PDA

View Full Version : klock werks vs baggershield

brewcityf6b
05-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Has anyone used both? I won't go any taller than either and have no interest in the mastad. My question, how does the 11 inch baggershield at its lowest setting compare to the KW. Simply looking to reduce wind noise a bit. Have the BS and it has helped dramatically from stock but like the look of the KW.

Scotrod
05-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Too many variables involved to be a 'black and white' one size fits all answer.

If you can get the 'flipper' up high enough, it might be a little bit quieter than the 11,,,

Buy it and then you'll know for sure! :077:

smokinjoe187
05-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Too many variables involved to be a 'black and white' one size fits all answer.

If you can get the 'flipper' up high enough, it might be a little bit quieter than the 11,,,

Buy it and then you'll know for sure! :077:
if you notice ,most guys buy three or four before they find one that fits them
good luck!!

brewcityf6b
05-23-2014, 01:31 PM
if you notice ,most guys buy three or four before they find one that fits them
good luck!!

Thanks fellas, from what I've garnered in my review of the windscreen strings, there isn't a simple answer and I pretty much figured I would end up purchasing both and selling one. :icon_biggrin:

mtcgun
05-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Ive had both. Personally I love the Klock Werks... I suppose the baggershield would be for sale.

brewcityf6b
05-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Ive had both. Personally I love the Klock Werks... I suppose the baggershield would be for sale.

Why do you prefer the KW? How tall are you? How do they compare?

imported_scottydi
05-24-2014, 05:40 PM
I have both the BS and the KW. I am 6'1 and I have the mustang seat on my bike which lowers you about an inch in the bike. I bought the tall honda shield with vent when I bought the bike, and used it for about 6 months before purchasing the BS, in my opinion the BS looked better than the honda shield but It was a little noisier than the Honda shield. I then won an F4 Customs shield and it offered the best wind and noise protection of any of the shields that I have tried so far, if I were to leave to go across the country I would put the F4 customs shield on without a second thought. The only issue I have with the F4 shield is that with it on the bike I can not tell I am riding a motorcycle, I honestly have ridden in convertibles that had more wind in my face that my bike with the F4 on there. After riding with that shield for a while, I saw the KW and decided one can not have too many shields for this bike and picked one up. When I put the shield on I was happy with the wind management up to about 70 on the interstate, then the wind became a little too much, and the wind noise across the helmet was an issue. I decided to modify the shield and drilled three new holes about an inch lower than the ones that came in the shield and remounted it. That fixed the issue and now the noise does not get bad until about 85 which is a good thing because it lets me know when I am running faster than I should.

So long story short, the KW in stock position did better with wind and noise management than the BS in the 11" setting. Raising the KW an inch makes it exactly what I am looking for right now.

brewcityf6b
05-24-2014, 05:50 PM
I have both the BS and the KW. I am 6'1 and I have the mustang seat on my bike which lowers you about an inch in the bike. I bought the tall honda shield with vent when I bought the bike, and used it for about 6 months before purchasing the BS, in my opinion the BS looked better than the honda shield but It was a little noisier than the Honda shield. I then won an F4 Customs shield and it offered the best wind and noise protection of any of the shields that I have tried so far, if I were to leave to go across the country I would put the F4 customs shield on without a second thought. The only issue I have with the F4 shield is that with it on the bike I can not tell I am riding a motorcycle, I honestly have ridden in convertibles that had more wind in my face that my bike with the F4 on there. After riding with that shield for a while, I saw the KW and decided one can not have too many shields for this bike and picked one up. When I put the shield on I was happy with the wind management up to about 70 on the interstate, then the wind became a little too much, and the wind noise across the helmet was an issue. I decided to modify the shield and drilled three new holes about an inch lower than the ones that came in the shield and remounted it. That fixed the issue and now the noise does not get bad until about 85 which is a good thing because it lets me know when I am running faster than I should.

So long story short, the KW in stock position did better with wind and noise management than the BS in the 11" setting. Raising the KW an inch makes it exactly what I am looking for right now.

Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm stubborn about the aesthetics and won't even raise the BS up above 11. I prefer the look of the KW but would only consider purchasing if it would be equal to our an improvement over the BS at 11.

Scotrod
05-24-2014, 07:48 PM
To build on Scotty's comments,,, 1 shield may not be the answer for each type of riding in each season either,,,

Startin to get pretty warm here in TX,,, Wife and I are experimenting,,, We pulled the outside shields off the Madstads and ran just the bases today. (Base is just an inch or so taller than OEM sheld)

The extra air blast was appreciated while be-boppin around town, or during a slow lazy putt out in the country, , but superslab speeds on the beltway in full traffic pretty much sucked,,, The 'stad will be back on if we do any ~serious~ riding.

TwinCitiesRider
05-24-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm 6' with the standard seat and started with the KW in very early spring and it was too much air, and wearing a full faced helmet made it even worse. I thought about modifying it some as I've seen in a couple of posts but never did. I'm now running the BS and other than the split color look the wind is just right to hear the radio and still have a little blowing over the chrome dome.

Alternatives to mounting the KW for extra height.
1. Drill new holes lower and use a fender washer on the middle hole. There was quite a bit of debate on structural integrity.
2. Drill matching holes in the stock window and mount the KW, BS style. This one I'm more interested in if it can be pulled off without looking like crap. I'd like to see pictures first.

wroc1
05-25-2014, 05:31 AM
I am 6' and have the BS raised to 12". At any speed I have no issue with wind noise. I like some wind in my face since I got off an Ultra and on the F6 just to remind me I'm on a motorcycle.

Kfad
05-27-2014, 02:14 AM
I just had the Klock Werks Flare put on mine two weeks ago, bugs down by about 85% wind noise down by about the same. I'm 6'2 the air comes over mid face, I wear a half helmet and love the new shield.

brewcityf6b
06-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Just installed a KW and it is a big improvement over the BS. Still some wind noise but down substantially. No buffeting either. Able to hear my radio with volume at 13 up to 70+ mph. Very happy with it.

opas ride
06-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Are you guys talking about the Baggershield extended to the full "19" as I have absolutely no buffeting at any speed and very little wind noise...I am sure the KW's is a good shield but I can't believe it is any better than the Baggershield....

brewcityf6b
06-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Are you guys talking about the Baggershield extended to the full "19" as I have absolutely no buffeting at any speed and very little wind noise...I am sure the KW's is a good shield but I can't believe it is any better than the Baggershield....

No, as I stated in the original post, I was looking for the difference between the BS all the way down or the KW as I'm looking for the lowest profile shield that can perform with the best results. I.e. closest to the original aesthetics of the bike. Very happy with the KW shield looks and function. I will likely keep the BS however in the event that I become less concerned with form vs. Function. Thanks for all of your input.

SmallPasture
06-06-2014, 11:11 AM
The feed back here @ F6B riders is second to none. Based on that I just ordered a KW!!
Now I'm 5'-8.75" (every quarter counts!) so It appears that I'm the shortest one on this thread so I'll report back once I killl some bugs w/ it. Right now I"m stock and the South Central Texas Bugs are and giving me whiplash!!!

brewcityf6b
06-06-2014, 11:27 AM
The feed back here @ F6B riders is second to none. Based on that I just ordered a KW!!
Now I'm 5'-8.75" (every quarter counts!) so It appears that I'm the shortest one on this thread so I'll report back once I killl some bugs w/ it. Right now I"m stock and the South Central Texas Bugs are and giving me whiplash!!!

You should have even better results than me as I'm 6'3 with a 34 inch inseam. Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Scotrod
06-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Your height will be to your advantage with the KW!!!!

Watch out,,,, the bigger/heavier bugs will still be aiming for ya!!! :duck:

SmallPasture
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
You should have even better results than me as I'm 6'3 with a 34 inch inseam. Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Your height will be to your advantage with the KW!!!!

Watch out,,,, the bigger/heavier bugs will still be aiming for ya!!! :duck:

That will be a nice change Brewcity/Scotrod! It should arrive Wednesday....I'll keep ya!! posted!:icon_lol:

brewcityf6b
06-09-2014, 08:23 PM
I put about 150 miles on yesterday with the KW and I'm super happy with it. No buffeting and some wind noise but still able to clearly hear my stereo at 70+ mph. And personally I think it looks better than the BS. JMHO.

vstar09
06-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Just bought a f6b upgrade from my vstar hows the quality of the baggershield..?

SmallPasture
06-15-2014, 08:29 AM
I put about 150 miles on yesterday with the KW and I'm super happy with it. No buffeting and some wind noise but still able to clearly hear my stereo at 70+ mph. And personally I think it looks better than the BS. JMHO.

Glad to hear that!

Just put the KW on and once again I'm to short. I'm looking right thru the flare. And of course I had to get dark tint. :icon_doh: So it looks like I'm still on the hunt. I really like the look of the KW.

Darren
06-16-2014, 05:33 AM
Glad to hear that!

Just put the KW on and once again I'm to short. I'm looking right thru the flare. And of course I had to get dark tint. :icon_doh: So it looks like I'm still on the hunt. I really like the look of the KW.

How tall are you, I really want the KW, but lack of funds mean that when I buy a new shield I'm going to be stuck with it, so must choose carefully.

opas ride
06-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Baggershield adjustable for me...Works great at all speeds and looks super on bike...5'9" and I like looking thru shield......

SmallPasture
06-16-2014, 10:05 AM
How tall are you, I really want the KW, but lack of funds mean that when I buy a new shield I'm going to be stuck with it, so must choose carefully.

I'm 5'8" on a good day. It looks great but it's meant for 6' and over I believe.

SmallPasture
06-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Baggershield adjustable for me...Works great at all speeds and looks super on bike...5'9" and I like looking thru shield......

Good to know Opas!!! So me being 5'8" I should be good to go.

Gunna put the order in for a Baggershield this afternoon!

Fla_rider
06-16-2014, 04:16 PM
I know everyone is using inseam or height in this thread but the real issue is neither. It is our sitting hieght! I am only 5'7" with a 29" inseam and I can see over the BS in 19" configuration. Again I have a rather tall sitting position.

SmallPasture
06-16-2014, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Fla_rider;33916]I know everyone is using inseam or height in this thread but the real issue is neither. It is our sitting hieght! I am only 5'7" with a 29" inseam and I can see over the BS in 19" configuration. Again I have a rather tall sitting position.[/QUOTE

You obviously still maintain great posture! My left 20 years ago!

powercruzer13
06-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Got the KW dark tint on the way, should be here Monday 6/23 or Tuesday 6/24.
I'm just under 6' tall with a 31" inseam so that means I sit in the saddle like someone a little taller. Short legged, long torso kinda thing.
Hoping the KW does it, looks very good on the black F6B. :yes:
Stock shield is totally useless. :no:

Cleaver1
06-23-2014, 05:18 AM
Once you get it mounted, give some feed back and post a photo if you could. I have the Cee Bailey which I like and it works good, but an considering the KW for the looks if it controls the air decent.
Thanks, Marty

Darren
06-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Anyone in Canada bought the Klock Werks?

If so where did you buy from, trying to avoid the extra tax I'd have to pay buying from the states.

SmallPasture
06-23-2014, 06:58 AM
Anyone in Canada bought the Klock Werks?

If so where did you buy from, trying to avoid the extra tax I'd have to pay buying from the states.

I might be able to help ya out. I just put on and promptly had to take off a dark tint KW flare that I need to sell. If your interested in dark tint that is. Send me a message if so.

Darren
06-23-2014, 09:14 AM
I would be interested