PDA

View Full Version : Batman's Robbin has a Bike, 2015 Honda ..... WTH ?

Phantom
06-17-2014, 08:25 AM
:shock: What the ....... scooter on steroids ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNCdlbDIfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWPojVDkqA

Steve 0080
06-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Honda may have taken that a little to far….

Hornblower
06-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Looks pretty high-tech but wait...can you believe it's chain driven :icon_rolleyes:

SpeedyWho
06-17-2014, 10:54 AM
It's weird, but it sure looks comfortable.

SmallPasture
06-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Ha...they put the new Valkyrie front end on it!! That's gunna cause some head scratching!

Elroy
06-17-2014, 12:48 PM
It does look like Nightwing's (Robin) ride in the NEW 52 comics, minus the upright riding position. "batsmiley"

F6BPDX
06-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Hey look, it's the new Honda Nope.

gray rider
06-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Looks somewhat like a replay version of my DN-01. The DN-01 looks more stylistically refined even though the design is 6+ years old.

Cool Hand Luke
06-17-2014, 07:40 PM
My guess is it won't sell well in The States but it will be a hit for Honda in other markets, such as Asia, including Japan. People there really love anime movies and this is based on movie Akira, which I happen to own. But it's just too cartoonish for the rest of us.

I actually like looking at it, not in the way to purchase one but I like how different it is. I guess what I like about it is Honda's bravery to put something like this into production and actually import it to us here. The version with hard bags appeals to me more than the plain one. I'm curious to see somebody ride one down here (I'm in South Carolina).

From a design standpoint it looks like the windshield is not electronically adjustable, which I think is a big ommission. It simply looks too low for real world riding, and the angle of it seem to dump all air right into rider's face. Also, I would prefer a bigger engine with more power and shaft or belt drive instead chain. Flippable back seat is great idea, however when in up position I don't see any tie-down spots to use the platform as a luggage rack.

It should be comfortable. Some of you may remember Dan Gurneys Alligator motorcycle several years ago. He did it to reduce drag and improve performance and comfort. It seems like Honda engineers were familiar with his designs, however if some of you are not here's the picture of it:

JackBurns40
06-18-2014, 07:18 AM
It's my understanding that it's based on the Gurney bike.

unsub
06-18-2014, 07:26 AM
It puts the rider lower and more inconspicuous to cagers in traffic, which is a big disadvantage in terms of rider safety.

motozeke
06-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Looks pretty high-tech but wait...can you believe it's chain driven :icon_rolleyes:

I know, right? What a wacky machine.