PDA

View Full Version : PIAAs or no?

fxdl2051
05-29-2014, 06:32 PM
So the dealer says, PIAAs are a little brighter than stock Honda bulbs. Is that $100 dollars brighter or 50 cents brighter? Neither the dealer or the online tech guy are any help. Is anyone running the PIAA extreme white bulbs for their high beams and what's your experience? On my old bike, these things were hugely better, but I was running a single headlamp on a different brand. Any thoughts or experience? I don't want HIDS or anything that'll brake my bank right now so it's H7s for now. Like to hear your opinions.
ss^,
Ken

Steve 0080
05-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Can’t speak to the Piaas for this bike…I have installed them on others…HID’s will not break the bank…I can send you a set ( one for the lower lights) for around $75 with a life time warranty…..I would not spend $5 on Piaas after going HID many years ago…..JMHO

4DI2D
05-31-2014, 12:32 PM
If you Google H7 bulbs with (4200 K) for example you will find a TON of options for bulbs.

It seems all stock bulbs are 3500 to 3800 Kelvin (light temperature color scale) and shifting to 4200 will bring you up to "daylight" grade and a much higher level of visibility.

Check what's in your wallet and shop till you drop!