PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
06-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Does anyone have rear brake scrapping like rotor is warped or something.My local dealer says its normal for a goldwing. Oh I might add its the same service department that hasnt head of the hesitation issues that I also have. To remidy the scrapping sound of rear brake
he has the mechanic sand rotors. Yea that a fix?? Oh the scrapping gets worse the longer i ride. My thinking I have a warped rotor.I have had this problem since I got the bike.Almost 14k on it

Thanks for any input

jakec
06-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Jay there is a slight amount of drag on the rotors, the only thing that pulls the pads open is the L shaped seal on the calipers piston. If the drag is only on certain spots on the rotor then it may be warped. hold a pencil on the drive shaft with the point very close to the rotor and spin the wheel you should be able to see if the rotor is warped. If it is showing a weave then you need to get a dial indicator and stand and find out how much. If you ride hard you can warp the rotors by getting them to hot, I have done this but then I held the brake on slightly, heated them back up and brought them back within tolerance but it's usually the front ones.

Dmoon64
06-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Mine does that as well. Especially noticeable after riding a while. Tried eyeballing the rear rotor for any irregularity, but didn't see anything. I live with it for now. It is noticeable, but not quite to the level of irritation for me.

I had the hesitation issue as well. Replaced the stock spark pugs for the NGK's. Seemed to cure the issue for me, but I'm not sure lately. I noticed it again on Saturdays ride. Not going to pay for the $350 reflash mentioned on the Goldwing boards if it is back. I'd get rid of it before throwing good money after bad.

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
06-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Jay there is a slight amount of drag on the rotors, the only thing that pulls the pads open is the L shaped seal on the calipers piston. If the drag is only on certain spots on the rotor then it may be warped. hold a pencil on the drive shaft with the point very close to the rotor and spin the wheel you should be able to see if the rotor is warped. If it is showing a weave then you need to get a dial indicator and stand and find out how much. If you ride hard you can warp the rotors by getting them to hot, I have done this but then I held the brake on slightly, heated them back up and brought them back within tolerance but it's usually the front ones.

Thanks so much very good information I really appriciated the info

Jay

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
06-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Mine does that as well. Especially noticeable after riding a while. Tried eyeballing the rear rotor for any irregularity, but didn't see anything. I live with it for now. It is noticeable, but not quite to the level of irritation for me.

I had the hesitation issue as well. Replaced the stock spark pugs for the NGK's. Seemed to cure the issue for me, but I'm not sure lately. I noticed it again on Saturdays ride. Not going to pay for the $350 reflash mentioned on the Goldwing boards if it is back. I'd get rid of it before throwing good money after bad.

Thanks you I will try the plugs Ride safe

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
06-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks you I will try the plugs Ride safe

oh what was the number of the NGK plugs thanks

Dmoon64
06-12-2014, 09:40 AM
NKG Iridium BKR6EIX-11 #3764 .40 Gap.

It was listed in this thread.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1836-It-s-geting-time-to-service-my-bike&p=22932&highlight=iridium+plugs#post22932

Also talked about in this thread.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?544-Help-Engine-Hesitation/page4

Search on hesitation or cold hesitation. Some bikes have it and some bikes don't. For those that have it it is a pretty annoying trait. The spark plug change cured it for me.