PDA

View Full Version : F6B and Thinking Out Loud......

FlatSixBagger
05-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Paying OTD (everything included: taxes, dealer fees, and with the 5 years of financing charges) total cost of ownership minus maintance, gas, and addition accessories will be $21,078.60 for the base model. Bike again is the base model with heated hand grips and rider back rest (dealer installed) because I did not want to pay for a center stand or self canceling turn signal. I chose red simply because it was less expensive than the black models, when I ask why, he simply stated the black ones have been selling better. My thought as to why is because with the absence of the H-D Roadglide (H-D's only fixed fairing motorcycle), the F6B is the only real contender (sorry Kaw), and H-D's should only come in one color, BLACK, loll. As for the 2013 being discounted it is my opinion, because most prob do not know this bike exist, the more they put on road the more the enthusiast will see and once they find out it is a wing sales should increase. Again as a recent Roadglide owner this just me thinking out loud'sparkplug'. Just wondering though how many former RG owners made the switch?

MotoPumps
05-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Snip Just wondering though how many former RG owners made the switch?

I have had a string of HD baggers -- Road King Classic, '05 Road Glide, '09 Road Glide, '11 Street Glide... I liked the '05 RG best as far as weight and looks. The '09 handled a lot better, but was heavy with a tour pac and I hated the transmission.

The F6B is a whole different animal. Lighter, way smoother, faster, easier to manage, better weather protection by far and no heat being dumped on the rider. I am a very happy camper!

Rob

opas ride
05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
If your happy with the deal, who cares what others think.....The F6B is a great bike and worth every penny one spends on it in my opinion....Ride safe and enjoy....

FlatSixBagger
05-23-2014, 04:21 PM
If your happy with the deal, who cares what others think.....The F6B is a great bike and worth every penny one spends on it in my opinion....Ride safe and enjoy....
Agreed, I am happy not worried about the cost as if I could have purchased a RG it would be way more money and still not equal in HP, torque, handling, storage, etc...My only real question here is how many RG owner made the switch to the F6B?

Texas TC
05-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Of my 10 Harley's, 2 were Road Glides. Like previously stated, there is really no comparison passed the point both bikes come with fixed fairing. The F6B is far superiour in quality, performance, and handling. You just don't get the "I own a Harley" bragging rights for whatever that is worth.:icon_biggrin:

Spanky
05-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Made the switch from a 2006 FLTHX- now my wife's. 95CI kit, Barnett racing clutch. High compression pistons/head polished, large throttle body, roughly 100 Ft/lbs torque. The moment I rode the F6B I was pissed that I spent all that money, for what I bought stock from honda. Haven't stopped smiling yet!