PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Expense.....

FlatSixBagger
05-31-2014, 10:08 AM
I use to complain about how expensive Hundred-Dollar[COLOR="#000000"] accessories are but I gotta tell ay all Honda is far worst, and for some reason the F6B parts that are essential the same as full Wing aka fairing pocket pwr socket is 3X worst. I understand R&D but this is ridiculous, even the aftermarket. I think it maybe fab time, special for highway pegs cause $300 to stretch out ain't gonna fly and neither is an $80 accessory pwr socket nor a $40 dollar one when you buy one at NAPA for $8!

Steve 0080
05-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Some items are at a fixed price...most other items if you look you can find them much more reasonable.... do a search in the accessories section.....

F6BPDX
05-31-2014, 01:49 PM
I use to complain about how expensive Hundred-Dollar[COLOR="#000000"] accessories are but I gotta tell ay all Honda is far worst, and for some reason the F6B parts that are essential the same as full Wing aka fairing pocket pwr socket is 3X worst. I understand R&D but this is ridiculous, even the aftermarket. I think it maybe fab time, special for highway pegs cause $300 to stretch out ain't gonna fly and neither is an $80 accessory pwr socket nor a $40 dollar one when you buy one at NAPA for $8!

Highway Pegs for $150... http://wingstuff.com/products/233-longhorn-offset-adjustable-highway-pegs?context=footrests_stands-f6b

Sounds like you either A) aren't looking very hard, or B) want a specific plug and or peg which if that is the case is no different from any other manufacturer.

FlatSixBagger
05-31-2014, 02:50 PM
Highway Pegs for $150... http://wingstuff.com/products/233-longhorn-offset-adjustable-highway-pegs?context=footrests_stands-f6b

Sounds like you either A) aren't looking very hard, or B) want a specific plug and or peg which if that is the case is no different from any other manufacturer.
nice on the highway peg guess I have to click on GL1800 instead of f6b, I am ordering the pegs, Aux PWR I'll get at napa $8. Thanks

F6BPDX
06-01-2014, 12:17 PM
For the power outlet biggest difference is that the one I linked is plug and play for the switched power under the fairing pocket.

thunder217
06-02-2014, 10:04 AM
I finally broke down and purchased the back rest which I have thought from the beginning has been over priced. You can get a whole seat for $500 and the back rest with installation kit is $400 plus. Come on now. LOL

I wanted to purchase the plastic clip that fits into the two screws that hold on the clutch lever. There are two of them. One in the brake and one in the clutch lever. The part cost $0.88 and shipping was $15. Figure that. Just another one of those things. LOL:icon_redface:

Rustysocket
06-03-2014, 01:47 PM
For the Accessory socket I picked up the SHOW CHROME 52-748 ACCESSORY SOCKET which was about 11$ shipped and is plug and play.

imported_PA_F6Ber
06-03-2014, 03:00 PM
For the Accessory socket I picked up the SHOW CHROME 52-748 ACCESSORY SOCKET which was about 11$ shipped and is plug and play.

This is the one to buy. Plug-n-play for cheap. Love mine.

Carl