PDA

View Full Version : Test Road on the 6 from the VTX1800r Guy

GentleDoum
06-09-2014, 12:19 PM
First of all, i'd like to thank all of you for the answers about my questions concerning the appreciation and the differences between the X and the 6.
i did my test road this morning, over an hour, all alone, with the bike from the dealer.
Sunny day, great temperature, no traffic.
This morning i was really in a position to appreciate the road.
Was a test drive... so i tested drive it!
Amazing. Powerful:icon_razz::icon_razz:, easy going, incredible in curves (still don t get it about the comments on scratching the pegs). Abs breaks are solids!

What i missed? beh.....! a 11 or 13 windshield (i m 5,10) and floorboards (still not sure do. big feet... afraid they will be to much backward compare to the vtx which i loved on that point so i will see) and highway pegs!
The actual pegs, from my point of view were a little too small for my big feet...

Negative point could be a few pieces of plastic seemed... hum.... el cheapo. I SAID FEW PIECES!

WHAT i'd like to add? heated grips, fogs, highway pegs, access plug, back rest and rack, windshield 11 or 13, floorboards(?), and .... just a little chrome (can t help it)

Special needs : -I d like to find a small medium trunk easy to fix and easy to take out on the small rack. (no round givi ones... sorry... i don t like)
- A nice bra to cover the fairing for long rides (bugs had a party on my fairing this morning... dirty job and i'm not cleaning it this time!)

I will try to find all the good parts at a good price (let me know if i missed something)

After coming home from my test drive, i looked at my Sweet Vtx.... told her i loved her but i had to let her go for another one.
Love is a strong thing. Can't fight against it.

i already have a buyer for my VTX...

I'm going out of country in july so i will get it in august.
i will give a deposit on my futur love to reserve it. she will be mine.

Any advises or comments, i'll be listening.
thanks again, you were right :........... i just love this bike:icon_razz:

Scotrod
06-09-2014, 12:34 PM
:icon_biggrin:

WELCOME!!!!

opas ride
06-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Tough decision my friend, but you will not regret it as you become more used to the F6B...It is one super ride and I really love mine so far!!

Slingah
06-09-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't miss the VTX........the F6B is BEAST!

BubbaJePH
06-09-2014, 07:35 PM
I sure would like to do a test ride in Virginia but none of the local dealers do that. ;tp;

Bob the bike
06-10-2014, 04:39 PM
I fitted a small (35 ltr) Honda trunk. Can be used as a backrest with pillion passenger, or remove when riding solo.

Bob the bike
06-10-2014, 05:11 PM
I should have included this photo showing the trunk removed. Genuine Honda rack and trunk from a CBF1000 FA, adapted with the use of rack mounting brackets from Pete at MP3.

GentleDoum
06-10-2014, 09:22 PM
I sure would like to do a test ride in Virginia but none of the local dealers do that. ;tp;

Sorry to hear about that. They all should offer it. The more people try it the more they will get addictive ones! Good luck buddy! I love it!

GentleDoum
06-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't miss the VTX........the F6B is BEAST!

After my great test drive i can tell you.... You are right! Wow ! And wow again! Delivery bext week! Could not wait!

GentleDoum
06-10-2014, 09:25 PM
I fitted a small (35 ltr) Honda trunk. Can be used as a backrest with pillion passenger, or remove when riding solo.
Thanks for the tip! I will take a look!