PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot Fed Ex

hiflyer
06-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Fed Ex ruined a new in the box Mustang seat I bought from a fellow forum member. Unbelievable.

Rustysocket
06-17-2014, 06:45 PM
pics? Insurance?

hiflyer
06-17-2014, 09:56 PM
pics? Insurance?

Here's what you get when people don't give a rat. Look at the box. Evidently crushed and spent a lot of time on conveyer belt. It was insured, but now I get to wait again.

RickW
06-18-2014, 10:15 AM
If it was originally purchased through us we can probably make arrangements to have that repaired through Mustang. Cheaper and faster then a new one most likely.
Here's what you get when people don't give a rat. Look at the box. Evidently crushed and spent a lot of time on conveyer belt. It was insured, but now I get to wait again.

opas ride
06-18-2014, 02:33 PM
In any event I would definitely bring those photos and seat to the attention of FedEx and strongly show my dis-approval of their carelessness and sloppy handling of merchandise...I hope they pay for all the damages....Very disappointing for you I am sure...I know stuff happens, but that looks un-excusable to me....Good Luck

hiflyer
06-18-2014, 03:03 PM
If it was originally purchased through us we can probably make arrangements to have that repaired through Mustang. Cheaper and faster then a new one most likely.

The fellow I bought it from has filed a claim with Fed Ex. I'm just waiting for them to come get it, since it was insured.

Steve 0080
06-18-2014, 03:17 PM
At the risk of reaping a whirl wind….maybe the seat could have been wrapped better ???????

hiflyer
06-18-2014, 04:11 PM
At the risk of reaping a whirl wind….maybe the seat could have been wrapped better ???????

The wrapping and packing material would have been sufficient had it not sat stationary on a moving conveyor. Seller has refunded my money and is dealing with Fed Ex as he paid shipping and insurance. Rob at motopumps is a stand up guy, I just hate it that he has to deal with it, and I have to wait on another one. I bought one of Rob's motopumps too, great quality!

Gperson
06-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Steve,
You are on to something with regards to packing and box.
Mine came in brand new and the box had a gash in it (UPS). The seat on one side underneath had a small tear or puncture. Since it was on the bottom and not visible I chose to live with it.
It may very well be a case of seat to heavy for a lightweight box. :shrug:

Hiflyer,
I feel your pain. Hopefully a new seat somehow someway will arrive for you ASAP!

Good luck,
G

shooter
06-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Fed-Ex is the most inept company I have ever dealt with. When I order anything for my business or personal I try to specify USPS or UPS. Fed-Ex doesn't care where they deliver your package, just that they get it off the truck. If someone on here works for them I am not talking about you personally. I'm talking about the people that have been delivering to me for the last 40 years. I have two boxes sitting at my back door that was dropped off two weeks ago. They belong somewhere else. Two conversations on the phone with Fed-Ex. They are unconcerned. Me too. It's from a medical supply company. someone probably needs it. I just came home one day and they were sitting there in the rain. Pitiful.

djohncline
06-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Fed Ex ruined a new in the box Mustang seat I bought from a fellow forum member. Unbelievable.

I sold one last week and insured it for $600.00 total cost $7.00. Might check with sender and see if they did the logical thing.

Scotrod
06-19-2014, 12:56 PM
I've watched the local UPS store load outgoing boxes by standing in the store doorway and throwing them inside the rear of the truck,,, :icon_doh:

Shipped a HEAVY STEEL muff for a Stratoliner once.(D + D slip on)
Wrapped it in foam and then wrapped it in cardboard.
You could have used it as a club and broken some ones arm w/o denting the muff,,,:shock:

Yup, showed up at the buyers location with a dent,,, it clearly ~struck/was struck by~ a hard object with a corner or 'edge'
Filed a claim. Claim denied because it wasn't inside a cardboard box.

:bendover:

Scotrod
06-19-2014, 01:00 PM
I've watched the local UPS store load outgoing boxes by standing in the store doorway and throwing them inside the rear of the truck,,, :icon_doh:

Shipped a HEAVY STEEL muff for a Stratoliner once.(D + D slip on)
Wrapped it in foam and then wrapped it in cardboard.
You could have used it as a club and broken some ones arm w/o denting the muff,,,:shock:

Yup, showed up at the buyers location with a dent,,, it clearly ~struck/was struck by~ a hard object with a corner or 'edge'
Filed a claim. Claim denied because it wasn't inside a cardboard box.

:bendover:

Fuggin sux as we all know there are many good UPS / FEDEX folks, but some are a buncha numb-nut dontgivashits. :021: