PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cushion

Fla_rider
06-05-2014, 05:57 AM
I was on a group ride the other day and another rider had an Airhawk seat cushion and raved about it. Is anyone out there using one that can comment on it? Which size did you get? Here is the link http://www.motorcyclecushions.net

Cool Hand Luke
06-05-2014, 07:00 AM
I do. I posted elsewhere on this forum about it before. I have been using one for at least ten years, if not more. I use Medium Cruiser Cushion:

As you can see it fits F6B stock seat fine. It could be even bigger, but I already have this one as I bought it for a different bike in the past. Cushion cannot be really seen while riding.

It adds less than one inch of height. It looks like it should be taller on pictures, but one is only supposed to put very little air in it, not inflate it fully. It does extend the ride longer, in the summer heat it gives you more air circulation. Material used for cover is breathable. One trick I used is when stopped (for example lunch) while riding in the heat of summer the seat would get very hot to touch. I hide the cushion in saddlebag and put it on seat so I don't feel the hot seat.

However, I must say as I got my Mustang seat and it break-in period seems over now I don't use Airhawk anymore! Just yesterday I did about 270 miles (at around 90 degress!) and did not use the cushion at all, although I did bring it, just in case.

Steve 0080
06-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Yep! They are nice…used one on my Rune… * trick…don’t over fill

Hornblower
06-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Yep! They are nice…used one on my Rune… * trick…don’t over fill

:agree: The biggest drawback for me was adding height. Even if you don't over fill, it still adds thickness to your seat. For my 30" inseam, I don't need to be adding anything that will make me sit higher. That said, the Air Hawk is very comfortable and I'd love to be using mine. :icon_frown:

Fla_rider
06-05-2014, 10:29 AM
good point since my inseam is 29".

hiflyer
06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
:agree: The biggest drawback for me was adding height. Even if you don't over fill, it still adds thickness to your seat. For my 30" inseam, I don't need to be adding anything that will make me sit higher. That said, the Air Hawk is very comfortable and I'd love to be using mine. :icon_frown:

What seat are you using now Hornblower?

Hornblower
06-05-2014, 12:10 PM
What seat are you using now Hornblower?

Still using the stock seat for now. I may consider an aftermarket seat in the future. It would be really nice to be about an inch lower but I definitely don't want anything that would move me back further from the bars. Also, I really like my Utopia rider's backrest. I like a fairly aggressive forward position and the Utopia is adjusted forward to support that. The combination of the stock seat, the Utopia, and the HeliBars seems to be a good setup for me.

Steve 0080
06-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Ken, when we get to Franklin...you can ride my bike...the Mustang does not set you back far enough to notice and w/ your Heli bars it still should not matter....

Hornblower
06-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Ken, when we get to Franklin...you can ride my bike...the Mustang does not set you back far enough to notice and w/ your Heli bars it still should not matter....

Thanks, Steve :041:. I'll take you up on that offer!