PDA

View Full Version : Thanks EC

Texas TC
06-03-2013, 09:25 PM
This weekend, the OEM style switch broke on my Single Shot lower lights. When I pulled the switch housing out, the single switch/wiring unit came out in two pieces. I called EC this morning and, no questions asked, they are replacing the switch under warranty. In fact, I got the USPS Priority Mail receipt emailed to me in just a few minutes. Great customer service.

I decided to try the non OEM style switch this time. It is only illuminated when the lights are on. The switch I had that broke stayed on all the time and it was really BRIGHT!

Thanks again EC!

MichaelG
06-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Texas TC, that is a good choice to go with the non-OEM style switch. That is what I installed when I got my Single Shooter lights from EC, and I am very happy that I did. It is nice to know that when the green light is ON...the lights are ON.

EC has a good track record of taking care of their customers.

FlyinF
06-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Finally got mine, rode once, washed once and one of the lights has moisture.

MNF6B
06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
I installed EC Single Shooter's on my F6B and had one light go out after one week. Phil at EC sent me a replacement the very next day. I went with the OEM switch but now wish I had gotten the other. I did not realize the OEM light switch light always stayed on.

MichaelG
06-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Finally got mine, rode once, washed once and one of the lights has moisture.

FlyinF, I have spoken to Lewis about this same issue, and he assures me that they are finalizing a new seal for the unit, and will get those out to current owners as fast as possible.

FlyinF
06-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks Miles.............I wasn't too worried about it, they are cool lights and I have been buying EC stuff since: ST1300, Valkyrie Interstate, VTX1800 and 09 Wing......and I know they stand by their products. Since it doesn't rain much in south Texas (and I don't ride in rain unless in some far away place) what the heck just have to be careful when washing.

Texas TC
08-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Once again, EC came through with great customer service. I called late last week when I discovered one of my LED bulbs had been burned out on my EC turn signal conversion kit. Phillip sent me a replacement under warranty and it was delivered and I installed it yesterday. This us the way good companies should operate. Thanks again, EC.

bobbyf6b
08-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Once again, EC came through with great customer service. I called late last week when I discovered one of my LED bulbs had been burned out on my EC turn signal conversion kit. Phillip sent me a replacement under warranty and it was delivered and I installed it yesterday. This us the way good companies should operate. Thanks again, EC.

Is that the tail light conversion? I think I'm gonna do that too. Can't beat the price.

kjelders
08-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks Miles for making up my mind about fog lights yesterday. I ordered the EC Single Shooters (yellow) with EC switch. While I was there on EC's website, I also order the Honda Marine Volt Meter with panel and accessory harness.

woody
08-06-2013, 02:48 PM
You will be happy with the amp guage it fills the space on the right side nicely and is of good quality. I also ordered the wiring harness but found I didn't need it as I ran the wires that come attached to the guage under the glove box and pluged into the spare plug on the left side.
The wireing on the Australian bikes are different though to the US version. I found this out after installing 960 lights. So it will be interesting to see if there is a different position for the accessory plug.

FlyinF
08-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Hopefully EC will send gaskets out before summer ends and rainy season starts.

Steve 0080
08-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa !!!!! There is a light or gauge I dont have??? Pic's please!!!!

kjelders
08-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa !!!!! There is a light or gauge I dont have??? Pic's please!!!!

here's the gauge with OEM panel.

Steve 0080
08-06-2013, 07:57 PM
WOW!!! Part number please........

kjelders
08-06-2013, 10:01 PM
WOW!!! Part number please........

p/n 04108 here is the link (http://www.electricalconnection.com/meters_indicators/volt-2-honda.htm)

you will need this harness p/n 08104 link (http://www.electricalconnection.com/wire-harnesses/hrns_gl18_06_accy.htm)

bobbyf6b
08-06-2013, 10:15 PM
here's the gauge with OEM panel.

That looks really cool. Cool and functional. Bonus!

bobbyf6b
08-06-2013, 10:20 PM
What are the instructions for removing the right dash panel on the F6B? It doesn't open.

Steve 0080
08-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Same as left...pull trim ever so softly starting at the bottom...2 alan head bolts...done

Steve 0080
08-06-2013, 11:42 PM
looks like 4108 has both on there already...which one do I buy the 50 or 70 $$ unit...do I cut out the circle???

Pedro66
08-07-2013, 12:30 AM
looks like 4108 has both on there already...which one do I buy the 50 or 70 $$ unit...do I cut out the circle???

The circle is marked on the back of the panel use a hole cutter, although I prefer to center the gauge in the square the OEM markings are not centered, you can buy replacement panels from Honda they are about $14 same for all years so order a 2001, the gauge is a Honda marine gauge they are very nice quality

FlyinF
08-07-2013, 01:26 AM
I had a Honda marine gauge on my '09 Wing, it only lasted a year. The second one was still working when I traded it in for the F6, its pretty nice and within a volt in accuracy. You can find them all over the net.
37450-ZW5-000ZA BK VOLTMETER,FA (Honda Code 5977806)
Price: $23.98

kjelders
08-07-2013, 11:13 AM
FYI - The single shooters from EC are on back order. I received an email from Angie at EC stating 1-2 weeks.

pblair
08-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Been waiting since June 27 for a right side (throttle side) replacement for my personal set. No response to emails. Very uncharacteristic, I just do not know what to think.

My wife finally got a response to a phone call. They are repairing them and are backlogged.

I will be selling them as soon as I get my replacement.

Anybody have a lower cowl for a reasonable price?

kjelders
08-10-2013, 09:27 AM
My order just shipped for the single shooters. I verified that they have the upgraded seals for the moisture issue.

kjelders
08-10-2013, 09:29 AM
I put the EC Honda volt meter with panel in last night. However, I can't find the red connector plug on the right side as described in the EC instructions. Is it a hide n seek connection?

Pedro66
08-10-2013, 10:32 AM
I put the EC Honda volt meter with panel in last night. However, I can't find the red connector plug on the right side as described in the EC instructions. Is it a hide n seek connection?

It's not there on the 2012+ bikes that i have seen anyway you have to run the wire to the ACC plug on the left side or to the fuse box

FlyinF
08-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Since EC has new gaskets for their lights would they be so kind as to provide them to those that made the mistake and ordered early on.........................

MichaelG
08-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Since EC has new gaskets for their lights would they be so kind as to provide them to those that made the mistake and ordered early on.........................

Yes, they will. I have one of the original sets of Single Shooters lights from them, and I had issues with the condesation getting in between the lens and the lights. After this was discovered, I contacted Lewis, they made the new gaskets, and they sent me a set of them for free.

All you need to do is call (the lady that answers the phones) and tell her what you need, and they will get them shipped out to you.

Even if you have already called them on this...call again. They are better at answering the phones, than replying to e-mails.

FlyinF
08-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks, will give them a call.

kjelders
08-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes, they will. I have one of the original sets of Single Shooters lights from them, and I had issues with the condesation getting in between the lens and the lights. After this was discovered, I contacted Lewis, they made the new gaskets, and they sent me a set of them for free.

All you need to do is call (the lady that answers the phones) and tell her what you need, and they will get them shipped out to you.

Even if you have already called them on this...call again. They are better at answering the phones, than replying to e-mails.

:icon_ditto:

pblair
08-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Been waiting since June 27 for a right side (throttle side) replacement for my personal set. No response to emails. Very uncharacteristic, I just do not know what to think.

My wife finally got a response to a phone call. They are repairing them and are backlogged.

I will be selling them as soon as I get my replacement.

Anybody have a lower cowl for a reasonable price?

Son of a ...... I installed my replacements and the next morning sometime between the time I got to work and went to lunch the throttle side burned out again. Called and they are sending a replacement with an extra bit of hardware to resolve the problem. Miles is right, they respond much better to phone calls. btw, not upset with them just getting anxious.

Angie (EC) could not remember what Lewis (EC) called the extra part. I will know when I receive it.

Check out the replacements. They added these huge what looks like heat sinks/regulators to the back of the modules.

FlyinF
08-23-2013, 09:35 AM
The first batch of lights were overheating so their mod is to add a heat sink as you describe. I hope the extra bulk does not cause cracking at the mount points. How much heavier does it feel?

Texas TC
08-23-2013, 10:25 AM

I was told that they were to be attached at the heated grip connection. EC was to provide a "T" connection to the plug. I would assume you could simply follow the wires from the heated grip to the connection point and plug the meter in there. I have not tried yet but that is what I was told by Philip at EC. That is, of course, for the Deluxe models. The standard models would require running a wire to the left side accessory connection as Pete suggested.

kjelders
08-23-2013, 10:52 AM
I was told that they were to be attached at the heated grip connection. EC was to provide a "T" connection to the plug. I would assume you could simply follow the wires from the heated grip to the connection point and plug the meter in there. I have not tried yet but that is what I was told by Philip at EC. That is, of course, for the Deluxe models. The standard models would require running a wire to the left side accessory connection as Pete suggested.

There is a 3 wire white connector behind the panel that the heated grips use. However, I didn't get a "T" connection from EC

I wish the instructions would get better from the vendors on the aftermarket products.

Texas TC
08-23-2013, 12:17 PM
There is a 3 wire white connector behind the panel that the heated grips use. However, I didn't get a "T" connection from EC

I wish the instructions would get better from the vendors on the aftermarket products.

Did you order this one? It specifically adresses the "T " connector issue.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/meters_indicators/volt-2-honda.htm

kjelders
08-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Did you order this one? It specifically adresses the "T " connector issue.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/meters_indicators/volt-2-honda.htm

Yes, that is the one I ordered.

Texas TC
08-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Yes, that is the one I ordered.

Then I believe it is time for some good customer service from Lewis or Philip. I would call and ask them for the missing connector. Mine is due in tomorrow, hope it has the proper wiring included. I will post here when it arrives.

Yeahoo Whoyah
08-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Check out the replacements. They added these huge what looks like heat sinks/regulators to the back of the modules

A week ago I received the EC single shooters with the upgraded gasket and the heat sinks and installed them today. They work great, thanks Miles for the recommendation. The install went well expect for one issue. The back of the left panel switch (radio control module) would not clip back in after installing the EC switch into the dead plate. The switch wires added to the existing wire bundle used up what little space is available in the back cover exit arch. I used my Dremel tool to enlarge the exit arch a bit but no luck. I got tired of messing with it and reassembled into the fairing with the back not fully engaged into the tabs. I suppose this could allow some moisture and dirt into the back of the left switch panel over time. It's good enough for now. I may make another attempt when the garage cools down,,,,in October I suppose.
Another small annoyance was the EC light kit was missing the 4 locknuts for use with the SS flat head socket cap screws. Fortunately I have fasteners on hand to I didn't have to make a trip to the hardware store.

Texas TC
08-24-2013, 04:12 PM
OK. I got my Volt Meter today. As advertised, it had the connection that plugs in to the heated grip wiring. Installation went well. However, the heated grips use three pin wiring and the wiring for the Volt Meter is two pin. So, the meter does not work nor do the heated grips work with the plug and play wiring provided.

Now it is time for me to call Philip on Monday to see what can be done. Grrrrrr.

Pedro66
08-24-2013, 04:28 PM
A week ago I received the EC single shooters with the upgraded gasket and the heat sinks and installed them today. They work great, thanks Miles for the recommendation. The install went well expect for one issue. The back of the left panel switch (radio control module) would not clip back in after installing the EC switch into the dead plate. The switch wires added to the existing wire bundle used up what little space is available in the back cover exit arch. I used my Dremel tool to enlarge the exit arch a bit but no luck. I got tired of messing with it and reassembled into the fairing with the back not fully engaged into the tabs. I suppose this could allow some moisture and dirt into the back of the left switch panel over time. It's good enough for now. I may make another attempt when the garage cools down,,,,in October I suppose.
Another small annoyance was the EC light kit was missing the 4 locknuts for use with the SS flat head socket cap screws. Fortunately I have fasteners on hand to I didn't have to make a trip to the hardware store.

Those panels have never been easy to clip back on since the wing came out, we often have to heat the tabs and bend them out, also try a different wiring route.