PDA

View Full Version : Vance & Hines GL Monster Slip-ons

Madmax
06-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Hey Guys ,
I was just look at all the exhaust options for the F6b and seen the Vance & Hines GL monster pipes , has anyone installed these and do you like ?
I did look at the Cobra but think the Vance and Hines fit the bike better for me .
Any one notice these bikes bikes run leaner when you swap out the factory pipes ? Any need for remaping or fuel box ?
Thanks guys

djohncline
06-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Hey Guys ,
I was just look at all the exhaust options for the F6b and seen the Vance & Hines GL monster pipes , has anyone installed these and do you like ?
I did look at the Cobra but think the Vance and Hines fit the bike better for me .
Any one notice these bikes bikes run leaner when you swap out the factory pipes ? Any need for remaping or fuel box ?
Thanks guys

Very mellow tone, louder than stock, not obnoxious. They fill out the rear very nicely. Not sure they were worth 800+$'s. But to each his own. Just remember you mount them they will not take Em back.

Madmax
06-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Yeah the $800 dollar price is a bit steep for those pipes but as you said they do fill out the bike nice .
I never had any problems with Vance & Hines allways had a nice sound , I did check out a few youtube but don't not get the full effect .

99m3
06-14-2014, 10:37 PM
I have a set and they sound great. The workmanship of course is excellent from V&H. One feature I like are the multiple baffles. I'm running with one set of baffles out and everyone says that the bike sounds like a car, some say Porsche, some say Corvette.

Dmoon64
06-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Got any pics of your bike with these pipes? They look real nice on the V&H Website.

Madmax
06-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I have a set and they sound great. The workmanship of course is excellent from V&H. One feature I like are the multiple baffles. I'm running with one set of baffles out and everyone says that the bike sounds like a car, some say Porsche, some say Corvette.

Any lean running condition with the baffles out like deceleration popping ?

smokinjoe187
06-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Any lean running condition with the baffles out like deceleration popping ?

i have a set on order now.bought from wingstuff..got the good guy "deal",but i think they forgot about the order....
been like 3 weeks no word

Madmax
06-15-2014, 06:18 PM
You really have to watch some of those sites are linked together like the company " Boats " they totally suck took me over a month to get some dirt bike parts . Found other sites like " World of Power Sports " there Employee's stole my credit card numbers twice .

smokinjoe187
06-16-2014, 12:55 AM
You really have to watch some of those sites are linked together like the company " Boats " they totally suck took me over a month to get some dirt bike parts . Found other sites like " World of Power Sports " there Employee's stole my credit card numbers twice .

it was a sponger ...wingstuff??

Scotrod
06-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Wingstuff and Cycle Giant are ~linked~, however, and its a BIG however, Wingstuff (and Cycle Giant) have a darn good reputation for excellent Customer Service.

Give 'em a call and they will get things explained/taken care of.

Scotrod
06-16-2014, 10:24 AM
From what I can tell of (1) vid on Uboob, the Monsters sound pretty good, but the guy in the vid is hot-doggin the hell outta the bike,, never really 'rides along like a normal human',, so :shrug:

Was not aware of any removable baffles in the Monsters. Cobra 6-2-6, yes, V + H,, eh,,, :shrug:

The '8 Ben' factor is enough of a deterrent for me to divert funds elsewhere, especially when I'm not looking to 'excite' with pipes,,, just here to be mellow,,, and the OEM does a good job considering what it's given to work with. Also does it with less weight than most aftermarkets, so,,,,, depends on what ya want.

WingStuff
06-16-2014, 05:20 PM
i have a set on order now.bought from wingstuff..got the good guy "deal",but i think they forgot about the order....
been like 3 weeks no word

Hey there smokingjoe,
Give our guys a call 800.260.4050 or email customer service@cyclegiant.com and I suggest you ask for Rodney; he'll take great care of you. Or, if you prefer, you can PM me with your contact info and I'll have Rodney give you a call. Whatever works best for you.

99m3
06-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Got any pics of your bike with these pipes? They look real nice on the V&H Website.

I'll take some pics this weekend because I need some pics with the pipes anyway.

99m3
06-16-2014, 09:15 PM
From what I can tell of (1) vid on Uboob, the Monsters sound pretty good, but the guy in the vid is hot-doggin the hell outta the bike,, never really 'rides along like a normal human',, so :shrug:

Was not aware of any removable baffles in the Monsters. Cobra 6-2-6, yes, V + H,, eh,,, :shrug:

The '8 Ben' factor is enough of a deterrent for me to divert funds elsewhere, especially when I'm not looking to 'excite' with pipes,,, just here to be mellow,,, and the OEM does a good job considering what it's given to work with. Also does it with less weight than most aftermarkets, so,,,,, depends on what ya want.

I have a set of the V&H and the first set of baffles have been removed.

Madmax
06-17-2014, 05:29 AM
How do they sound , any lean conditions , popping on deceleration ?

Heavvyduty
06-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Has anyone just drilled out there stock pipes?

Elroy
06-17-2014, 07:02 AM

Yes. Check out thread http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?843-Cobra-6-into-6-exhaust-install Schu3d's post #15. He has a video of before and after a pipe install. The "before" is his stock pipes drilled out.

Elroy

Scotrod
06-17-2014, 07:48 AM
I have a set of the V&H and the first set of baffles have been removed.

Any pics, or instructions? I believe some other versions of V + H had quiet or standard baffles, but 'sets' is a new one on me!

djohncline
06-17-2014, 06:57 PM

I pulled the ext. baffle sounds most excellent. Helmet on w/o ear plugs drone city for me. You say that V&H has different baffles. PM me I'd like to know where you found these. I though about moding the OEM set but, unless I can replace them I don't want to go there.

PS: when you remove the OEM ext baffles these Pipes are bad ass. They sound Like a tuned Vet with side pipes (for the older crew). In todays spec. they are a mix between turbo mufflers & Glasspacs. Much more turbo, very deep until you get to 3k rpms. then it rattles your bones but, in a good way. You'll never get a passenger on the back! The windshield really resonates the sound. I believe V&H needs to sell baffle mods something in-between, or provide a part number for the baffle assembly.

smokinjoe187
06-18-2014, 01:57 AM
I pulled the ext. baffle sounds most excellent. Helmet on w/o ear plugs drone city for me. You say that V&H has different baffles. PM me I'd like to know where you found these. I though about moding the OEM set but, unless I can replace them I don't want to go there.

PS: when you remove the OEM ext baffles these Pipes are bad ass. They sound Like a tuned Vet with side pipes (for the older crew). In todays spec. they are a mix between turbo mufflers & Glasspacs. Much more turbo, very deep until you get to 3k rpms. then it rattles your bones but, in a good way. You'll never get a passenger on the back! The windshield really resonates the sound. I believe V&H needs to sell baffle mods something in-between, or provide a part number for the baffle assembly.

finally...
ok...question
take the windscreen off and see if the drone is there...i think its the shields that amplify the sound

pm please...im about to pull the trigger...

smokinjoe187
06-18-2014, 01:58 AM

the forum has all the answers...just try the search feature

smokinjoe187
06-18-2014, 01:59 AM
Hey there smokingjoe,
Give our guys a call 800.260.4050 or email customer service@cyclegiant.com and I suggest you ask for Rodney; he'll take great care of you. Or, if you prefer, you can PM me with your contact info and I'll have Rodney give you a call. Whatever works best for you.

he called today and i'm hoping for a resolve...must be a vance and hines issue....mag sucks....

smokinjoe187
06-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Hey there smokingjoe,

I will say your staff did jmp on the issue..parts arrived this morning...
thanks again,turns out...it was a vance and hines issue
Thanks again..

smokinjoe187
06-20-2014, 01:07 PM
I will say your staff did jump on the issue..parts arrived this morning...
Thanks again..

got them installed last night,simple install.. reset computer and radio....
then went for a ride
first ride...finally some rumble...but not a ton of drone more like feedback from the motor..about perfect,you can tell you have pipes
as a mater of fact at cruising speed almost the same as stock...happy about that..
i have a super tall screen and drone was terrible before....one word
MONEY!

Madmax
06-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Anyone know if the pipes make contact with the ground , I did see a few post from a few guys with full wings they were dragging the pipes .

smokinjoe187
06-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Anyone know if the pipes make contact with the ground , I did see a few post from a few guys with full wings they were dragging the pipes .

im sure you can drag them
some guys are short and lower there bikes so yes you might be able to..
but i just did 100 mile loop test...rode like i stole it to see if it drags
still get the mini board but no drag so far..
i have the suspension set where i like it...
still money..best purchase so far
Thanks again to the staff at wing stuff...

WingStuff
06-20-2014, 05:40 PM
I will say your staff did jmp on the issue..parts arrived this morning...
Thanks again..

Great to hear! Ya, if we know about an issue we will do everything we can on our end to make it right.

Madmax
07-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Just installed the Vance & Hines Gl Monster exhaust ... pretty much piece of cake , did it right on the bikes center stand .
Vance and Hines has terrible tech support ... right on the box says stop these pipes need the power pak fuel module ... they don't make one and when I finally got to talk to a tech I told him he was a stroker telling me the V&H and designing one as we speak ... A holes .
The exhaust sounds pretty pretty good ... I did see they make a competition baffle wonder what they sound like .
Exhaust may be a bit louder than stock but now has a european sports car sound .

Fla_rider
07-08-2014, 09:45 AM
:postpics:

Madmax
07-08-2014, 11:56 AM
My bad !

F6BPDX
07-08-2014, 12:01 PM
My bad !

V&H needs to rotate the mounting bolts just a touch and give them the same angle as the bags. If they did that these would be hands down the sexiest pipes around IMO. Even still they look good and I want to hear a set in person.

smokinjoe187
07-08-2014, 01:04 PM
V&H needs to rotate the mounting bolts just a touch and give them the same angle as the bags. If they did that these would be hands down the sexiest pipes around IMO. Even still they look good and I want to hear a set in person.

no you dont want to hear it...to hear it is to want it,and they sound freaking great!! i love mine..two thumbs up to wing stuff there support...

Madmax
07-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Could not help my self and good thing I did the bolts holding the end cap were hand tight , so I had to take a look at the baffle . Then the other baffle ... Had to hear the bike with the baffles out ..... Sounds just like my other sport bikes with yosh ... Great sound and not too loud but could be on long rides .
I may see what V&H competition baffles look like , they have them listed on there site .

wareru2
08-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Hey MadMax ! I bought a set of GL Monsters and when I mounted them they seem really "wobbley" . I tightened the heck out of the allen bolts that go through the rear (rubber) mounts and the front header clamp. I don't know if it's because there so heavy but they move side to side (about 3/8 of an inch) with little effort. If you hit a bump there going to move. This is unexseptable . Do you have issues with yours?

ED209
08-03-2014, 04:21 PM
My bad !

nice look :yes:

Scotrod
08-03-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm not extremely fond of the sound of a lot of the aftermarket 6 pipes,,,, But I do like the V + H sound,,,,

Must,,,, resist,,,,,,

HEY!!!! What about a sound clip!!??!!??

All I can find on YouBoob is a couple from the manufacturer, and (1) other where the rider rails on it the entire time,,,

smokinjoe187
08-06-2014, 01:20 AM
I'm not extremely fond of the sound of a lot of the aftermarket 6 pipes,,,, But I do like the V + H sound,,,,

Must,,,, resist,,,,,,

HEY!!!! What about a sound clip!!??!!??

All I can find on YouBoob is a couple from the manufacturer, and (1) other where the rider rails on it the entire time,,,

I have a set if your interested...they sound great