PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F6B …. Things that I would like to see

Phantom
06-13-2014, 12:56 PM
:cheers:

Honda corporate DOES visit our website, they do read our posts so here is one for them ….

For the 40TH Anniversary Edition Goldwings …..
I would like to see on the 2015 F6B the following …..

1. Cruise control
2. ABS (for USA)
3. Removable Trunk
4. 2100cc engine with 6th gear
5. CLEAR-COAT on all colors
6. Electric taller windshield
7. Redesigned seat with back support

I don't care what the added cost is …. just build it !!!! I want Serial #1 as described above ( K200001 ) :icon_cool::yes:

AND if at all possible ……
8. Red, Blue or White with CHROME and chromed wheels :tomatohit:hiding.under.chair

Dmoon64
06-13-2014, 01:02 PM
They do that and Honda dealers won't be able to give the 2013 and 2014 models away.

CarolinaRider
06-13-2014, 01:44 PM
White with Chrome, I would take a hit on mine for that.

I have seen a few fully dressed HD's that are White and they always get my head to turn.

Elroy
06-13-2014, 01:48 PM

I have seen a few fully dressed HD's that are White and they always get my head to turn.

:icon_ditto: White w/ black side panels would be slick!

bobbyf6b
06-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Cruise and a detachable passenger backrest for me.

2100cc? Why not 2500? :icon_mrgreen:

Phantom
06-13-2014, 02:03 PM

I have NOT let go of my beautiful White with Chrome 30th Anniversary GL1800 Goldwing yet. It's a beautiful Clear-coated Artic White Goldwing with only 6,000+/- miles ….. Chrome fender extension, Chrome belly exhaust covers, chrome foglight-engine cover, chrome frame covers.

Patiently waiting for her prettier 2015 F6B replacement :shrug:

MotoPumps
06-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Pearl White with Black Panels

ABS
Cruise Control
Radio Delete
Optional Removable Top Trunk
Adjustable Shield (electric would be nice, but not a must)
Adjustable Suspension (more adjustable than it is, at least)
Bags Release/opening without key in rear lock

Roughly in that order of importance...

MSGT-R
06-13-2014, 02:21 PM
.. a really dark, sparkly silver would be nice.

hiflyer
06-13-2014, 02:47 PM

Honda corporate DOES visit our website, they do read our posts so here is one for them ….

1. Cruise control
2. ABS (for USA)
3. Removable Trunk

I don't care what the added cost is …. just build it !!!! I want Serial #1 as described above ( K200001 ) :icon_cool::yes

8. Red, Blue or White with CHROME and chromed wheels :tomatohit:hiding.under.chair

Removable trunk is great, if you recall I had morphed one to mine that was easily removed, then sold the trunk to a Harley buddy. Last week he traded his Harley for a new full Goldwing and I got it back. Put it back on the "6" last night. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!

Retired Army
06-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Come on guys black is the new chrome. :stirthepot::icon_deadhorse:

opas ride
06-13-2014, 03:01 PM
If you guys want all that "stuff" why not just buy a 2015 Goldwing and be done with it??...I'd be very surprised if Honda does all that extra bling when they have the GW and the Valkyrie already in the line up with the F6B as it is.....

djohncline
06-13-2014, 03:24 PM
They do that and Honda dealers won't be able to give the 2013 and 2014 models away.

Hell they are giving them away, in Denver I've seen them 0.0miles for 15500. I paid 21900 WTF. Should have waited 13 months.

F6BPDX
06-13-2014, 04:15 PM
If you guys want all that "stuff" why not just buy a 2015 Goldwing and be done with it??...I'd be very surprised if Honda does all that extra bling when they have the GW and the Valkyrie already in the line up with the F6B as it is.....

:icon_ditto: You're asking to add back basically all of the things that drove me towards the F6B in the first place. Sure I would have bought it with ABS and Cruise, but it certainly was nowhere near a deal breaker. I don't want a 6th gear, or 2100cc because there is no need for them on a bike like this and they would just add weight. I will eventually buy a Mutazu trunk to give my daughter (now 6) a wrap around backrest but I can do that for $150, and not need to worry about paying Honda a premium for it as it won't be on more than once or twice a year. I don't want a big tall wind screen, I don't want a bunch of bling, etc.

I think Honda is doing just fine without screwing around with it 2 years in and jacking up the aftermarket availability of stuff.

opas ride
06-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Hell they are giving them away, in Denver I've seen them 0.0miles for 15500. I paid 21900 WTF. Should have waited 13 months.

I agree with John on this one...I bought mine last year September and got what I considered to be a good price..Now you can buy the damn things OTD for $16,000 and change...I am not planning on selling mine for a long time so no big deal for me, but it really "pisses me off" when Honda pulls this crap and dealers get huge "kick-backs" from Mother Honda to unload un-sold bikes!!!..Just my .02cents...

Phantom
06-13-2014, 04:57 PM
If you guys want all that "stuff" why not just buy a 2015 Goldwing and be done with it??......

I might just do that but prefer a removable trunk that looks OEM.

F6BPDX
06-13-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree with John on this one...I bought mine last year September and got what I considered to be a good price..Now you can buy the damn things OTD for $16,000 and change...I am not planning on selling mine for a long time so no big deal for me, but it really "pisses me off" when Honda pulls this crap and dealers get huge "kick-backs" from Mother Honda to unload un-sold bikes!!!..Just my .02cents...

If $16k pisses ya off then don't click this link...

http://www.motosporthillsboro.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=488371&p=2&s=Year&d=A&i=%2Fimglib%2Ftrimsdb%2F1142471-0-794741.png

Brand new red standard for $12,999 from the same dealer I bought my deluxe from for $17,000

Gperson
06-13-2014, 07:01 PM

http://www.motosporthillsboro.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=488371&p=2&s=Year&d=A&i=%2Fimglib%2Ftrimsdb%2F1142471-0-794741.png

Brand new red standard for $12,999 from the same dealer I bought my deluxe from for $17,000

Wow!!!
Proves they can't give the "red ones" away fast enough....
Glad I bought a black one.... :yikes:

Scotrod
06-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Be prepared for a more angular fairing to better match the tail.
And a ~1600~ cc V-4,,, :icon_wink:

CheckpointChcky
06-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I have always had white bikes even if I had to have them custom painted. This is my first black bike. To the lists above I would add a CB radio as I travel with a pack some times.

edgeman55
06-13-2014, 07:50 PM

Man am I glad I am going to keep mine till the wheels fall off it cause at this rate a used one will be worth about 9-10K.Waiting a year sure has paid off for some buyers!

edgeman55
06-13-2014, 07:54 PM

I agree.The reason I wanted the F6B was cause it did not have all the stuff some are listing here.To me it is purfect just the way she is-bad paint and all and I will keep telling myself that until the final payment.Hell with the 13 prices quoted here I could not sell her anyway.:shock:

CarolinaRider
06-13-2014, 07:54 PM
I have NOT let go of my beautiful White with Chrome 30th Anniversary GL1800 Goldwing yet. It's a beautiful Clear-coated Artic White Goldwing with only 6,000+/- miles ….. Chrome fender extension, Chrome belly exhaust covers, chrome foglight-engine cover, chrome frame covers.

Pictures please or are you bringing it to Franklin?

Steve 0080
06-13-2014, 07:55 PM
" I paid more than you can now"......delt with this my whole life...but....I had the latest greatest before any one else !!!!!!!!!!!!

And that sir ain't free!!!!

Ixol Phaane
06-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Man am I glad I am going to keep mine till the wheels fall off it cause at this rate a used one will be worth about 9-10K.Waiting a year sure has paid off for some buyers!

I waited a year... and STILL paid $21,500 OTD... for the uber-fast Yellow!
But I'm ridin' with a great big :icon_biggrin:!!

Phantom
06-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Pictures please or are you bringing it to Franklin?

Unless a 2015 comes out before then, she'll be in Franklin once again :motorcycle2:

edgeman55
06-13-2014, 08:07 PM
I waited a year... and STILL paid $21,500 OTD... for the uber-fast Yellow!
But I'm ridin' with a great big :icon_biggrin:!!

Nice.I paid 18,500 OTD a year ago for my Black Standard.This is by far the best ride in 40+ years and I really have no plans to get rid of her.Were happy and thats all that mattersgrouphug

richarddacat
06-13-2014, 08:27 PM
First post and I'll tell you what I want.

I want one in Galaxy Blue, with cruise and a electric windshield. I don't want the radio, I want carbon fiber, or some other means of losing some weight. I want a suspension that's ahead of it's time as well. I also want to switch off the linked brakes and ABS.

And I want it for 15K

Until then I'm completely satisfied with my FJR. Or at least for now I am. :icon_biggrin:

smokinjoe187
06-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Wow!!!
Proves they can't give the "red ones" away fast enough....
Glad I bought a black one.... :yikes:

Amen

MinnetonkaMike
06-14-2014, 05:44 PM

1. Cruise control
2. ABS (for USA)
3. Removable Trunk

I don't care what the added cost is …. just build it !!!! I want Serial #1 as described above ( K200001 ) :icon_cool::yes:

+1 for CC, ABS, Bigger Motor and another gear, adjustable windscreen would be nice, better seat also a plus

I'd like to see a different look on the wheels, something more like the new valkyrie - more spokes. maybe chrome? or black chrome

From a paint perspective I think that white, or, white/black would look great.

mtcgun
06-14-2014, 05:50 PM

You dont even ride that one, why do ya want another one? :icon_wink:

KGREEN
06-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Cruise
6th gear

unsub
06-14-2014, 08:20 PM
First post and I'll tell you what I want.

I want one in Galaxy Blue, with cruise and a electric windshield. I don't want the radio, I want carbon fiber, or some other means of losing some weight. I want a suspension that's ahead of it's time as well. I also want to switch off the linked brakes and ABS.

And I want it for 15K

Until then I'm completely satisfied with my FJR. Or at least for now I am. :icon_biggrin:

:stirthepot:Haha..good first post, welcome!

The 2014 FJR is one nice ride. Love to add one to my addiction...ah...em .....er.....collection. Too many bikes, not enough money.:icon_biggrin:

richarddacat
06-15-2014, 10:07 AM
:stirthepot:Haha..good first post, welcome!

The 2014 FJR is one nice ride. Love to add one to my addiction...ah...em .....er.....collection. Too many bikes, not enough money.:icon_biggrin:

I jumped at the post before reading the other comments and it seems that I'm not alone.

Is Honda really listening?

I haven't been impressed with Honda for some time and the last one I owned was an 82 750F. I was on Beemers for a long time but looking at a few of their new bikes I feel they have gone the cheap route on design. The VFR may be an exception.

Take the NC700, nice economical plain bike. Why not use a belt drive with USD forks and a adjustable rear shock? Guess it wouldn't be economical then I guess. The bike looks cheap to me especially with a cable driven clutch.

Take the CTX1300, I like it but the mirrors are useless as well as the wind screen.
Bolt on and off bags???really now. Again, skimped on suspension parts, nice brakes though.
What about a sport option without a radio and with an adjustable windshield and suspension?
Same goes for the F6B as mentioned. Fly-by-wire and cruise would be ignorant to leave off.

And what about the ST? Gone and forgotten?
Use a similar platform but shave the weight, fly by wire and re-gear and re-program an overdrive so 60mpg could be feasible.

Sorry to rant but Honda is asking too much for what they are offering in all three of these bikes.

Besides the great engine in the F6B and CTX, nothing else really appeals to me.

Rant now off. :)

BuzzzPhotos
06-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Honda may be listening.notworthy. I'm adding a few last mods today and a new front tire tomorrow (even tho I don't need it yet). Heading out this week on a 5,000 mile trip. I like the brakes, suspension, cool looks & everything about my 6. Wouldn't trade it for a white wing, FJR or the baddest Harley. Thanks Honda for my big smile:lolup::041::icon_lol: I'll keep reading your posts along the way. I have learned a lot from you fellas.
Buzz

FlatSixBagger
06-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Man am I glad I am going to keep mine till the wheels fall off it cause at this rate a used one will be worth about 9-10K.Waiting a year sure has paid off for some buyers! bet they add points to financing to make up the diff.

FlatSixBagger
06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
just cruise

racer
06-16-2014, 12:53 PM

My eyes must be playing with me.... that link looks like 13999 plus 390 destination charge.

Condition: New
MSRP: $19,999.00
Selling Price: $13,999.00
Destination Charge: $390.00

Still cheap. I got my deluxe for 17K also, but was unwilling to go to Arkansas to get a cheaper one, or wait any longer to get one locally.

BTW- Honda isn't the only maker that sells leftovers at discount. I found a new leftover victory hardball that was nearly three years old, but unlike Honda, he was not discounting it deeply enough to get my sale.

Maybe he'll have it another year or two.

At another, more remote dealer, I found a leftover 2013 victory CR classic bagger at 3K discount, but it didn't compare with the f6b in performance or comfort.

Phantom
06-16-2014, 01:08 PM
My eyes must be playing with me.... that link looks like 13999 plus 390 destination charge.

I did see the original $12,999 price, someone has changed it …. still a great deal

Scotrod
06-16-2014, 01:11 PM
CC would be nice, I suppose, but for my type of riding, it's not a 'must'.

I don't want ABS, but the wife might,,, :shrug:

6 cogs: Dropping revs really isn't the 'across the board' answer for each and every engine type. It helps the long stroking big twins that suck at making power efficiently at high revs, but for small bore short strokers (like our flat sixes) the 'advantage' of higher gearing is not as great as folks think. I don't miss all the shifting required with narrower powerbands/higher gearing. One gear from 35-40 to the limiter,,, :shrug:

I do like Galaxy Blue. Had an 09 Strat in GB!

Adjustable dampening would be nice.

I don't 'mind' shaft drive, or the single sided swing arm. Combined, they have their 'simplistic' appeal, but belt drive in itself would net a greater gain in efficiency than adding a 6th gear.

Belt drive has really come of age. Bikes with more TQ than the 6 have been known to run 100k+ on the OEM belt. Most belt malfunctions, while rare, are from picking up debris/stones, not because the belt couldn't handle the power or had a 'short lifespan'. (While the flat six engines appear to be bulletproof, the Gwing finals are '~almost~' bulletproof).

F6BLK
06-16-2014, 02:55 PM
1)Garage door opener
2) BlueTooth

Exbmwrider
06-18-2014, 04:17 PM
" I paid more than you can now"......delt with this my whole life...but....I had the latest greatest before any one else !!!!!!!!!!!!

And that sir ain't free!!!!

Yup. Buy early, buy high, sell low. My motorcycle purchase mantra.:banghead:

But who really cares? This one's a keeper.'riding'

Phantom
06-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Yup. Buy early, buy high, sell low. My motorcycle purchase mantra.:banghead:

But who really cares? This one's a keeper.'riding'

Easy, easy, easy …… when money is not an issue being the first on the block with the latest and greatest toy is priceless :biggthumpup:

If only I had Steve's Benjamin Franklin tree in my backyard, I only have a damn penny bush :shrug:

badpapi
06-18-2014, 05:43 PM
NAVIGATION
COLOR DISPLAY
BLUETOOTH

mercator1
06-18-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm waiting to see if cruise is offered before I buy my next bike. I love everything about the way the F6B fits me, but I'm not buying another bike without cruise control. If Honda doesn't offer it, I'm probably going to end up on BMW or Vision. My other preference would be electrically adjustable windshield.

Scotrod
06-19-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm probably going to end up on BMW or Vision. .

My magic 8 ball says "You are correct!"

No need to wait until Sept of 2014 to find out the 2015 F6B's won't have cruise control,,, :shrug:

Of the 2 alternatives you mentioned, I'd go with the Vision!!!

Was thinking about a Vision myself before I got the 6. Waited until I found out the 2014 Visions weren't updated/equipped any different than the 13's,,, and that a 'trunk-less' model wasn't going to be made available,,, and the rest is history!

TitansFan
06-19-2014, 04:04 PM
I'll take a different angle on this, I don't want Honda to add anything to the 2015s. I plan to keep my 2013 for a long, long time and I'd hate to think I should have waited a year or two for more goodies. She's perfect the way she is... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

smokinjoe187
06-19-2014, 04:24 PM
NAVIGATION
COLOR DISPLAY
BLUETOOTH

i changed my mind
blue
cruise
bluetooth
and home delivery

mercator1
06-20-2014, 07:35 PM
My magic 8 ball says "You are correct!"

No need to wait until Sept of 2014 to find out the 2015 F6B's won't have cruise control,,, :shrug:

Of the 2 alternatives you mentioned, I'd go with the Vision!!!

Was thinking about a Vision myself before I got the 6. Waited until I found out the 2014 Visions weren't updated/equipped any different than the 13's,,, and that a 'trunk-less' model wasn't going to be made available,,, and the rest is history!

I really like the Vision, and have rented one a couple of times to make sure. However, they are HOT in the Summer. The first ride was on a nice day, but the second time it was 95+ outside, and it got brutal behind that fairing. My legs absolutely roasted.

Scotrod
06-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I really like the Vision, and have rented one a couple of times to make sure. However, they are HOT in the Summer. The first ride was on a nice day, but the second time it was 95+ outside, and it got brutal behind that fairing. My legs absolutely roasted.

I have heard of that issue.
IMHO, the available lower fairing wind deflectors should be 'standard' on all Visions. :icon_wink:

mercator1
06-21-2014, 10:58 AM
I have heard of that issue.
IMHO, the available lower fairing wind deflectors should be 'standard' on all Visions. :icon_wink:

This bike had the wings, but the little hinges wouldn't hold them in place, and the wind blew them in out position, forcing the away from the rider. I think the little allen screws just needed tightening, but I didn't have one with me.

Everything else about the bike I loved, except the stereo. The sound was just so-so. These were 2009 models that I rented, and I understand they have upgraded all the electronics since then. My brother thought he'd run off and leave me on his Wing, but I was able to stay right with him, except in the twistiest parts of our local "mini Dragon". That's mostly because he's a ridiculously aggressive rider, and he surpassed my comfort level.