PDA

View Full Version : alright, i'm an idiot...

coachk
06-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Leaving for our Colorado trip tomorrow for the week so figured I'd take my girls to the waterpark this past Saturday...sunscreened them all up and decided I'd try and even out my farmers tan a little. Well, needless to say I burned the POOP outta myself and now get to ride for 13 hours tomorrow with clothes flapping against my feels-like 3rd degree sunburn!!:icon_doh:

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Aloe Vera my son....

coffee_weasle
06-07-2014, 07:24 PM
sounds like something i'd do..... leaving for a 3 week trip this tuesday.... decided to walk across the living room in the dark last night to lock the front door... stubbed my toe so bad i broke off a nail bleeding like a pig,,, now my boot fits "not so nice", this should be interesting, DOH

Honda Raider
06-07-2014, 10:04 PM
When we aren't wearing our mesh jackets (because it gets pretty hot down here in Texas), we use white bicyclist sleeves instead of sunscreen. You can get them at Sun and Ski sporting stores. They protect and cool your arms while riding. Highly recommended. Good luck with the "peeling" to come.

Paul B Blues
06-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Oh I don't envy you, have a bath in after sun. Good luck with the ride back :biker:

kcmike
06-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Probably too late to help the poor guy, and I know it sounds crazy, but make up some iced tea and dab tea, generously, all over. Repeat as needed. The tannic acid in the tea draws out the heat and almost completely numbs the pain. Learned this from an older couple in Daytona when I was 19 and had burned myself so badly that beachgoers were coming up to me and telling me I needed to get out of the sun.

Good luck

coachk
06-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the advice! We made it up here and only got rained on twice! I wore a tight underarmour shirt under my t shirt to keep flapping on my skin a minimum...actually wasn't too bad!

SmallPasture
06-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Leaving for our Colorado trip tomorrow for the week so figured I'd take my girls to the waterpark this past Saturday...sunscreened them all up and decided I'd try and even out my farmers tan a little. Well, needless to say I burned the POOP outta myself and now get to ride for 13 hours tomorrow with clothes flapping against my feels-like 3rd degree sunburn!!:icon_doh:

I feel for ya coachk!!! I Played volleyball last weekend (1st time in many years) knowing I had to ride 5 hours home the next morning. The words of my dad came to mind and I'm sure they fit for your.

Dad.... "Boy, if your gunna be stupid, ya better be tough!":banghead:

coachk
06-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Well we made it back last night, and I WON'T be doing that again!!! Lesson learned!! I'm just glad nobody had to listen to me whine the whole way up there!!haha

I feel for ya coachk!!! I Played volleyball last weekend (1st time in many years) knowing I had to ride 5 hours home the next morning. The words of my dad came to mind and I'm sure they fit for your.

Dad.... "Boy, if your gunna be stupid, ya better be tough!":banghead:

jaygollner
06-14-2014, 05:34 PM
After riding to Indy and back today 300 miles give or take I knew as soon as I saw this thread that I needed a pair so I ordered two different kinds from amazon, I hope at least one pair fits okay.