&H on a couple weeks ago. Sound is great. Haven't ridden yet. Too much rain and cold right now.

xwinger
03-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Cobras

baiao
03-10-2015, 08:38 AM
STOCK for Me

F6Bobber
03-18-2015, 11:29 AM

These guys use absolutely no copper in their process. All the shading shows the extent the nickel plating had begun to de-bond. They'll have to be grit blasted prior to powder coat...

srt8-in-largo
03-18-2015, 08:08 PM
I feel gip'd; I just voted and the percentage didn't change! :icon_biggrin:

I'm running the OEM exhaust and really enjoy the mellow low-key sound. I can sneak up on ya if I wanted to, or down shift and make that flat six sing its' exotic song.

BIGLRY
03-21-2015, 10:52 PM

These guys use absolutely no copper in their process. All the shading shows the extent the nickel plating had begun to de-bond. They'll have to be grit blasted prior to powder coat...
Your really going to be pissed when you watch this video of them same pipes disassembled and how they are designed, I know I would if I had bought them and why I would never buy that brand...unreal.
I have had many issues with their Big Shots on VTX1800 :301:

https://youtu.be/AEQBNczWQmo

srt8-in-largo
03-22-2015, 12:13 AM
LARRY, THANK YOU! .notworthy.

I've been looking for that video forever. I saw it last year... but was never able to find it again; I started thinking I just imagined it :icon_biggrin:

srt8-in-largo
03-22-2015, 12:16 AM
That does piss me off and I don't even have Vance & Hines.

terrydj
03-22-2015, 02:29 AM
me three

Mine 4 but Vance and Hines is bolt on Horsepower. Forget the rest:icon_cool:

Countryman01
03-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Stock- All my other rides are loud. I'll have to admit the stock is a good blend of sound with not over powering the radio.:shhh:

srt8-in-largo
03-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Mine 4 but Vance and Hines is bolt on Horsepower. Forget the rest:icon_cool:

You've said this multiple times now, but the horsepower is in your imagination.

Take a look at the video Larry posted showing the Vance and Hines construction; do you REALLY think you're making power with that?

shooter
03-25-2015, 08:14 PM
You've said this multiple times now, but the horsepower is in your imagination.

Take a look at the video Larry posted showing the Vance and Hines construction; do you REALLY think you're making power with that?

And how do you know that the pipes don't make HP. Have you tried them on your bike in a dyno? Are you a 'Flow' engineer. Or maybe you looked at the video and decided that it couldn't work. That's what the guy did that made the video. He just decided that it couldn't work. Personally I've followed V&H since I was a kid. They built the fastest Suzuki's on the planet. No correction the fastest normally aspirated motorcycles on the planet. In the 40 plus years I have followed them I never recall allegations of wrongdoing or cheating. Nothing unsportsmanlike. Then someone said Harleys were slow. So V&H made Harleys the fastest thing out there. They are well into their third generation of champions with Andrew Hines. These guys know what it takes to make HP. And although I know my Monster Ovals didn't give me 20 HP , I believe I gained HP and Torque because some of the classiest guys in the industry tells me they will. Met Andrews Grandpa way back when. He found the time to sign an autograph for me. When you make a statement George make sure you can prove it. I respect you as a knowledgeable person. To make a statement based on feelings isn't fair.

srt8-in-largo
03-25-2015, 10:01 PM
I know if I weld my exhaust pipes closed that it won't make power; I don't need to try that to know it.

I'll print this page and eat my words if this V&H makes power.

shooter
03-26-2015, 06:51 AM
George they aren't welded closed. The design is such that there is no drone like almost all the other pipes. It is a complicated design in order to eliminate the drone and make power. Although they are not loud the exhaust note is 'healthy'. Throttle response seems brisker and redline seems to come a little quicker. Do you think V&H built these pipes without dyno pulls or R&D. These guys aren't fly by night. I put them on , no drone , brisk throttle response , easy install , looks great. Didn't have to spend a load of time and money on torque loops. Yeah I paid a little more in the beginning but saved in the end.

srt8-in-largo
03-26-2015, 07:40 PM
George they aren't welded closed. The design is such that there is no drone like almost all the other pipes. It is a complicated design in order to eliminate the drone and make power. Although they are not loud the exhaust note is 'healthy'. Throttle response seems brisker and redline seems to come a little quicker. Do you think V&H built these pipes without dyno pulls or R&D. These guys aren't fly by night. I put them on , no drone , brisk throttle response , easy install , looks great. Didn't have to spend a load of time and money on torque loops. Yeah I paid a little more in the beginning but saved in the end.

I'll grant you that flow dynamics is complicated and I'm not an expert. There may be something here that I don't see but my take is these were made for sound instead of raw power. Unless someone can give me something more than a butt dyno reading I don't think I'll be able to shake my doubts. I trust your judgment, but I just can't see how such severe disruptions in the exhaust flow can do anything except rob power from the engine.

It's like the "debate" about turbos making "free" power because they are running off the exhaust. The reality is turbos make the engine work harder to expel the exhaust and therefore a parasitic power loss does in fact exist. This is what I'm seeing here; an exhaust that makes the engine work harder to expel gases. :shrug:

shooter
03-26-2015, 09:10 PM
George I can tell you this. There is a ton of exhaust coming out of the tail at idle. And when you crack the throttle you can stand back 5 feet and feel it good. I don't think there is a whole lot of restriction here. In fact what they have done is lengthen the exhaust path within the confine of the stock length exhaust. Nothing in that video showed restriction. It merely showed diversion. Never was the gases impeded , merely redirected. When the weather improves I will check mileage. If the stock exhaust was a restriction , which I believe , then mileage should improve at least slightly. I keep records on my mileage as a diagnostic aid. I'll let you know buddy. In the meantime keep an open mind.

srt8-in-largo
03-26-2015, 10:30 PM
:yes:

Sounds good Pal; I hope you prove me wrong!

srt8-in-largo
03-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Btw, this is the OEM rear resonator used on SRT8 cars like my 300... straight though piping from motor to the tips. Swapping exhaust on this car yields zero power gains, shown by many different people on many dynos over many years. OEM is not necessarily bad, it depends on the application. I can't say I've seen the inside of an F6 muffler... yet :icon_biggrin:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iFBFK4BDfCE/S4dG36sV7SI/AAAAAAAACGI/CsFjrLngjrs/s800/srt8%2520reso%2520-%25202.5in%2520inlet%2520-%25202.75in%2520perforated%2520core%2520-%25202.5in%2520outlet.jpg

srt8-in-largo
03-26-2015, 10:46 PM
In contrast, this is the OEM rear resonator on base model 300's. Exhaust gases enter from the right in that lower tube and flow into the blackened chamber on the left near the exhaust tip. Gases in that blackened chamber get pressurized and forced to flow into the U-shaped flattish tube and then out the rear.

It may not seem like much, but this pressurization and re-direction sucks about 10 hp out of the system.

The open-ended pipe near the top of the picture is solely for drone reduction.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-z56FvJI-hfc/S43PBVZpYJI/AAAAAAAAAgc/r2azrpCKKeQ/s800/IMG_1045.jpg

53driver
03-27-2015, 10:33 AM
...It may not seem like much, but this pressurization and re-direction sucks about 10 hp out of the system.

Okay, I'm late to the party, and certainly not an engineering exhaust scientist.
But if an exhaust can "suck about 10hp out of a system" couldn't a differently engineered (read as aftermarket) exhaust restore that?

shooter
03-27-2015, 11:41 AM
George I did a little research last night. Cycleworld put a set of monster ovals , so same design on a stock HD. 103 motor. Before and after dyno pulls yielded a 5% increase in HP and a 9% increase in Torque. Granted its not a B but it is an internal combustion engine.

srt8-in-largo
03-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Okay, I'm late to the party, and certainly not an engineering exhaust scientist.
But if an exhaust can "suck about 10hp out of a system" couldn't a differently engineered (read as aftermarket) exhaust restore that?

That's exactly how I know about the 10 hp; replacing that exhaust with a free flowing one yields about that much power.

srt8-in-largo
03-27-2015, 06:09 PM
George I did a little research last night. Cycleworld put a set of monster ovals , so same design on a stock HD. 103 motor. Before and after dyno pulls yielded a 5% increase in HP and a 9% increase in Torque. Granted its not a B but it is an internal combustion engine.

Can I first say that I'm not trying to be obstinate or hard-headed. Really, I'm not! :icon_biggrin:

Skeptical yes; but not arguing for the sake of arguing.

Dyno's can be made to give you whatever information you want. When magazines and retailers dyno, or otherwise test, product that they're receiving advertising money for, there's an incentive to show the product in a favorable light. I won't accuse Cycleworld of skewing results but I will point out this conflict of interest which makes their results non-definitive to me. In the professional world of scientific and engineering testing, such conflicts send the results automatically to the round file.

I'd be much happier to see results like this from a Joe Schmoe user like you or me where no money is exchanging hands.

Let me ask this, how many exhaust design articles can we find where they say it's beneficial to send gases into pressurized chambers?

How many designs like this do we see on race vehicles?

This is an exhaust for sound man, not performance.

53driver
03-27-2015, 07:17 PM
That's exactly how I know about the 10 hp; replacing that exhaust with a free flowing one yields about that much power.

Okay...so if the stock exhaust on a bike is similar to the one in your "non-performance vehicle example", then by merely replacing the exhaust, with a V&H or Thunderheader, we can then see possibly a horsepower increase?

I concur that pipes don't actually "make" horsepower...the engine "makes" horsepower, but I'm concluding from George's examples that a freer flowing exhaust allows the engine to achieve more of it's potential if it's not already peaked.

And I'm not trying to be obstinate or argumentative. I'm trying to learn....

srt8-in-largo
03-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Okay...so if the stock exhaust on a bike is similar to the one in your "non-performance vehicle example", then by merely replacing the exhaust, with a V&H or Thunderheader, we can then see possibly a horsepower increase?

I concur that pipes don't actually "make" horsepower...the engine "makes" horsepower, but I'm concluding from George's examples that a freer flowing exhaust allows the engine to achieve more of it's potential if it's not already peaked.

And I'm not trying to be obstinate or argumentative. I'm trying to learn....

It depends on the OEM muffler, 53. If the OEM muffler is particularly restrictive, installing a freer flowing exhaust should show some gains. But if the OEM muffler is already free flowing, putting an aftermarket free flowing exhaust won't do much of anything.

And, for the little bit I know, putting a restrictive exhaust on can never be good in terms of power.

Engine builders speak of something called "pumping losses"; among other things, pumping losses are power losses due to the engine moving air. Assuming for the moment that we're talking about a naturally aspirated motor like we have, airflow into and out of the motor is accomplished solely by the pistons; they "suck" air in on the intake stroke and "push" air out on the exhaust stroke.

Air movement is not a "freebie"; it takes engine power to breath. The potential gains from a K&N air filter or from an aftermarket exhaust are based on creating a freer flowing air path... which reduces pumping losses... which makes more of the existing power available at the rear wheel.

srt8-in-largo
03-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Just for grins here's a GL1800 dyno from a guy called Nedro on the other forum. From what I gather, his bike is stock and the AFR readings were done with a tail pipe sniffer. AFR of 13 at the tail pipe should be about 12.5 or so pre-cat; which is pretty much exactly where we want to be. With the AFR dialed in so nicely, the only other thing a guy like Don Guhl can play with to make more power is timing... and breathing mods or a hotter cam.

From other comments in that thread, it looks like most agree that this is a typical result... 95 to 100 hp at the wheels on a stock platform.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RyzWqnwzmX0/VRYAwy1hrcI/AAAAAAAACj8/0svsF5LLYMo/s800/Dyno%2520-%2520GL1800-%2520Nedro-GL1800riders.jpg

shooter
03-27-2015, 10:25 PM
And George I'm not trying to ram anything down your throat. I really enjoy a stimulating conversation. Listen you have to understand that this exhaust is not a race exhaust. Any good street exhaust has to balance HP and Torque. There has to be a compromise of flow and back pressure. Its a complicated design. No body would go to the trouble of building an exhaust this complicated unless there were benefits. These guys don't phone it in. I apppreciate your views George.

srt8-in-largo
03-27-2015, 10:35 PM
Thanks Shooter, I appreciate and share that sentiment.

Nothing would make me happier than to see someone put ANY exhaust on this bike and show 105 or 110 hp. Then we'll debate dyno calibration, operator technique, and environmental conditions :icon_biggrin:

F6Bobber
04-07-2015, 03:57 AM

All in all I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. Stripped and recoated for < $100, still pissed it had to be done in the first place!

jcmurray
04-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Cobra 6. Had them on for a hundred miles before some woman broadsided me. Loved the sound. Looks like I'll be getting new ones.

Ricohoc
05-31-2015, 07:53 AM

My pipes on my old bike sounded better than Harleys -- according to the HD riders I ride with -- but they were wide open all the way through.

I've heard more than once that it's almost not worth the effort to monkey with the pipes on the F6B and try to get a ROAR out of 'em because it just isn't going to happen. I've looked at the Cobra slip-ons and the V&H. They're louder, but it's still not where I'd like it, so I don't see the point of spending the money for it.

Has any of this changed since this thread was first posted? Thanks.

bobbyf6b
05-31-2015, 10:10 PM
My pipes on my old bike sounded better than Harleys -- according to the HD riders I ride with -- but they were wide open all the way through.

I've heard more than once that it's almost not worth the effort to monkey with the pipes on the F6B and try to get a ROAR out of 'em because it just isn't going to happen. I've looked at the Cobra slip-ons and the V&H. They're louder, but it's still not where I'd like it, so I don't see the point of spending the money for it.

Has any of this changed since this thread was first posted? Thanks.

I think the only way to get a decent loud exhaust sound out of the F6B, without the dreaded DRONE, is to cut out the catalytic converters and run pipes with baffles removed. I had the Cobra 6's and with the cats and no baffles it sounded good at idle but on the highway is was horrible. The drone was so bad I took them off the next day.

Madmax
06-05-2015, 11:09 AM

All in all I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. Stripped and recoated for < $100, still pissed it had to be done in the first place!

Vance & Hines still fit the F6B the best . I just picked up a black F6B and was pondering what I was going to put on the bike . The 2013 still has the chrome so I stuck with it and ordered the V&H set again .
Did you ever run the bike with the baffle plate out ? Sound pretty mean but I have other bikes that make noise ... LOL
The Vance & hines has a nice sound , I actually paid less for the pipes this time $767 of flee-Bay .

srt8-in-largo
06-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Any chance of you getting a dyno pull with the V&H?

shooter
06-05-2015, 01:26 PM
George is obsessed with the V&H. He has convinced himself they can't be any good. George I still have my stock pipes. If you will pay for two dyno runs we can check mine.

srt8-in-largo
06-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Naw, that offer expired :icon_mrgreen:

Madmax
06-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Speaking of Dyno for off highway use only has anyone done any work to the catalytic converters , I see power commander makes a V for the wing , wonder if that would work on the F6B .

srt8-in-largo
06-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Speaking of Dyno for off highway use only has anyone done any work to the catalytic converters , I see power commander makes a V for the wing , wonder if that would work on the F6B .

Lots of people run the Torque Loops which completely removes the cats, which, IMO, should reduce pumping losses and free up a couple of hp.

For the V Commander, yes it'll work... but what exactly are you trying to do? That only adjusts your fueling, so if your goal is worse fuel economy that should be fine :icon_biggrin:

If you had mods that actually needed more fuel, this might be a good solution. But when you're in that deep, a custom tune from Guhl should be the focus... and let him advise *if* and *how much* more fuel is needed. I haven't seen much talk about fuel injector size; I'm assuming they're big enough for a decent bump in capacity.

Madmax
06-08-2015, 06:04 AM
My only concern would be a lean condition with no cats , just about every manufacture has there bikes leaned out for emissions these days .
Im not out racing my wings but do want them burning valves , not really planing any major preformance mods to the motor besides V&H Monster exhaust .

srt8-in-largo
06-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Good thought Max; no worries though about burned valves or dropping valve seats with just an exhaust. Did you happen to see the video in post #107?

Manufacturers do lean the AFR... but only at idle and low load conditions. You'll see 14.7 on just about anything new-ish on the road. Under load, however, there is simply no getting around the need for a richer mixture. From the few dyno sheets I've seen, GL1800's are dialed in PERFECTLY at about 12.5 at WOT (wide open throttle). Exhaust work won't change that; you'll need to alter the intake side for that.

bigbird
06-14-2015, 01:13 PM
Pretty much narrowed it down to Two Bros or nothing. V & H just too darn expensive, over 1100 $ Cdn. Just waiting for real world on bike reviews from the first buyers.

Greg O
06-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Can anyone tell me how the stock 2013 pipes sound in comparison to the stock 2015 pipes. Is it a big difference, I heard the 15's are more throatier.

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Pretty much narrowed it down to Two Bros or nothing. V & H just too darn expensive, over 1100 $ Cdn. Just waiting for real world on bike reviews from the first buyers.

C'mon Terry; Shooter gaurantees V&H will turn your bike into a rocketship :icon_biggrin:

:stirthepot:

EDIT: The above is a joke; Shooter did not really say that.

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Can anyone tell me how the stock 2013 pipes sound in comparison to the stock 2015 pipes. Is it a big difference, I heard the 15's are more throatier.

You and I would both like to know! I bet if we post a request in the "Rally" thread someone would be kind enough to idle their 2015 next to a 2013/2014 and get it on video.

bigbird
06-14-2015, 08:51 PM
C'mon Terry; Shooter gaurantees V&H will turn your bike into a rocketship :icon_biggrin:

George, if you spot me the $400 Cdn difference between the Two Bros and the V&H, then I'll do as Shooter.
I can't justify even spending $750 on mufflers.
Waiting patiently until the jury is in with their verdict.

shooter
06-14-2015, 09:17 PM

George you are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I do not run around trashing products without good reason like some people I know. Bird , I can feel a difference in my bike. I am probably more in tune with engine performance than some others. No it doesn't have 20 more HP. So far on my rides this year fuel mileage is up about 1.5 mpg. I am on vacation right now in Branson. Been down in Arkansas the last few days. Bike is performing great. Absolutely no drone with the V&H. Ask my wife. I installed the pipes as part if a master plan. This fall I will send the ECM to Guhl. While its out I will install the K&N filter and look at the airbox to see if I can get more air into it. As much as George can't stand it I believe V&H makes a great pipe. I haven't seen anything to the contrary and this is a company that has roots going back over 40 years. These guys are winners and they manufacture good products. I try to spend my money wisely , I think I made a good purchase. Oh and Bird they look awesome. For some reason George has an unfounded vendetta against this company. Apparently he fancies himself a flow engineer. So who do you listen to. George who can look at a pipe and tell its no good , or a company with roots going back over 40 years that backs up their claims by building THE fastest HD and Suzuki's on the planet. Personally George looks kinda small next to that. Sorry George.

shooter
06-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Hey Bird I'm not trying to talk you into any other pipe. Its your bike. You need to do what you feel is right for you. I was merely defending my decision. And giving you the info I have at my disposal. Mostly trying to convince George of the possibility that he may be wrong. Which is probably an epic fail. I think his middle name is Flowmaster.:poke:

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 09:39 PM
George you are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I do not run around trashing products without good reason like some people I know. Bird , I can feel a difference in my bike. I am probably more in tune with engine performance than some others. No it doesn't have 20 more HP. So far on my rides this year fuel mileage is up about 1.5 mpg. I am on vacation right now in Branson. Been down in Arkansas the last few days. Bike is performing great. Absolutely no drone with the V&H. Ask my wife. I installed the pipes as part if a master plan. This fall I will send the ECM to Guhl. While its out I will install the K&N filter and look at the airbox to see if I can get more air into it. As much as George can't stand it I believe V&H makes a great pipe. I haven't seen anything to the contrary and this is a company that has roots going back over 40 years. These guys are winners and they manufacture good products. I try to spend my money wisely , I think I made a good purchase. Oh and Bird they look awesome. For some reason George has an unfounded vendetta against this company. Apparently he fancies himself a flow engineer. So who do you listen to. George who can look at a pipe and tell its no good , or a company with roots going back over 40 years that backs up their claims by building THE fastest HD and Suzuki's on the planet. Personally George looks kinda small next to that. Sorry George.

Well Shooter, my opinions and rationale are stated above; if that makes me "small" and with an "unfounded vendetta" so be it.

Maybe the V&H for our bikes is not like that video; it could be totally different for all I know. These are good looking, good sounding pipes; no question. However... I did notice that you're now interested in dyno'ing your bike :icon_mrgreen:

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Flowmaster? Naw... who wants chambered garbage in their flowpath. Magnaflow is where it's at.

(where's that stick and pot icon)

shooter
06-14-2015, 09:49 PM
No George I'm really not. If its up to me or on my dime I'm not interested. Its not rocket science. More air in , more air out , more fuel. Timing advance and better fuel helps also. You're problem is that you aren't willing to admit that a multimillion dollar company that has spent decades researching and developing a product to the highest standards can actually build a product that makes our bikes more efficient and powerful. Although they have the best engineers and R&D people along with possibly the best testing facility available. I've seen stubborn before , but not of this magnitude. Continue to be a non believer. I don't care. Just don't put words in my mouth.

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 10:01 PM
No George I'm really not. If its up to me or on my dime I'm not interested. Its not rocket science. More air in , more air out , more fuel. Timing advance and better fuel helps also. You're problem is that you aren't willing to admit that a multimillion dollar company that has spent decades researching and developing a product to the highest standards can actually build a product that makes our bikes more efficient and powerful. Although they have the best engineers and R&D people along with possibly the best testing facility available. I've seen stubborn before , but not of this magnitude. Continue to be a non believer. I don't care. Just don't put words in my mouth.

Sorry Shooter. I hope a reasonable person would see that as a joke and nothing more; I'll edit that post to make it clear. Happy now?

Let's watch the replies here: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/372574-Sanity-Check-Please

shooter
06-14-2015, 10:12 PM
And thats biased George because Joe Blow off the street is telling the world that they are no good. Chances are , and I mean a very good chance he knows even less than you or I. And I'm not claiming to be an expert , only deferring to a knowledgeable company. It don't matter buddy. They cost a little more but they don't drone. They look great , sound great and perform well. Mission accomplished.

bigbird
06-14-2015, 10:21 PM
I put a lot of faith in reports from knowledgable and trustworthy people. I trust V & H as a company. They've been around a long time and have had their exhaust systems on most winning drag bikes. If money was no object, I'd have a set of their slip-ons installed long ago. But sadly spending $1200 Cdn with taxes is not in my cards. But seeing George and Shooter debate this subject reminds me of some other topics that are dear to my heart. Too bad Smith & Wesson doesn't make mufflers 🔫

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Well that's true, the video is biased... but I tried asking the question without bias.

Is V&H gonna be at the Rally? I really need to have sit-down with these folks and see what they can say. I could very well be wrong my friend... but I'd need lots of charts, graphs, and pictures to understand :icon_mrgreen:

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 10:22 PM
HA! Please don't go there again Terry :crackup:

buda315
06-20-2015, 07:33 PM
For those of you who have chosen Cobra, please clarify something for me. Do you have the 6 into 2 into 6 pipes or do any of you have what I think is the discontinued single outlet (3 into 1)?

On Cobra website they have model 1216, but with no pictures, nor can I find any on Google except for one very small poor quality photo of an older Goldwing. Is this pipe still made and does it fit a F6B?

I like the looks (closest to stock look).

I would be interested and prefer these over the 6 outlets.

Regarding the youtube video with truck stacks... was this a stock system from Cobra or did this owner weld his own extended tips on a Cobra system?

dickiedeals
06-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Rush Racing 2 1/2" baffles, Black with Milled Aluminum end Caps, The only way to go.....................Dickie

co425
06-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Anyone get a set of two siblings yet? Im real interested to hear if they drone, or if they are obnoxiously loud.

VP8
06-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Anyone get a set of two siblings yet? Im real interested to hear if they drone, or if they are obnoxiously loud.

Yes, I just installed the Two Brothers pipes. I made a video comparing the TBR pipes and the 2014 stock pipes.

https://youtu.be/lrg-caRg130

co425
06-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Yes, I just installed the Two Brothers pipes. I made a video comparing the TBR pipes and the 2014 stock pipes.

I will say they sound really good. Any drone?

I think my only complaint would be how far they are spaced out compared to the stock pipes. I'd be concerned about scraping them going around corners. I'm not trying to upset you, but are you sure they are mounted correctly.

Screen shot from your video.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab338/co425/7572871E-666F-4514-B48C-25C7A965C599_zpspzygvuye.png (http://s877.photobucket.com/user/co425/media/7572871E-666F-4514-B48C-25C7A965C599_zpspzygvuye.png.html)

Versus screen shot from TBR video.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab338/co425/1D4FF728-AEBB-4B86-9EB1-9322F193E36D_zpscauxqz3t.png (http://s877.photobucket.com/user/co425/media/1D4FF728-AEBB-4B86-9EB1-9322F193E36D_zpscauxqz3t.png.html)

Thanks for the video.

VP8
07-01-2015, 03:53 PM
I will say they sound really good. Any drone?

I think my only complaint would be how far they are spaced out compared to the stock pipes. I'd be concerned about scraping them going around corners. I'm not trying to upset you, but are you sure they are mounted correctly.

Screen shot from your video.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab338/co425/7572871E-666F-4514-B48C-25C7A965C599_zpspzygvuye.png (http://s877.photobucket.com/user/co425/media/7572871E-666F-4514-B48C-25C7A965C599_zpspzygvuye.png.html)

Versus screen shot from TBR video.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab338/co425/1D4FF728-AEBB-4B86-9EB1-9322F193E36D_zpscauxqz3t.png (http://s877.photobucket.com/user/co425/media/1D4FF728-AEBB-4B86-9EB1-9322F193E36D_zpscauxqz3t.png.html)

Thanks for the video.

CO, I'm not that sensitive... :icon_wink: I noticed the difference in spacing too when I installed these pipes. I tried and tried to get them to turn as far toward the inside of the bike as possible like it is displayed in the TBR video... but unfortunately, the connectors that were supplied to me only allowed the pipes to turn in as far as they currently are displayed on my video. The connectors are labeled Right and left... and I verified I installed the correct connector on its respective side.

As far as drone... there is a low hum sound, but it doesn't bother me...I'm not sure if that's a droning sound... to me, it sounds more like a race car. However, there was one owner who posted a comment on my YouTube video. He stated he recently installed the TBR and hears a droning sound when the bike is above 2K rpm, and he hears a droning sound at freeway speeds that almost drives him crazy.

VP8
07-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Co425, I want to thank you for bringing to my attention my error in mounting and the possible scraping of the pipes during a turn. After I read your message, I went to my bike and looked under the pipes... and sure enough... some scraping...uggggg!!! Anyway, I reviewed the online instructions (in color) verses the black and white copy that was provided in the box. And noticed the pipes were supposed to be mounted BEHIND the mounting bracket under the saddlebags, unlike the stock pipes which were mounted in front of the mounting bracket. :icon_doh::banghead: Well, after several more hours of trying to find the sweet spot of those freaken connectors to line the pipes up properly, I FINALLY got it right. :clap2:

I wish the instructions were more detailed, and the connectors labeled up or down or some form of reference to help us figure out how the connectors should line up as a point of reference so we don't have to bang our heads for so many hours figuring it out.

co425
07-03-2015, 03:32 AM
Co425, I want to thank you for bringing to my attention my error in mounting and the possible scraping of the pipes during a turn. After I read your message, I went to my bike and looked under the pipes... and sure enough... some scraping...uggggg!!! Anyway, I reviewed the online instructions (in color) verses the black and white copy that was provided in the box. And noticed the pipes were supposed to be mounted BEHIND the mounting bracket under the saddlebags, unlike the stock pipes which were mounted in front of the mounting bracket. :icon_doh::banghead: Well, after several more hours of trying to find the sweet spot of those freaken connectors to line the pipes up properly, I FINALLY got it right. :clap2:

I wish the instructions were more detailed, and the connectors labeled up or down or some form of reference to help us figure out how the connectors should line up as a point of reference so we don't have to bang our heads for so many hours figuring it out.

I am glad you figured it out. That was my single reason for not ordering them. A low hum doesn't bother me a bit. I wear ear plugs all the time anyway. Thanks again for the reply.

mrhatch
07-07-2015, 01:18 PM

+1

BFowler
07-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Now that you fellows have worked out the mounting kinks, I can proceed to thank you for this video! This is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the effort you put into making it. You've made the decision making process much easier.

xcrider
08-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Have read that the '15s have a little more sound and/or tone than previous years. Can you hear the difference or is it so slight you need a sound meter to detect a difference? Just curious:popcorn:

Heavvyduty
08-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Have read that the '15s have a little more sound and/or tone than previous years. Can you hear the difference or is it so slight you need a sound meter to detect a difference? Just curious:popcorn:

15's Sound alot better.

Baytown
10-03-2015, 09:47 PM
With the video and discussion relevant to V&H Monster efficiency, HP and torque output over stock, I've just sent a well worded respectful request to V&H USA for any details such as dyno results of Monsters compared to stock, prior to my purchasing a set for my 15 F6B.
It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.
I too like the company and have had V&H pipes fitted to three other bikes with great results on HD's.
I'll post back here if I hear back from them.
Either way, I want a set.
Best wishes all.
Ken

waynerock66
10-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Currently running stock pipes on my'13 B and happy about it. The sound of the pipes, or lack thereof, are fine to my soon to be 50yo ears. However, both my boys, one riding a '15 Honda CBR600RR and the other riding a '15 Indian Scout, tell me I sound like a George Jettson mobile going down the road at speed.... Lol. Just got sound purposes only I would like to put a set of stock pipes off of a '15 F6B just to hear the difference between the two. Any new owners have their stock pipes up for sale yet?

Now my two cents on the aftermarket pipes making more HP over stock debate. While I don't doubt that the aftermarket ones will increase HP by marginal numbers, 3-10%, on a good day; remembering from my days of building muscle cars in the early 80's all I can say is that most through design exhaust systems only give gains at WOT and usually not through the entire RPM range. Last I checked I don't ride my B WOT enough to warrant the expense of aftermarket pipes fit a few % increase in power. Any change to the exhaust that I would make would be for sound purposes only. Just my two cents. Besides I couldn't care less about any of that when I'm rolling down the road and have the usual smile on my face that only the B can put there. :icon_biggrin:

GHOSTRACER
10-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Installed them Friday, and I couldn't be happier. Easy install, great looks and great sound without being obnoxious. A lot quieter than I was expecting, which is fantastic in my books.

Baytown
10-07-2015, 04:23 PM
I received a reply from V&H re my request on if they had dyno figures on their Monsters fitted to an F6B or standard GW. (Went all out in their response as well. Below in its entirety!)
Either way, I'd still look at purchasing a set.
Best wishes all.
Ken

"Unfortunately we do not. There is roughly a 3-5 hp increase over stock. Thank you for your interest in our products. "

.................................................. .................................................. ..................
:: Chris Neely :: Electronics Product Manager

VANCE & HINES

opas ride
10-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Most after-market pipe makers are not interested in doing a lot of research and dyno testing on Torque, HP numbers, etc. and posting any data...They want to sell pipes/systems that sound different, look good and make them money...I am pretty sure most riders that buy after-market pipes are mainly concerned with sound and looks and not so much if they make the bike go faster or add HP in any great numbers...Most add a couple extra HP, along with a better air-filter, but that is about it in most cases...Some systems can actually cost your motor HP if not set up right.....There are exceptions, of course, but these systems can be very costly and difficult to install.....JMHO

BIGLRY
10-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Most after-market pipe makers are not interested in doing a lot of research and dyno testing on Torque, HP numbers, etc. and posting any data...They want to sell pipes/systems that sound different, look good and make them money...I am pretty sure most riders that buy after-market pipes are mainly concerned with sound and looks and not so much if they make the bike go faster or add HP in any great numbers...Most add a couple extra HP, along with a better air-filter, but that is about it in most cases...Some systems can actually cost your motor HP if not set up right.....There are exceptions, of course, but these systems can be very costly and difficult to install.....JMHO +1

buckeyeken47
11-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Just installed on my bike. I really like the look and the sound. Just quiet enough so that there are no problems running down the freeway. No need to adjust the sound volume. At idle it sounds much better. The sound really comes on when you get on the throttle. This may come at a price ( tickets ) as I seem to be winding it out more than I used to - quite a bit more. As to if there is really more power - frankly I don't care. I'm having more fun than before and that's all that matters.

thunder217
11-18-2015, 10:16 AM
You guys beat me to the punch on this one. I was going to let the other member know that he had the pipes installed wrong. They do fit under the bags as shown. It takes a lot of twisting and turning to get it exactly where you need it with the shield properly in place. Of course one of them went on with out a snag and the other one well took me a lot longer than I had wanted to mess with it. Its a matter of turning the pipe just at the wright angle and the pipe hanger goes on the inside of the mount not on the outside. The pipes look great and sound good to. I'm still waiting to hear from my friends at COBRA about the 626 pipes I sent back to them with all of the rust problems. I have moved on. We will see. :yikes:

LacoocheeBoy
11-19-2015, 02:21 PM
So after hearing Mrs Chunky Love's 6into6's without baffles I was on a mission to replicate. I dragged Tater and Dickie around Biketober fest trying to find them as the cobra folks had said they would be there. They weren't so I ordered them and installed them without baffles and had a resonance that was disquieting to say the least. I ordered the torque loopz from Jimmy and installed them with a K&N air box and just for good measure I threw in a power commander.
I will post a video this weekend but suffice it to say "Holy Shit" it sounds like nothing I have ever heard on two wheels the drone is gone and the power starts at about 00000 rpms and goes throught the redline. I think i got more than I wanted and I couldnt be happier. Im not sure JimmyTee will have an audio solution short of earbuds that will work "enroute"

Hornblower
11-19-2015, 06:18 PM
Yes, Lacoocheeboy, you are just another one to experience the "magic" of Torq Loopz. Definitely, the best exhaust mod I've found :yes:.

BIGLRY
11-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Yes, Lacoocheeboy, you are just another one to experience the "magic" of Torq Loopz. Definitely, the best exhaust mod I've found :yes:. +1 and for me adding the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde mufflers comes in second.:icon_biggrin:

Slammd
11-19-2015, 06:43 PM
So after hearing Mrs Chunky Love's 6into6's without baffles I was on a mission to replicate. I dragged Tater and Dickie around Biketober fest trying to find them as the cobra folks had said they would be there. They weren't so I ordered them and installed them without baffles and had a resonance that was disquieting to say the least. I ordered the torque loopz from Jimmy and installed them with a K&N air box and just for good measure I threw in a power commander.
I will post a video this weekend but suffice it to say "Holy Shit" it sounds like nothing I have ever heard on two wheels the drone is gone and the power starts at about 00000 rpms and goes throught the redline. I think i got more than I wanted and I couldnt be happier. Im not sure JimmyTee will have an audio solution short of earbuds that will work "enroute"

Soooo very interested in your application of the Power Commander. Is there a specific model you used that is compatible with the ECM on the F6B and what settings did you program….or maybe you had it dyno tuned???

Thanks

LacoocheeBoy
11-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Going to have it dyno'd asap. currently it is just tuned to power commander f6b specs. It feels so much easier to pull though as if Lance Armstrong himself was proving his VO max levels were not drug induced.

Slammd
11-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Going to have it dyno'd asap. currently it is just tuned to power commander f6b specs. It feels so much easier to pull though as if Lance Armstrong himself was proving his VO max levels were not drug induced.

Can you provide any more details around which specific model of power commander module you used? I didn't realize there was even one available for the F6B...not to mention a specific map for it (you did say "tuned to f6b specs"). Thanks

LacoocheeBoy
11-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Can you provide any more details around which specific model of power commander module you used? I didn't realize there was even one available for the F6B...not to mention a specific map for it (you did say "tuned to f6b specs"). Thanks
I will post it over the weekend sometime

Slammd
11-20-2015, 07:58 PM
I will post it over the weekend sometime

Look forward to it, thanks!

veteran69
12-12-2015, 07:15 PM
I've had my F6B for 2 months now and the current set up is stock. However, and like others, I've been doing research on aftermarket exhaust systems and after reading this thread I'm more confused now than I was before I started my research. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

06Blackpearl
12-14-2015, 01:34 PM

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander.aspx?mk=19&mdl=642&yr=2603

Stevvvo
12-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Stock......Done with upgrading pipes. Looks like the consensus is the same for past HD riders like myself......F6B is not a Harley. I moved to it because the noise was exhausting on a HD. Now I can enjoy the ride and not feel like I got run down by a freight train by the end of the day. Never going back to HD. I think most people that jump on that wagon...including myself only last a few years living the HD experience then it wears off. Even my friends who I ride with, whom by the way have Harleys have stopped wearing the HD gear, realizing that it's not about being or looking bad ass but actually enjoying the ride. They comment all the time on my F6B. Funny thing is...whenever we ride people are looking at my bike and not the HD's..

Chas
12-14-2015, 07:51 PM
I have been running the Cobra 6 into 6. Love them.

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Nice looking bike, Chas

Willl
01-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Nice looking bike, Chas

Looks great in all the pictures I have seen, maybe some day we will see it in person :stirthepot:

rcroller
01-20-2016, 09:12 PM
Picked up some Pre-enjoyed 2015 black pipes from a member. Had them repainted and mounted last weekend on my black 2013. The fit wasn't perfect, a slight gap between the pipes and header covers. Definitely a noticeable difference in sound between the 2013 & 2015. A bit throatier but still a nice, quiet stock sound at speed. The black pipes on the black bike look awesome. Very happy with the change for a fairly minimal investment.

DarkKnt
01-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Hey RC, can you explain how the fit wasn't perfect? I didn't realize that Honda changed the dimensions in some way. I would like the nicer sound and OEM quality of the 2015 pipe.... Also, do you know off hand if the new pipes come in chrome also?

rcroller
01-21-2016, 02:45 PM
I don't believe the 2015s come in chrome but I'm not positive. The difference between the 13s&15s is that there are slots on the bottom of the tips on the 15s. I'm assuming that accounts for the throatier sound. The cans appear to be the same size. I ended up with about an eighth of an inch gap between the pipes and the heat shields. I did get new OEM 2015 heat shields in black to match the 2015 pipes. I'm thinking the gap may be due to the placement of the holes for either the pipes or the shields on the 2013 bike but not sure. The old pipes fit perfectly, the new ones a gap but I got some header pipe high temp paint and painted the silver that was showing black. The gap remains but is much less noticeable with the black underneath. Hope that helps.

Heavvyduty
01-21-2016, 06:23 PM
I don't believe the 2015s come in chrome but I'm not positive. The difference between the 13s&15s is that there are slots on the bottom of the tips on the 15s. I'm assuming that accounts for the throatier sound. The cans appear to be the same size. I ended up with about an eighth of an inch gap between the pipes and the heat shields. I did get new OEM 2015 heat shields in black to match the 2015 pipes. I'm thinking the gap may be due to the placement of the holes for either the pipes or the shields on the 2013 bike but not sure. The old pipes fit perfectly, the new ones a gap but I got some header pipe high temp paint and painted the silver that was showing black. The gap remains but is much less noticeable with the black underneath. Hope that helps.

Would it be possible for you to post a pic of the TIPS with there slots. Maybe thats all we would have to do to change sound.

rcroller
01-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Sorry... It appears I'm not talented enough to figure out how to post pics to this forum. If you'll PM me your email I can send them that way.

DarkKnt
01-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I still like the look of a little chrome to contrast the black. Guess I'll have to wait for Honda to make them in chrome again...

rcroller
01-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Here you go.

rcroller
01-22-2016, 06:24 PM
Here's the gap

rcroller
01-22-2016, 06:26 PM
And the overall look

Heavvyduty
01-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Here's the gap

That,s not Anything...

Rossco1959
02-07-2016, 06:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMgoEH1KXo

fl1madmax
02-10-2016, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMgoEH1KXo

No Drone, with Newer Longer ones, and 4000-6000 sound Great !!!!!! V&H is the Way to go is Ya got the Coin !!!!!!!!!!!
and like formula car sound !!!!!!!

BEIST
02-10-2016, 08:05 PM
So, I have the stock pipes on.

I considered the Cobras and the V&H about the time I bought my F6B. It seemed reasonable after coming from a VTX with Cobra pipes. But the longer I delayed the buy and rode with the stock pipes, the more I enjoyed the quieter ride.

Having said that... I have noticed a slight drone when I use the top section of my BaggerShield 11/19. My semi-pro audio background gives me some understanding of acoustics, and I've pretty much decided for myself that the infamous drone of some custom pipes on some bikes for some riders is likely a combination of windshield height, rider position within the reflected audio field, and the pipes installed on the bike.

I think that's likely why some riders have the drone while others with similar setup don't seem to be troubled by it.

The drone I hear disappears when I don't use the upper section of my shield. And it's only moderately audible when I do, though not enough to be annoying.

Boy did you hit the nail right on the head!!!!

I had the Cobra Six-2-Six blacked out exhaust installed when I purchased my bike new. On the way down to Baltimore, Glen Bernie PowerSports, the mechanics called and informed me that the bike sounded awesome. But, if I wanted it to sound even more "aggressive" they could remove the baffles. I had him on speaker, and my brother was driving, so I immediately mimic the Mexican banditos in Humphrey Bogart's The Treasure of the Sierra Madre = "Baffles!?! We don't need no stinking baffles!!!":moon:

I honestly don't believe this bike could have sounded any better. I even bought a Porsche wheel emblem and stuck it on the back. As a matter of fact, an old school Harley rider, during Delmarva Bike Week in Ocean City MD, told me that my bike sounded like a Lamborghini. (I had to omit all the expletives he used for this public forum.)

Unfortunately, after adding my Klock Werks windshield and Mustang seat the drone became unbearable around 2500-3000 RPMs. I don't think it was really that noticeable after installing the windshield; although the "clean air bubble" did make the stereo seem much clearer and louder and thus some amount of noticeable reverberation was added. But, when I installed the Mustang saddle, at the Delmarva Bike Week, and dropped down just that little inch, the drone was undeniable. Sure I could power thru it by avoiding the 2500-3000 RPM band. But not at highway speeds. Driving back home to Philly I was trapped on the highway doing 65 to 70 MPH right in that power band for hours. It was Brutal! My ears felt like they were bleeding after a couple of hours of non-stop riding. I even took off my full-face helmet at one point to find some relief.

The next weekend I made the three hour "ride of shame" back to Glen Bernie PowerSports to have the baffles put back in. Their service department reinstalled them for free and even offered uplifting stories relating to bad performance car exhaust experiences. True professionals!

Fortunately, there is absolutely no noticeable drone now with my bike as it is setup. I still get plenty of compliments about its "race car" sound and the six shooters sticking out the back attract plenty of attention even when the bike is simply parked. I would certainly recommend the Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust to anybody who asks me. I would even recommend trying them without the baffles = BUT = make sure you have the ability to quickly replace them. .batman-smilie.

Tbone56
02-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Just installed Torq Loopz and black TBR's. Install not too bad, just getting shields back in place the hardest part. I took the advice of others on the site and put two gaskets end to end on each pipe which completely fills the fitting on the Torq Loopz plus leaves a little sticking out the end. Cranked the barrel clamps down to 27 NM and no leaks. Sounds great, no decal popping or any problems. This setup is not loud, and at cruising speed barely noticeable, and when you let off the throttle, just as quiet as stock. Great setup!

Hornblower
02-14-2016, 03:47 PM
Just installed Torq Loopz and black TBR's. Install not too bad, just getting shields back in place the hardest part. I took the advice of others on the site and put two gaskets end to end on each pipe which completely fills the fitting on the Torq Loopz plus leaves a little sticking out the end. Cranked the barrel clamps down to 27 NM and no leaks. Sounds great, no decal popping or any problems. This setup is not loud, and at cruising speed barely noticeable, and when you let off the throttle, just as quiet as stock. Great setup!

Tbone--We have the same setup and like you, I couldn't be happier :biggthumpup:. Many complain of leaks with the Loopz, sometimes occurring immediately and sometimes taking a little time to show up. That's why I believe you were wise to double up on the short gaskets provided and I assume you also used some type of exhaust fittings sealer. We should not expect to have any leaks now or ever.

Tbone56
02-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Tbone--We have the same setup and like you, I couldn't be happier :biggthumpup:. Many complain of leaks with the Loopz, sometimes occurring immediately and sometimes taking a little time to show up. That's why I believe you were wise to double up on the short gaskets provided and I assume you also used some type of exhaust fittings sealer. We should not expect to have any leaks now or ever.

Did you put the sealer on the edge of the fittings after the clamps were tight? Or did you put the sealer on the gasket before it was inserted into the pipe? Also, do you think there is any reason to put sealer around the angled pipe that fits into the TBR pipe?

Hornblower
02-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Did you put the sealer on the edge of the fittings after the clamps were tight? Or did you put the sealer on the gasket before it was inserted into the pipe? Also, do you think there is any reason to put sealer around the angled pipe that fits into the TBR pipe?

After my first Loopz installation that was a total failure :icon_redface:, I went with the double gaskets and coated the gaskets with exhaust joint compound. Needless to say, I wasn't taking any more chances. I believe the most important joint, with regard to exhaust leakage, is the incoming joint to the Loopz. For the angled pipe going into TBR, I believe the supplied Permatex anti-seize compound is sufficient.

mtcgun
03-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Brocks Performance slip ons:

Penguin
03-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Can I first say that I'm not trying to be obstinate or hard-headed. Really, I'm not! :icon_biggrin:

Skeptical yes; but not arguing for the sake of arguing.

Dyno's can be made to give you whatever information you want. When magazines and retailers dyno, or otherwise test, product that they're receiving advertising money for, there's an incentive to show the product in a favorable light. I won't accuse Cycleworld of skewing results but I will point out this conflict of interest which makes their results non-definitive to me. In the professional world of scientific and engineering testing, such conflicts send the results automatically to the round file.

I'd be much happier to see results like this from a Joe Schmoe user like you or me where no money is exchanging hands.

Let me ask this, how many exhaust design articles can we find where they say it's beneficial to send gases into pressurized chambers?

How many designs like this do we see on race vehicles?

This is an exhaust for sound man, not performance.

I have to agree, when installing a more free flowing exhaust, to get more HP and torque you should add more fuel and possibly tweek timing settings. Also air intake has a lot to do with adding performance. They all work in unison together. More air in, add fuel and expel exhaust faster. This is basically how more power is made. Sometimes dyno results forget to mention other factors that were used to achieve favorable results. Pipes alone could do just the opposite and hinder peformance

Craig_328
04-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Video clips and write up on experiences are in the video section

Craig_328
04-24-2016, 08:49 AM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8412-Torque-master-exhaust-video

stmbtcbx
04-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Just installed the 2BR slip on's on a 2013 F6.
I had a 2Bro's titanium exhaust on my 2004 ST1300 and I loved the sound but it did have a slight drone.
So, the drone everyone talks about on the F6, wow. I never knew what drone was until I road this set up. Is not all time, bottom and top end sound great, lower mid-range is almost intolerable.
I am going to try an insert/sound reducer(2BR-P1x) and see if a little back pressure makes any difference, if not I will try torque loops.
It is definitely personal preference, but this is my hot rod so the performance and exhaust note are important.

Hornblower
04-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Just installed the 2BR slip on's on a 2013 F6.
I had a 2Bro's titanium exhaust on my 2004 ST1300 and I loved the sound but it did have a slight drone.
So, the drone everyone talks about on the F6, wow. I never knew what drone was until I road this set up. Is not all time, bottom and top end sound great, lower mid-range is almost intolerable.
I am going to try an insert/sound reducer(2BR-P1x) and see if a little back pressure makes any difference, if not I will try torque loops.
It is definitely personal preference, but this is my hot rod so the performance and exhaust note are important.

Are you sure TBR Power Tips are available for your new slip on's? When I first installed my TBR's, I checked with them and was told no tips were available. Maybe that has changed since I bought mine :shrug: After that, I went ahead and added the Loopz which took care of the drone. To me, the exhaust tone is simply intoxicating.

bigswole31
04-24-2016, 09:11 PM
I finally got around to installing my TBR (Chrome with Carbon Fiber Tips), and I LOVE THEM!!!

Elroy
05-05-2016, 09:45 AM

Tbone, I'm glad you like the setup. I have the same setup as you and Hornblower. Mine didn't go quite as smoothly as your's sounded it did. I know HB responded to your question but I'll give my input as well. I put muffler sealant all over the gasket and then again all over the edge of the fitting after the clamps were tight. I also HAD to use muffler sealant around both ends of the angled slip tube. I had condensation leaking at the 6 o'clock position of the muffler itself as well, a heavy leak, so sealed it up inside there too. I used a flexible Bic grill lighter to check for exhaust leaks (which I had many) at all the joints and through trial and error, eventually got everything leak-free. My project did not end there though. After everything was leak-free, found that the position of the tabs on the torq loops was off by just enough to make the body pieces (mainly the lower manifold cover) not able to go back on. SO, I'm back to either taking everything off, or trying to slide it back just enough for the pieces to fit. In hindsight I should've test fitted the plastic but that hindsight doesn't take the sting out of having to break all my leak seals to readjust. I haven't had it any further than just down the road and back but I'm already in love with the sound, the only thing keeping me going. :icon_wink: I wish I would've gotten a hold of extra gaskets like you did when I did my initial install. They're now weeks out from being available, but I got it leak-free with just one per side already, should be able to do it again. A few pics of my sloppy sealant job....2061220615206162061820617

samsonex24
05-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Just put Rush 4 inch slip-ons (2.25 baffle) with the black (4026B) end cap. Look and sound great. Have 500 miles with no drone. I bought the exhaust from Value Accessories and they are great to deal with.

Chas
05-29-2016, 10:08 AM
I'm running the Cobra 6 into 6. Love them,

Yukon
05-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Took about 90 minutes. The hardest part was getting the slip tubes fully seated into the mufflers. I used the supplied anti-seize stuff on the the slip tubes as well as the existing headers. After that piece of cake. I love the sound. No droning. 2015 F6B. BTW, purchased on Amazon for $615 from Powersport Superstore. Arrived in a few days with free shipping. Crazy.

MotoMike
05-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Cobra 6's with Torq Loopz. Gaskets installed with red permatex inside and out. No leakage. yet.
Heat shield reinstallation an exercise in patience.

ccasch
06-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Call me the oddball wiseacre 44-year-old of the group-but perfectly good with the stock exhaust. To each their own. . My F6B's a couch with two wheels. If I want noise I get a Ducati or Harley. Question for those that know the model through the years-does the stock exhaust remain the same from 2013 to the present?

GONRDN
06-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Stock and wish it were quieter.:039:

ccasch
06-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Call me the oddball wiseacre 44-year-old of the group-but perfectly good with the stock exhaust. To each their own. . My F6B's a couch with two wheels. If I want noise I get a Ducati or Harley. Question for those that know the model through the years-does the stock exhaust remain the same from 2013 to the present?
Oops- saw the answer in a previous post to this thread- slots added in tips in 2015.

MotoMike
06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Nothing oddball at all. My last Hardly was a stage 2 103" FLHT Standard with an RB Racing 2-1 header. Went back to factory mufflage and was happier. Im currently out over the road working right now so I haven't had a chance to put any miles on my B since I put on the loopz and cobras so the jury's still out as to whether I will live with them or fall out of love with them. Worse case I will keep the loopz and put the stockers back on.

buckeyeken47
07-01-2016, 03:20 PM
just put Torque Loops on the bike but because I had previously voted it can't be reflected in the poll.

makya53
07-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Black cobra no baffles, ignition and runner from dynoJet. No drone and sounds bad ass, my other bikes are jealous.

bgd8rd
07-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Two Brothers carbon tip

smiley
07-09-2016, 10:06 PM

:agree:stock

Zteve
08-15-2016, 05:18 AM
Freedom Performance

a1scoot
08-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Just threw a set of Bassani pipes on and LOVE the sound…
Thanks wroc1….:yes:

oiler
08-26-2016, 02:18 PM
Freedom Performance

These are new...what do they sound like? Any drone?

Zteve
08-29-2016, 11:01 PM
These are new...what do they sound like? Any drone?

Good sounding pipes. Very low pitch. Not too loud at 65. No drone at this speed. This is with the short screen and earplugs. Have not tried my tall screen yet.

Retired Army
09-04-2016, 10:25 AM
I augmented the stock pipes with a very quiet helmet and foam ear plugs.

jm21ddd15
09-04-2016, 09:34 PM
I augmented the stock pipes with a very quiet helmet and foam ear plugs.

+1

choptop
09-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Since I got old, I like stock, on F6b and Charger Hemi,'71 Chevy choptop pickup is a throwback to my younger days and loud, I now like sneaking up on people.:icon_wink:

53driver
09-05-2016, 12:09 PM
.... I now like sneaking up on people.:icon_wink:

Somedays that's the only way to get them to talk to you!!!

Juris
09-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Removed 4 of 6 baffles leaving 1 baffle on each side. Certainly doesn't sound like a Harley, but I like it better than stock. And yes, I thought seriously about a Harley but I went for the dependability of the F6b over exhaust note.

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Man, at the price of "slip ons" for this bike, I might get the torq loopz and that's it. I'd buy a seat before pipes. Or parts for my Mustang GT.... :icon_lol:

DTOM
09-20-2016, 10:54 AM
I'm new to F6B riders. I just had mine delivered last Sunday. Love it, love it, love it! It has Two Brothers Racing Exhaust (black and carbon fiber) on it. The sound described on this forum as drone is very prevalent with a full face helmet. Extremely annoying at RPM's above 2500. No helmet or half helmet is just fine with no drone. The pipes look great, sound is good, but not overly impressive. I would of left stock on and I'm glad I got the stock exhaust from the seller. I'll probably switch it back to stock for any long distance rides that leads me to wear a full face helmet. I'm open to any suggestions to cure this unfortunate annoyance.

RuneRider66
09-20-2016, 02:18 PM
I dont want to hijack this thread....if I need to be re directed please do so. But..... is there any dyno hard data that shows that slip on exhaust and torque loops increase HP and or torque?
Has anyone put the F6B on the dyno before doing the pipes and loops to get a reading and then after the installation of pipes and loops put it back on the dyno to check the numbers?
or is this all a sound thing?

KeithWhisman
09-25-2016, 03:58 PM
Kuryakyn Polygon integrated exhaust tips. They don't change the sound at all, they just look awesome and redirect the exhaust down. 23660

Zteve
11-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Freedom Performance

Update on these pipes. I put my tall screen on and they are pretty loud and droney. So I ordered the quiet baffles through Freedom Performance. Installed them and they sound great! Not too loud, not too quiet, just a nice low rumble. 'gw-smiley'

broncsrule21
11-05-2016, 08:37 PM
I dont want to hijack this thread....if I need to be re directed please do so. But..... is there any dyno hard data that shows that slip on exhaust and torque loops increase HP and or torque?
Has anyone put the F6B on the dyno before doing the pipes and loops to get a reading and then after the installation of pipes and loops put it back on the dyno to check the numbers?
or is this all a sound thing?

As far as I can tell....Just a sound thing. Most "slip ons" only add a negligible amount of power. Some actually will make you lose some power (see Cobra pipes for Gen 1 Vmax). I believe most people are after having an exhaust note that doesn't resemble a sewing machine.

JBnAZ
11-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Two Brothers, happy with the sound and appearance, bit of a pain to install. No current concerns. Don't miss stock pipes.

James2003x
11-09-2016, 01:53 AM
Just put Rush 4 inch slip-ons (2.25 baffle) with the black (4026B) end cap. Look and sound great. Have 500 miles with no drone. I bought the exhaust from Value Accessories and they are great to deal with.

I have a set of them on the way with 2.5 baffles. Also purchased from Rick and Teresa. I've known them for about 13 years now so I try to order from them or Metric Thunder to support the smaller mom and pop stores even if it's a little more expensive. But sometimes the price is just too much and I need to hit a larger retailer.

RickW
11-10-2016, 03:30 PM
I have a set of them on the way with 2.5 baffles. Also purchased from Rick and Teresa. I've known them for about 13 years now so I try to order from them or Metric Thunder to support the smaller mom and pop stores even if it's a little more expensive. But sometimes the price is just too much and I need to hit a larger retailer.

Add the Torq Loopz to go along with the Rush Exhaust or any other after market mufflers. The sound difference is amazing.
I just put together a video which lets you hear the sound with the Torq Loopz installed.

<br>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuIfsnKpBw

Big TP
11-10-2016, 05:40 PM
25 years of riding Harleys with all kinds of "potato potato" , I'm staying STOCK.

Bigcityd
11-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Has anyone noticed a performance improvement with their aftermarket pipes or is strictly an aesthetic/aural change you were after? I just bought a new F6B with stock pipes. If there is a performance improvement I might change up while she sleeps in the garage for the winter.
I have a 2000 Harley Dyna with Screaming Eagle Stage 2 upgrade with straight pipes. There was a big performance boost-10 hp with the straight pipe. And really loud! Just wondering if there was a power boost with the aftermarket pipes that anyone actually notices as opposed to what the manufacturer stated.

BIGLRY
11-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Has anyone noticed a performance improvement with their aftermarket pipes or is strictly an aesthetic/aural change you were after? I just bought a new F6B with stock pipes. If there is a performance improvement I might change up while she sleeps in the garage for the winter.
I have a 2000 Harley Dyna with Screaming Eagle Stage 2 upgrade with straight pipes. There was a big performance boost-10 hp with the straight pipe. And really loud! Just wondering if there was a power boost with the aftermarket pipes that anyone actually notices as opposed to what the manufacturer stated.
I have no 'after' Dyno pulls to back it up, but my butt Dyno says I did pick up a few ponies when I put on the Torque Loopz with the Jekill & Hyde mufflers. If I was to guess and it would only be an educated guess at best, but I'd say about 8 to 10 rwhp. I have also noticed I seem to have gotten the same performance increase with the Jekill & Hyde system open or closed, just louder with it open.

Bamaburt62
12-03-2016, 02:10 PM
After the HD years, staying stock here...

Just took off the monsters. Had ecu reflash, torq loops and put on black cobras ( no baffles). Found a place that sells 93 octane non ethanol . NO Drone. I've got a 2014 valk with custom made cobras but no ecu reflash or torq loops and it's quick but news flash!!!! Now the B is quicker. The sound taking the cats off is much much deeper, louder and just mean. Ride with a plethora of Harley guys as I have had many of the antiquated break down queens and they won't quit wanting to " hear it run". Cracks me up. I used to have my HD friends want to race me a little but the Valkryie stopped that dead in its tracks. Can't wait for some one to jump on the new and improved B.

Bamaburt62
12-03-2016, 02:19 PM

Educated guess on your question would be the cats. I put loops on my F6b and it sounds like the old valk videos with cobras. The old valks also had a shorter exhaust system.