PDA

View Full Version : couple coats of liquid glass...

choptop
06-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I have a couple a three coats of liquid glass on the 6 w/the intent of more. My question is, after a ride for clean up and making the bike pretty before the next coats, do you guys use any detailer or do you just wash it off, dry and polish it up w/a micro fiber cloth or what. thanks

imported_scottydi
06-04-2014, 08:49 PM
I typically wash the bike and use a leaf blower to dry. Minimizes risk of micro scratches and leaves the finish looking good. I know that liquid glass is tough stuff, but the less contact I can have with the painted surfaces the happier I am.

F6Pilot
06-04-2014, 10:10 PM
I do the same. Wash and blow dry with leaf blower. I've got five coats on and will try to put one on every weekend until I use up the whole can.

Steve 0080
06-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I am not a fan of washing a bike with water…I normally use a waterless wash and if I get caught in the rain I will wash with water to remove the road grime!!!

TearlessTom
06-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks to the people here I bought some and have 2 coats on now. Like others I will add a coat every two weeks for me until it is gone. It really does feel like glass. Surprisingly though it is rarely mentioned on the other Goldwing forums. Why is that?

jakec
06-10-2014, 09:18 AM
I have to be honest, in my opinion I bought the LG and I don't get it. I don't like it as well as the Eagle 1 nano wax which is a spray on and very convenient. When I get scatches I use Scratch Doctor and it does a good job. I've also had good luck with Pledge. If anyone is traveling through Morris,Il. contact me and I will give you a can of LG that's about 80% full.

MinnetonkaMike
06-23-2014, 09:00 PM
I am not a fan of washing a bike with water…I normally use a waterless wash and if I get caught in the rain I will wash with water to remove the road grime!!!

what waterless product do you use?

Ericb445
06-23-2014, 09:16 PM
I have to be honest, in my opinion I bought the LG and I don't get it. I don't like it as well as the Eagle 1 nano wax which is a spray on and very convenient. When I get scatches I use Scratch Doctor and it does a good job. I've also had good luck with Pledge. If anyone is traveling through Morris,Il. contact me and I will give you a can of LG that's about 80% full.

I'm on the Lg Fence as we'll.. It works well. But I don't see it as the end all be all of polishes/waxes. I too use the waterless cleaners and waxes.... I like a product called fast wax, and detailers like Lucas slick mist, turtle wax black detailer, kit paste wax is another wax that I like a lot. Kit also makes a scratch out Polish that's pretty good. Meguiars quick detail spray is also very good stuff.