PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak

LSA376
06-06-2014, 03:11 PM
So, the last few times out I start the bike as I'm getting my helmet on and heard an exhaust leak. Finally got around to investigating what was leaking and I found a small hole on the bottom, leading end of each muffler with exhaust pumping out. Looks like a drain hole however; I do remember ever hearing an exhaust leak when I first bought the bike. Did plugs fall out? Are they all this way? Thanks.

opas ride
06-06-2014, 04:00 PM
If your bike is stock I don't know what it is..My bike has Cobra's on it and after a while I noticed a small amount of rust around the area where the clamps that hold the slip-ons are located. I talked with the people at Cobra and was told it was probably caused by humidity/and damp air that created a small amount of moisture in the pipes. I drilled a very small hole underneath the clamp area on both pipes and no more rusting...In colder weather when I start the bike a small amount of water blows out underneath the bike's pipes, but unless I get down on the ground and stick my ear right next to the pipe I hear nothing......

Steve 0080
06-06-2014, 04:30 PM
+1 above...when my Cobras were new there was quite a bit of water that would blow out the back...once the pipes broke in that stopped ???

LSA376
06-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Stock pipes and each muffler has the same 1/8" hole that has exhaust blowing out. It's actually a loud ticking exhaust leak. Just don't know if there were plugs in the drain holes that fell out?

jakec
06-06-2014, 05:15 PM
LSA, there is not a plug for that hole, I double checked on the parts fiche. It's just a drain hole. I would check the clamps where the muffler attaches to the pipes and if they are good I would take it back to the dealer under warranty.

Ericb445
06-06-2014, 07:26 PM
The holes are there for condensation to drain from the mufflers, they never had plugs in them.
If you think you have a exhaust leak, I would swing by a Dealer for sure.

LSA376
06-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Does anybody else have exhaust coming out the drain holes?

jakec
06-09-2014, 08:03 PM
I have Cobras on but I'm sure all stock exhaust have exhaust coming out that hole.