PDA

View Full Version : Admin - Help with this Website

imported_PA_F6Ber
05-25-2014, 07:43 AM
I seem to be having problems with this website. When I return to view items I normally click on "New Posts" and then proceed down through the list but there are items that are not new in the list. Another problem is that when I see a thread that I want to review I click on the "New" posts icon but it doesn't go to the first new post. I don't think it's my computer because I don't have problems with my VTXOA, M109Riders, and Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club Websites. It might have something to do with my site cookies but I'm just guessing.

Thanks,
Carl

Phantom
05-25-2014, 10:15 AM
I seem to be having problems with this website. When I return to view items I normally click on "New Posts" and then proceed down through the list but there are items that are not new in the list. Another problem is that when I see a thread that I want to review I click on the "New" posts icon but it doesn't go to the first new post. I don't think it's my computer because I don't have problems with my VTXOA, M109Riders, and Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club Websites. It might have something to do with my site cookies but I'm just guessing.

Thanks,
Carl

The list shows the latest posts in a chronological order, not necessarily the newest posts since you were last here. If you manually log yourself out of the website, when you return ... it is supposed to show only the newest posts since you were last on here when you click on "New Posts". Your computer cookies keep you logged on for hours after you have left the site so that you don't have to log-in every time that you come back.

Feel free to just send me a PM if you have questions about the site. Thank You :icon_cool::yes:

imported_PA_F6Ber
05-25-2014, 11:34 PM
The list shows the latest posts in a chronological order, not necessarily the newest posts since you were last here. If you manually log yourself out of the website, when you return ... it is supposed to show only the newest posts since you were last on here when you click on "New Posts". Your computer cookies keep you logged on for hours after you have left the site so that you don't have to log-in every time that you come back.

Feel free to just send me a PM if you have questions about the site. Thank You :icon_cool::yes:

Thanks for your answer. I just find it interested the other sites "work" like I would expect without logging off. I'll remember to look at the dates and work around my perceived problem.

Carl