PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis '14

choptop
06-08-2014, 04:17 PM
I am planning on going this year, been a few for me. Will be staying at Glencoe Camp grounds. http://www.glencoecamp.com/siterun_data/entertainment/2014/. They have a lot of shade, showers and tittie alley. lol
Right outside the gate is the Full Throttle Saloon, Bands, huge bar and other entertainment.
Glencoe is about 3 miles from downtown Sturgis, only negative to me is that it is on the wrong side of Sturgis to get to sites and ridinig.

Anybody else going?

Razco53
06-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Not going to the rally this year, But I will be going to the hills in a couple weeks on the F6B. Our Daughter lives in Rapid City. We are waiting for the 75th anniversary rally in 2015.

Kfad
06-08-2014, 10:41 PM
I have tickets for Broken Spoke and the Chip, love the concerts at the Chip but hate the refugee camping there. Stayed at the Spoke the last four years.

marmilia
06-08-2014, 11:08 PM
The wife and I are going with a few friends, renting a bunkhouse at the Broken Arrow campground just outside of Custer. We thought it would be nice to stay a little ways away from Sturgis and we have stayed there before and the people are great there.

Marv

choptop
06-09-2014, 03:03 AM
I have tickets for Broken Spoke and the Chip, love the concerts at the Chip but hate the refugee camping there. Stayed at the Spoke the last four years.

I bet that pool is nice on the hot days.

celewis
06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
If everything goes according to plan I will be attending this year. And it will be the first long distance ride for me and my 6 coming from Northern New Jersey...

Kfad
06-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I bet that pool is nice on the hot days.

Great place to unwind after day trips and before the concerts

MSGT-R
06-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Hook is going (different thread), and I'm going too. I'll be at Elkgrove with my sister and brother in law.

Hook
06-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Hook is going (different thread), and I'm going too. I'll be at Elkgrove with my sister and brother in law.:lolup::icon_mrgreen:

choptop
07-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Heading out the afternoon of the 29th, moteling it in Huron, then Sturgis on the 30th.

MSGT-R
07-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Damn, there's a lot of crap to pack, and I consider myself a light-packer (USMC-style).
I had to go out and buy a smaller sleeping bag so I don't stuff-up my saddlebag too much.
It's a good thing my sister is bringing the large tent or I'd have to go get a small one of those too.

choptop
07-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Damn, there's a lot of crap to pack, and I consider myself a light-packer (USMC-style).
I had to go out and buy a smaller sleeping bag so I don't stuff-up my saddlebag too much.
It's a good thing my sister is bringing the large tent or I'd have to go get a small one of those too.

That's why I bought the Bushtec, have no seastar to haul things. lol

MSGT-R
07-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Well, everything fit into the two saddlebags, and I'm glad I don't have to pack a tent.
My smuggler is still free for the small stuff. :yes:

choptop
07-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Well, everything fit into the two saddlebags, and I'm glad I don't have to pack a tent.
My smuggler is still free for the small stuff. :yes:

When are you guys arriving and is anyone setting up a meet ?

MSGT-R
07-17-2014, 12:12 PM
I hadn't planned on anything, I'm going there at the request of my sister; I'm retired now and no longer have an excuse to avoid Harley-Hell.
Me, in a sea of drunken leather and ugly-ass women in pasties just don't mix, but my sister likes to people-watch. :shrug:

choptop
07-17-2014, 06:39 PM
I hadn't planned on anything, I'm going there at the request of my sister; I'm retired now and no longer have an excuse to avoid Harley-Hell.
Me, in a sea of drunken leather and ugly-ass women in pasties just don't mix, but my sister likes to people-watch. :shrug:

SO had no desire to go and is down w/the sciatic nerve thing so I am going w/a couple of guys, staying at Glencoe camp grounds. Love people watching myself hoping for the pretty one in pasties.:icon_biggrin:

Hook
07-17-2014, 09:51 PM
I will be leaving Thursday the 31st from Lakewood calif. I will be riding out with a couple of buddys. I have never been so every mile is going to be a blast...In our group there will be about 14-16 riders we have rented 2 houses somewhere out there. My group has been there many times and that's what will make the trip more fun for me. So whos ever going and HOPE to meet up we should PM each others phone # I was told by my group that to plan on putting on an extra 100 miles+ on our bikes while we are there. I will be there from Saturday to Sunday. Hook

MSGT-R
07-19-2014, 08:25 AM
.. Love people watching myself hoping for the pretty one in pasties.:icon_biggrin:

Don't blink, and be prepared to hassle a crowd of drooling guys in leather if you see one.:icon_rolleyes:

Hook: (Riverside area code) Two five nine, ninety six fifty.

choptop
07-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Don't blink, and be prepared to hassle a crowd of drooling guys in leather if you see one.:icon_rolleyes:

Hook: (Riverside area code) Two five nine, ninety six fifty.

So true but most woman look some what sexy on a bike, if they have the majority of their teeth and not a beer gut bigger than mine.:yikes::icon_lol:

MSGT-R
07-19-2014, 04:38 PM
:lolup: You have low standards..

choptop
07-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Alcohol can have a way of doing that. bseg

choptop
07-22-2014, 05:10 PM
MSGT-R, was nice to talk to you, possible see you in Sturgis. Remember to keep it quiet after 10. lol

In getting ready for Sturgis, an oil change is in order, read way to much and decided on Lucas 10W30 synthetic and the K&N 204, I think it is. Will get her up on the lift and check everything I have touched. lol

This time next week I should be a couple of hours from Huron and the last bed, oops, I have the floor, for a while.

S O came down w/herniated disk pressing on the sciatic nerve, 3 weeks ago, can not work, constant muscle spasms w/pain has to use a cane and has not me as good meal since this started ! lol Has not leaned toward hinting/gilt trip thing yet, about going, I am starting to train the dog to bark uncontrollable if she goes down and am willing to buy her one of the those loud air horn things to attract attention.

Might have to leave a little earlier before she gets any ideas.

choptop
07-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Change of plans, leaving early Tuesday morning, riding straight threw, 700 miles, yea ha.

Chris Hagen
07-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Taking off from Fargo on the 31st. Staying in spearfish and will start every morning driving down the canyon, on to Custer, around the needles, up iron horse, through deadwood or rapid city then to JP cycles in sturgis and downtown for food :). Have to drive a little bit in the hills.

choptop
07-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Taking off from Fargo on the 31st. Staying in spearfish and will start every morning driving down the canyon, on to Custer, around the needles, up iron horse, through deadwood or rapid city then to JP cycles in sturgis and downtown for food :). Have to drive a little bit in the hills.

That's why we are getting their early, to get some good riding in before the hoard hits the roads.

choptop
07-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Today and tomorrow evening are my last prep times. Changing oil / filter today and to check everything that I have touched since I got the 6.

Then to pack the trailer, bought a Coleman 2000 generator, small swimming pool, screen tent, tent, chair, tarps, carafe, tall twin mattress, blow up doll...

MSGT-R
07-27-2014, 06:02 PM
:lolup: Blow up doll..

Leaving the morning of the 3rd from Denver, stopping @ Corbin's digs before ending up at the campground.

Kfad
07-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Heading out early the 31st should arrive late afternoon on the 1st. Hope to see a few of you on the rides.

Hook
07-29-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm leaving Lakewood ca. at 4am on Thursday..Going to stop at the Chevron station by 5am and meet up with other riders at hwy 138. then meet with 2 more riders in Yermo at Ghost town rd at 6am for a bite to eat on the road by 7am...So if anybody wants to meet up we will there on saturday...Hook 562-630-5959

PS we will staying one night in Utah and the second night in Wyoming :yikes:

choptop
07-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Road to 730 miles straight through pulling the loaded to the brim Bushtec trailer.
Averaging 80 miles per hour. 30 miles to the gallon.
Didn't even know it was back there , very happy with that purchase. 150 miles riding the Black Hills yesterday 200 today.
Did I say I love this bike.

bobbyf6b
08-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Road to 730 miles straight through pulling the loaded to the brim Bushtec trailer.
Averaging 80 miles per hour. 30 miles to the gallon.
Didn't even know it was back there , very happy with that purchase. 150 miles riding the Black Hills yesterday 200 today.
Did I say I love this bike.

:postpics:

MSGT-R
08-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't think they are home yet.. I got back last night.

The bike caused a stir wherever I went. People came up and asked all sorts of questions. Wives were tugging at their husbands sleeves or tapping on their shoulders and pointing. Several wives drug their husbands into the Corbin compound to look at my bike parked there. I probably sold several F6Bs this week. :icon_rolleyes:

Who is that with the yellow Bushtec? Choptop?
I blasted past him near Cheyenne on my way to the gas station, and found him again in Lusk.
Him and his buddy turned off to their destination before the Black Hills.

Then I prayed upon some Harleys in the pass. :shhh: passed them like last weeks laundry.

choptop
08-09-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't think they are home yet.. I got back last night.

The bike caused a stir wherever I went. People came up and asked all sorts of questions. Wives were tugging at their husbands sleeves or tapping on their shoulders and pointing. Several wives drug their husbands into the Corbin compound to look at my bike parked there. I probably sold several F6Bs this week. :icon_rolleyes:

I blasted past him near Cheyenne on my way to the gas station, and found him again in Lusk.
Him and his buddy turned off to their destination before the Black Hills.

Then I prayed upon some Harleys in the pass. :shhh: passed them like last weeks laundry.

Not me, I have a black Bushtec and dropped/locked it in camp on the 29th and didn't move again till the next Monday, kinda liked the attention. lol

MSGT-R
08-09-2014, 10:26 PM
I know the guy's in here; he has LED strip lights on the back of the bike and a yellow trailer.
He wouldn't tell me his screen name, but I know I've seen the bike before..

Hook caught up with me at Corbin, so he'll be posting pics soon (I think).

Sorry I wasn't more social, I had my hands full with my sister and brother in law. He's recovering from triple bypass surgery less than 6 months ago.

RcBtx1999
08-10-2014, 10:21 AM
We are already planning and making reservations for a house in STURGIS. 75th is going to be a big deal and I bet the prices rise exponencially. Still a good ride there from TX and a bunch of fun. Glencoe will be our 2nd choice if a house is not available.:stirthepot:

choptop
08-10-2014, 10:36 AM
We are already planning and making reservations for a house in STURGIS. 75th is going to be a big deal and I bet the prices rise exponencially. Still a good ride there from TX and a bunch of fun. Glencoe will be our 2nd choice if a house is not available.:stirthepot:

Stayed at Glencoe this time out and the previous 6 or so times. Like it, plenty of shade, good food, Full Throttle and Beaver bar right out the gate and dare I say it, Da Bobbies. Only down side is going threw town to get anywere and that is a pain after opening day, thats why we go early and leave early.

If I go next year, club is organizing a Sturgis/Black Hills/Yellowstone ride next June/July, I will stay at Glencoe.

MSGT-R
08-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I don't know.. too much noise and crowds for me. I saw everything I wanted to see in town over two days.
If I go again, it will be for some black hills rides and national monuments away from the hussle. I found Deadwood more interesting than Sturgis.

I don't want to do it in a tent again.

Kfad
08-16-2014, 02:32 PM

Hook
08-17-2014, 09:15 PM
I just got home from my 4500+ ride:icon_biggrin: After Sturgis I went to see some old friends and one pair I haven't seen in over 40 years:icon_redface: I rode down to Oklahoma and saw some of my friends from the show Street Outlaws. Then to Colorado the thru Arizona and home....
I took a lot of pictures and they are the same everybody has seen before....But here's two that I thought where cool:icon_doh:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/photo51_zpsa127c9bc.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/photo51_zpsa127c9bc.jpg.html)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/photo50_zps210825eb.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/photo50_zps210825eb.jpg.html)

MSGT-R
08-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Hook, you are the coolest! :icon_mrgreen:

You should have rung my phone if you were passing through Denver.

Oh, and send a copy of that pic to Rick over at Wing Stuff! :clap2:

Hook
08-19-2014, 09:59 PM
I loved So. Dakota and I did not want to come home back to the Bull Shit of California....I have 2 more years till I retire and I may be moving.

jorgebri60
10-17-2014, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=MSGT-R;41479]I don't think they are home yet.. I got back last night.

That would have been me :D

MSGT-R
10-24-2014, 07:42 PM
You and your friend turned off sooo far before Sturgis; where did you stay?

jorgebri60
10-26-2014, 12:52 AM
You and your friend turned off sooo far before Sturgis; where did you stay?

We were staying in Spearfish so where we turned off was the quickest way there. We saw you up at the Corbin Booth the next day.

choptop
10-26-2014, 07:53 PM
No yellow Bushtec for me, black is beautiful. lol

jorgebri60
11-05-2014, 06:25 PM
No yellow Bushtec for me, black is beautiful. lol

I was going to paint it Black, but you know...it's such a nice paintjob and everyone tells me I'm more visible with the yellow, I just left it. What the heck..hey, see, even sarge remembers the guy with the yellow bushtech :clap2:
Looks like a bumblebee.'school-bus;9543