PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light Change for Added Safety

claytonsdad
05-25-2014, 07:17 AM
I wanted to bring up a concern I had today when riding behind my friend who has recently purchased an F6B (I'd love one myself, but it's not in my budget right now). The stock brake lights don't really seem to do much in the daylight. I'm not sure about how they look in the dark, but I didn't think they were very visible. We were riding with a group of various bikes from different manufacturers and the F6 brake lights were the least visible of the group. I know there have been several different options discussed here and would like to encourage you guys to at least consider taking a look at doing something to increase visibility from the rear when braking. I know we don't often know how our bikes look from behind when we're riding them, but I was a bit surprised about this, given that most everything else on this machine seems so well engineered.

Hornblower
05-25-2014, 08:01 AM
:agree: and flashing brake lights are even better :attention1:

Sorcerer
05-25-2014, 03:21 PM
What color bike. Had friends with 1800s one blue one red. The blue had great break lights the red, the break lights blended into the red paint.

claytonsdad
05-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Actually, it's black.

Steve 0080
05-25-2014, 09:13 PM
here ya go…http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=F6B+brake+lights

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=F6B+brake+lights

F6B-RICH
05-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I added a set of Hyperlites which are flashing LED brake lights mounted on the left and right side of the plate .batman-smilie.

fast eddie
05-26-2014, 07:57 AM
just a question ? have you seen the back of any other bikes ? not to be insulting but outside of the victory vison I have not seen 1 bike close to the brake lite of a wing. even most cars don't have lites that good .:jerkit:

claytonsdad
05-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Given that I much prefer to ride shotgun, I see a great many other bikes. There were 5 other brands just on yesterday's ride. I was just sharing my observations, not trying to start anything.