PDA

View Full Version : Traveling for a F6B Deal

Madmax
06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Hey guys ... 2nd post here and new to the F6B but long time rider . I have been watching the F6B every since I seen one at the Javits Center in NY the other year I was hoping Honda would have installed ABS and reverse on the F6B on the 2014 but not the case .
The F6b was one of those must have bikes ... I made up my mind to trade a nice bike I picked up really cheap last year ... 2012 FZ1 .
I know the bike market is slow right now , I was asking a fair price in trade but most of the dealers in my area suck . I was just going to grab a flight and shoot down to Russelville Honda ... I was really close then spotted a dealer fairly local , 150 miles away ... They wanted my FZ1 and I got a really smoke'n deal on a 2013 red deluxe ... not a red guy but love the bike .
Did most of you guys buy local ?

SmallPasture
06-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Yup!! Kent Powersports here in San Antonio gave me a great trade on my 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14.

Tedubya
06-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Was ready to go to Russleville also but my local dealer had a used 13 with 3024 miles and Rush pipes.
They gave me a great trade on my 07 Roadliners. Didn't expect Big Charles Motorsports to deal like that.
I guess it was because I caught them on the last daty of the month.

F6B-RICH
06-06-2014, 12:51 PM
'welcome gang' from NJ and yes I purchased my F6B local .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
06-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Wife and I have been taking out bikes to the Russellville area for a week each year to ride.

I had a collision and lost my old Stratoliner,,,

I wanted a special color F6B,,,

Local dealers couldn't match the deal on their non-painted bikes That I was getting on a painted one in Russellville.

Went on our trip to Russellville, only this time in stead of 2 bikes, we brought just the wifes Roadliner,,,

Picked up my 6, rode in the area for a week, was so impressed that we traded her Roadliner in on a 6 for her!!!

(We originally had no intentions whatsoever of getting her a 6,,, until both of us traded off riding mine for a while!!! LOL!!)

Left TX with a Roadliner, came back w/(2) F6B's,,, :shrug:

Madmax
06-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Buddy of mine owns a Kawasaki dealership , I know the business . I feel bad for those guys in the cycle business its still pretty bad out there . He is a common sense guy and we both agree something is only worth what someone is going to pay , unfortunately manufactures keep sending the bikes ... minimum to to order was 60 bikes and his rep was crying about that small amount .
You should expect to pay close to MSRP on a current model in that year but once that bike is on the floor for a year , its a buyers market and I'm going to do my best to beat them down .
There is a guy who owns a local dealer in my town ... there employee's bonus is 25 bucks for selling a new bike ... that sucks .
I'm one for a road trip to get a deal ... last year I ran out 300 miles to trade race spec 990 SMR for a new vmax ... that was also worth the trip on a new non-current model .
This year I treated my self to the 2013 F6B .

Thanks for the welcome !

Max

Steve 0080
06-06-2014, 04:53 PM
I went to my local dealer, told them I was flying out or they could match the deal.....they did! Just can not BS and be ready to fly!!!

CheckpointChcky
06-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I ended up traveling 2 hours south of me for a very good deal. The dealership closer to me just doesn't make good deals.

coachk
06-06-2014, 09:05 PM
I tried working with my local dealer but they didn't want to budge much off a 13 black deluxe that the owner was riding around... was fixing to do a deal in Russellville but found a good deal on one in Tennessee...flew out and rode it back that next weekend!

jaygollner
06-06-2014, 09:14 PM
My local dealer matched the best price I found + $200 so I took the deal rather than drive 150 miles each way, he tried to screw me on the trade in so I have a F6B and a 97 Valk in the garage until someone who is willing to pay me what its worth comes along.

Scotrod
06-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Yep, trade-ins can be more of an issue than haggling on the new bikes price,,,

We did end up trading the Wife's Roadliner in at HOR for her 6, but getting a fair price for it wasn't ~easy~,,, I knew what the 'Liner was worth in TX as I'd seen them w/ far less options for 'several thousand' more than we were asking,,, (I fully believe in and agree that the Dealer has to make some money off the deal, and perhaps they are worth a little bit less in AR than TX, but he still had a 'good cushion' to safely make some money on a VERY NICE low mileage Roadliner)

I had already bought my 6 earlier that week,,,Basically told 'em give us 'this much' for the Roadliner on trade for a 2nd 6 or we'll load it up and take it back home to TX.

He blinked first,,,

Madmax
06-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I was in my trade cheap and actually made 500 and rode the bike for a year on the trade . I called Russelville and was ready to hop a plane down and seen the dealer run a auction , contacted them direct we hacked out a deal and I sent them a deposit and rode my trade up the next day and swapped some cash and I was on my way with my new F6B .
I'm not really a red guy but can allways change the color .

Scotrod
06-07-2014, 03:58 PM
I was in my trade cheap and actually made 500 and rode the bike for a year on the trade . .

Ya done good on that one!!!!!! :yes: .notworthy. :yes:

F6B1911
06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
I think I got lucky with my new F6B. There are 5 Honda dealers in my local area, none were interested in selling me a new F6B.
So, I had to rely on the web, searched until I found exactly what I was looking for.
Found a dealer with a left over 2013 in black, with a $4,000.00 discount, then $1,000.00 bonus bucks.
Couldn't pass that up. I didn't even try to trade in my old bike, I just went for the deal.
I got to place the "Sold" sign on it.
The hardest part of the whole deal was finding someone willing to drive me the two hour ride to the dealer so I could drive it home.

opas ride
06-11-2014, 09:14 PM
By chance did you get the bike at Mt.Pleasant Honda?...That's where I got mine last fall..Closer for me than Toledo and I got a great deal..I live in Commerce Twp, and all the Honda dealers around here "suck"....Just curious and ride safe.....

F6B1911
06-12-2014, 10:56 PM
By chance did you get the bike at Mt.Pleasant Honda?...
No, I ended up in Kimball, MI which is a couple of miles from Port Huron.