PDA

View Full Version : Bike Covers

Michael
06-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Greetings and Salutations fellow F6B riders! I'm getting ready for a road trip on the F6B, and wanted a cover in case of heavy rain and or hail while parked at hotels. I have the deluxe and haven't found any that will fit. Has anyone purchased a cover for the deluxe? If so please inform me so that I can check out the website and possibly order. Thank you and enjoy the ride!

Steve 0080
06-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Sorry…I use a sheet…..I was in a hail storm on the Dragon…the sheet would not have helped!!!

Scotrod
06-06-2014, 10:14 PM
As far as 'fit', basically, to the best of my knowledge, there are 2 full covers made for the F6B at or under $100.00.

The Honda OEM cover, which I have and can't really say I'm that thrilled with, or perhaps the Ultra-guard:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/show-chrome-accessories-big-bike-parts-ultra-guard-bagger-cover-for-bagger-style-motorcycles-fixed-fairing-motorcycles-black-charcoal/part/BBP-4-462BC

Cruiser Customizing is a board sponsor and I believe a couple more of our sponsors also offer the Ultra-guard.

I'm sure there are some other 'high-end' covers like Geza and (??) that will fit a 6, but the 2 above are the only ones I know of that were reportedly 'tailored' for a 6.

(If you have a taller than OEM shield, the fitment can ~suffer~ a bit on the OEM cover and 'most likely suffer' on the UG cover. I do not own the UG)

Philbert40
06-08-2014, 09:02 PM
I got mine from Wingstuff. They have a 2 pack that includes a half cover and a full cover. Can't beat the price...I think it was $69.00 for the pair. They both fit real nice.

F6B-RICH
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Sorry…I use a sheet…..

+1 :yes: I also use a sheet in my garage.I use no cover on the road .batman-smilie.

Wenona16
06-14-2014, 09:28 PM
I purchased the F6B cover, put it on for 48 hours while my new bike was sitting in a parking lot in Chicago. When I uncovered it I found that it had damaged the paint across the tail section. Basically along the "seam" on the cover. My dealer tried to fix it and returned me my money for the cover but Honda is unwilling to acknowledge. Sez the paint it still soft until it has been exposed to the sun for at least 30 days. Shouldn't have covered it so soon. But it is a '13 and has been on the dealers floor for almost a year. So cover with caution.