PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen

shooter
06-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Guys I had my first ride, 180 miles, with my Cee Baileys 11 inch Dark Gray Tint windshield. That stock shield was killing me and my gal. Bugs are bad this year and my Shoei Neotec has been catching all of them. Hit the hwy 2 weeks ago and found out that at 75 mph the wind tried to rip my helmet off and my girls also. Rode yesterday, combination hwy and secondary roads. That 11 inch is perfect for me. I'm 6'1". No bugs on my face shield and the heavy air hits me right at the top of the helmet where my vent is. Felt good it was 86 yesterday. I'm happy with the performance of the 11 inch. The dark gray looks good on the bike also.

six2go
06-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Hey Shooter, I have the same set up as you, 11" Cee Baileys and Shoei Neotec and am experiencing the same results. The big difference is that I am only 5'8" so I was glad to hear of your results with you being so much taller than me. I have been thinking of getting a Clearview with the top recurve to see if it will quiet what little wind noise I do have. I may have to think on this a little longer.

SmallPasture
06-16-2014, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=six2go;33877]Hey Shooter, I have the same set up as you, 11" Cee Baileys and Shoei Neotec and am experiencing the same results. The big difference is that I am only 5'8" so I was glad to hear of your results with you being so much taller than me. I have been thinking of getting a Clearview with the top recurve to see if it will quiet what little wind noise I do have. I may have to think on this a little longer.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the review Six2Go! I'm 5'8" as well and just tried the KlockWerks flare. I obviously did not pay attention to the 14" non-adjustable! Put my eyes right in the middle of the flare which aint going to work! Looking at Cee Baileys and Baggershields (adjustable) now.

FlatSixBagger
06-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Cee Baileys clear 11 inch for me too 5'8" stock seat, excellent shield

six2go
06-16-2014, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=six2go;33877]Hey Shooter, I have the same set up as you, 11" Cee Baileys and Shoei Neotec and am experiencing the same results. The big difference is that I am only 5'8" so I was glad to hear of your results with you being so much taller than me. I have been thinking of getting a Clearview with the top recurve to see if it will quiet what little wind noise I do have. I may have to think on this a little longer.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the review Six2Go! I'm 5'8" as well and just tried the KlockWerks flare. I obviously did not pay attention to the 14" non-adjustable! Put my eyes right in the middle of the flare which aint going to work! Looking at Cee Baileys and Baggershields (adjustable) now.
During my short time with the F6B and looking at windshields I have found that not all windshield manufacturers measure the same way. If you measure the 11" Cee Baileys using the Clearview method, it is 13", so the 14" Clearview is really only 1" taller than the 11" Cee Baileys. But if that recurve at the top actually works as advertised, you gain another 2" of still pocket air. All of this is subject to my interpretation.

Mustangjake
06-16-2014, 09:16 PM
I have 13 inch Cee Baileys with a vent and I am 5.10 only 28 inseam I have long body an big head !
I see way over my shield I need a little taller 1.