PDA

View Full Version : Lopsided rear end

Coop creek
06-01-2014, 07:46 PM
My behind is lopsided :moon::icon_biggrin:
Seriously, when I stand behind my bike the left saddlebag is higher than the right, the rear end leans towards the right while the front of the bike is straight up. It is especially noticeable when the bike is on the center stand. Is this normal??

Steve 0080
06-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Nope !!!

bobbyf6b
06-01-2014, 11:44 PM
We need pics. Sounds very strange.

Scotrod
06-02-2014, 08:22 AM
We need pics. Sounds very strange.

X2. Park it on the C-stand and take pics. Measure from same point on each bag to the ground, post dims,,

Doubtful that they are 'perfect' to a fraction of an inch, but should be close enough not to notice.

Coop creek
06-02-2014, 06:15 PM
I must be nuts. Maybe its my garage floor or some light bending force-field in there because I took it outside today to take pictures and it is less noticeable on the walkway in front of my home. My concern is how the rear end aligns with the front end/fairing. Looking at it on the walkway, it is probably in tolerance. In the garage, it is more noticeable. I showed it to the wing tech at the dealership and he didn't know if this was the norm or not. Here are some pictures, you are going to make fun of me now but oh well. I don't have any other F6Bs to compare it to (One advantage to HD, I could go to the dealer's show room and see lots of examples of my bike when I needed to). If any of you get a chance to eyeball your bike from behind, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Oh, one pic has a pair of 48" fluorescent tubes, one resting on the high spot of the grab rail, the other resting on the center cubby with the lid removed, so you can see what I am talking about.

Scotrod
06-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Does kinda look a little warped,,,maybe,,, kinda,,,

One pipe looks a bit closer to the bag than the other,,,

When it was delivered to the dealer, did they unload it with a fork lift, or just push it off the side of the truck,,,? :shrug:

:stirthepot:

BARRYS770
06-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Probably designed that way. The center stand is slightly longer on the left side to move the center of gravity for the bike to the right. That way, you get more stability when you step on the left peg to get on the bike.

kjelders
06-03-2014, 09:25 AM
It's a little difficult to tell from the pictures......However the lawn needs mowed! :icon_mrgreen: Sorry I couldn't help myself.

jkelley
06-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Can't see it from the seat?

Seriously, I can't tell.

But yes, the grass needs mowed!

Elin in So. Cal.
06-03-2014, 12:33 PM
... Looking at it on the walkway, it is probably in tolerance. In the garage, it is more noticeable. ...

Coop, I noticed your center stand is not centered under the bike. More of it is showing on the left side than the right. If that's the problem, then it may NOT be the bike.

Look at the wheel in the first shot...the wheel leans to the right, so it is more than just the saddlebags.

I'd check how the center stand is affixed to the frame as a first step.:popcorn:

Scotrod
06-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Pics can be deceiving at times. For comparative purposes, one really need to take a series of pics from the same elevation at varying degree's left then right from the centerline of the bike.

Pic one was taken just left of the centerline. Backrest is offset to the right from the fairing's/windshield's centerline.

When I traveled for my work, I took just over 42,000 photo's of buildings in various stages of construction. Over 1200 on one project alone. Yeah,,,, I've looked closely at several of those pics along the way! LOL!!!

Scotrod
06-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Try this pic:

Fewer distractions,,,

Sides are cropped to the outside edge of the bag reflectors,,,

Whole bike is leaning to the right some,,, Pic taken while standing slightly to the left of centerline makes the 'fairing/windshield' seem more to the left than it would be if you were exactly behind the bike,,,

Tbone56
06-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Mine also leans slightly to the right when on the center stand, but don't see that as a problem.

hiflyer
06-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Mine also leans slightly to the right when on the center stand, but don't see that as a problem.

Just changed my oil and took a look. Mine does too.

Coop creek
06-03-2014, 08:33 PM
The grass! OK, you made me laugh. Next time I take pictures I'll pose the bike in front of my neighbor's house, it's got decent landscaping!
It's really hard to get the camera lined up exactly straight behind the bike, and if I take any more pictures I'll go mad, but I eyeballed it dead center and to the right of center and it still looks slightly off. Anyway, it's reassuring to hear a few others look the same. It certainly rides straight and true. If I get any more info from the dealer I will post it. Thanks again to all.

GiddyupF6B
06-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Mine does not sit crooked at all, it's perfectly level.......

Philbert40
06-03-2014, 11:56 PM
I think it's the yellow color:shrug:

GiddyupF6B
06-04-2014, 06:16 AM
I think it's the yellow color:shrug:

I also heard it's not as fast as the matte black ones (one) :biggthumpup:

F6Berto
06-05-2014, 05:47 AM
The right side exhaust seems to sit lower than the left side. (According to picture)

F6Berto
06-05-2014, 05:53 AM
All the pictures that you took there is a slope in the cement to the right. The ground has to be completely level

jkelley
06-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Center stand? Mine is the same.