PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the MotoPumps Mini Pro Inflator

MotoPumps
06-09-2014, 08:14 PM
After building thousands and thousands of my original MotoPumps and periodically trying to expand production, I have finally put all the pieces together. The key has been partnering with some great folks in the industry whose contacts included engineers and a factory connection that let me do the quality we demanded and the production run sizes that we required. Previously, I could never get beyond the hurdle of minimum orders of 20k to 50k pieces. I don't have $500,000.00 to invest in that first order.

In 2013 we launched the effort and drew up requirements, performance specs, size, weight, duty cycle, features, etc. The new MotoPump MiniPro inflator is a unique combination of size, weight, features and performance that don't exist in any other product on the market. While the MiniPro will work well on cars and trucks, it has been designed with the Motorcycle/Scooter/ATV market in mind. As an avid ADVer, our needs have been the central guiding forces in design and features.

Because of the engineering expertise and excellent factory connection, we have also gotten an impressive set of certifications with the product: The factory is ISO9001/TS16949/ISO14001. The MiniPro is TUV certified, RoHS compliant and CE certified. There is no other pump on the market with this pedigree.

Here are a few photos:

http://motopumps.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/MotoPumps-Products/i-xKSC7hT/0/X2/motopumps_light-X2.jpg

http://motopumps.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/MotoPumps-Products/i-SBw7VVZ/0/X2/motopumps_34inflator-X2.jpg

http://motopumps.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/MotoPumps-Products/i-mXrB28h/0/X2/motopumps_front-X2.jpg

http://motopumps.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/MotoPumps-Products/i-L2Mrpnn/0/X2/motopumps_inflator_hose-X2.jpg

Features:

Compact 2" x 4.5" x 5.75" High Impact Case
Light Weight at 18oz with Accessories On-Board
Main power cord with SAE plug 6.5' reach Stores Onboard
Cig plug to SAE cord 3.5" reach for a total of 10', Stores Onboard
Integrated Polarity Protection Circuit lights up if Polarity is Reversed (instead of letting all the smoke out)
Durable Polyurethane 3.5' Coiled Air Hose with Zero Loss Connector stores Onboard.
Three "sports" inflator fittings store on board for inflating sleeping pads, rafts, balls, etc. Stores Onboard.
Accurate, back-lit pressure gauge is easy to read in any lighting condition.
Bright LED work light automatically illuminates and makes it a snap to use the MiniPro at night. Ever try finding the schrader valve in the dark, under your bike?
Deluxe kits will also include additional connectors, ring terminal to SAE for installation on the vehicle and battery clips for use with any 12v system, as well as a durable neoprene case with a second storage compartment.
The pump draws less than 5 amps (CAN bus compatible!) at 50 psi and has no heat issues in continuous use. It will fill a Gold Wing rear tire to 42 psi in just under 5 minutes, and a front in about 3.5 minutes. The pump moves about .5 CFM for those thinking about filling rafts, sleeping mats, etc.

We just returned from Americade where we had a booth for the week. It was great to demo the pump (and Dynaplug Tubeless Tire Plugging System) for the touring crowd there. I am working on setting up special pricing on my website to match what we offered at the show. In the mean time, please take a look at THIS thread on ADV Rider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931816) and take advantage of the discounted pricing there, or PM me with your PayPal address and I will send an invoice for easy purchase.

MSRP is $79.99

F6B forum price is $69.99 for the Deluxe kit with the MotoPumps Mini Pro, Heavy Duty Neoprene Case with extra connectors (battery clips and ring terminals to SAE) in addition to the SAE plug and Cig plug stored on board the pump. We also have a combo deal with the Dynaplug Ultralite Plugging Tool for $89.99, a savings of $20 off MSRP. (More Info on the Dynaplug Tools Here) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871113)

I am confident that you will find this to be the best 12v inflator on the market!

Let me know what questions you have!

Ride Safe!
Rob

Scotrod
06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Just thinkin' out loud,,,,

Couple things,,,

I assume the back is as flat as the front,,, If so, it would accept a big ole swath of industrial Velcro,,,

The 6 saddlebags have some 'space' in the back that might be the appropriate size,,,

Wondering if I could Velcro this inside to very rear wall of the bag,,, 'semi-vertical',,, Maybe up high, maybe low, but 'back',,, Could actually be anywhere, but just trying to make use of a 'nook or cranny' that's otherwise vacant,,,

Currently have the Slime kit, but it just kinda slides around, even with mats,,, Not bad, but it might be pretty slick to stick/secure one of these in a corner of a bag outta sight/outta mind/outta the way,,, (Kinda like a Magnetic key box)

I can see where the ADV guys (And many others) would like the case/maybe the extra wiring,,,. The compressor alone would work for me.

Also,,, hose. Some compressors have 'plastic' hoses/lines that eventually get brittle/fail. I see this one has a polyurethane hose. We use some polyurethane in construction that's extremely durable, but I'm not familiar with 'hoses',,, Are there other similar hoses in use / available for viewing out in the ~ normal~ everyday world? Something a person could say, "I've seen that before?"

Thanks!

MotoPumps
06-10-2014, 09:13 AM
See comments below in bold:

Just thinkin' out loud,,,,

Couple things,,,

I assume the back is as flat as the front,,, If so, it would accept a big ole swath of industrial Velcro,,,

Yup, the back is flat and the pump does fit nicely in the back of the saddle bags.

The 6 saddlebags have some 'space' in the back that might be the appropriate size,,,

Wondering if I could Velcro this inside to very rear wall of the bag,,, 'semi-vertical',,, Maybe up high, maybe low, but 'back',,, Could actually be anywhere, but just trying to make use of a 'nook or cranny' that's otherwise vacant,,,

The 3M Posi Lock industrial "velcro" would definitely hold it back there until needed.

Currently have the Slime kit, but it just kinda slides around, even with mats,,, Not bad, but it might be pretty slick to stick/secure one of these in a corner of a bag outta sight/outta mind/outta the way,,, (Kinda like a Magnetic key box)

I can see where the ADV guys (And many others) would like the case/maybe the extra wiring,,,. The compressor alone would work for me.

That is actually what started the MotoPumps business. Building stripped down "caseless" pumps that were as small and light as possible. Still building those, but starting to phase them out as the Mini Pro's sales have taken off. The onboard backlit pressure gauge and LED work light are really handy, especially in the dark or for finding the valve stem on the rear tire.

Also,,, hose. Some compressors have 'plastic' hoses/lines that eventually get brittle/fail. I see this one has a polyurethane hose. We use some polyurethane in construction that's extremely durable, but I'm not familiar with 'hoses',,, Are there other similar hoses in use / available for viewing out in the ~ normal~ everyday world? Something a person could say, "I've seen that before?"

That is why we chose the polyurethane material for the hose. It is tough and basically inert. It stays flexible, "heals" if creased, is unaffected by UV light and is strong. The bursting pressure is way, way, way over what the pump can produce.

Thanks!

Really pleased with how the pump has been received by the riding public. No other pump out there combines the features found in the MotoPumps Mini Pro.

Rob

Scotrod
06-10-2014, 10:16 AM
:icon_wink:
I've been following Motopumps for a while before this thread,,, Really hard to find any negative talk about 'em, other than perhaps a little expensive, but, 'cheaper' isn't always best,,,, The Pro has a good array of features and there are more expensive pumps out there, so :shrug:

When I spoke of earlier of 'no case', I should have clarified with 'no neoprene carrying case', not really a case-less / 'raw pump' design. While a raw pump would be about as compact as possible, the 'secret stowage' method I spoke of earlier would be best suited to the Pro.

I need to make a cardboard template of the Pro's footprint and see if there are any ~custom~ stowage locations in my 6's bags... An area that never really gets used by my luggage/liners, or other 'semi-normal' stuff,,,,

miramiramira
06-10-2014, 02:08 PM
where is it manufactured?

MotoPumps
06-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Long Standing, high-end factory in Taiwan. USA would be my first choice, but the value, certifications, quality and consistency that the factory brings to the game is hard to match.

Rob

F6BPDX
07-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Just ordered up a pro kit with the dyna plug set as well. Figured it would be good to have since my ride to the F6B NW Rally is 500 miles through some areas of not a whole lot (as in called 3 places to find a gas station that was open on a Sunday when planning my route).

MotoPumps
07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Getting some great press out there...

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/07/10/gear-2/motopumps-releases-mini-pro-tire-inflator/

MotoPumps
07-13-2014, 01:53 PM
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/07/11/motopumps-mini-pro-tire-inflator/

CheckpointChcky
07-14-2014, 08:49 PM
I just ordered one.

Ray H
07-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Just placed my order for a mini Pro Combo Kit. Just like insurance, hope to carry it indefinitely and never have to use it.

MotoPumps
07-16-2014, 05:46 AM
Thanks Ray!

It is always best to use it on someone else's bike! I think you will find it very convenient for even checking air pressure and airing up a pound or two...

Shipping out this morning.

Ride Safe!
Rob

CheckpointChcky
07-16-2014, 05:58 PM
I got mine today....it is so darn little and cute. Will really fit in the saddlebag and I can use it on the tires of my lawn tractor and lawn wagon. Cool.

MotoPumps
08-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Honorable Mention, Best Motorcycle Product of 2014!

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/best-motorcycle-product-2014.html

By Evans Brasfield

We don’t stumble across products that perform a simple-but-necessary task that manages to stop us in our tracks very often. However, when the new Mini Pro Inflator from MotoPumps arrived just this week, we were stunned at the thought that went into this 12-volt air pump. Essentially, MotoPumps has released a product in an already well-established market, yet defined its offering through convenience, size and motorsports-focused portability.

While the 2″ x 4.75″ x 5.75″ form factor is too large to fit under most motorcycles’ seats, it will easily accommodate itself to hard or soft bags. In that neat, little package comes an LED light, an LED backlit gauge, a total of 10 feet of cable to reach your power source, and a pump capable of producing 50 psi – all weighing in at only 18 oz. Since it draws less than 5 amps, it is also CAN BUS compatible for BMW riders. A variety of connection options are available. When tested on a flat 190/50-17 rear tire, the Mini Pro inflated it from 0 psi to 36 psi in 7.5 minutes when powered from the bike’s battery.

The Mini Pro is available directly from MotoPumps as a pump only for $69.99. Spending an extra $10 for the Deluxe Kit includes a heavy-duty neoprene case, battery clips and battery terminal rings. Look for a full review of the Deluxe Kit soon, but know that we’re already very impressed with the quality of its design and execution.

VP8
08-12-2014, 12:16 PM
I just placed my order....gotta be prepared. Don't want to get stranded in the middle of no where with no cell service. :039:

CheckpointChcky
08-18-2014, 06:15 PM
I finally used this pump to put air in my lawn tractor tires as well as my bicycle tires tonight. It works great!