PDA

View Full Version : Clearview Shield ?

BIGLRY
06-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Well now that I finally have my RDL saddle on the F6B I have found that the KW flair shield is way to low for me. I love the look and it was just right with a OEM saddle for a 6'5" 400lb type guy, but since I'm now setting up 3" and back 4" the KW flair don't get it.... soooo I have been looking at the Clearview Sport touring(26" wide), tall(16" measured from the top to the emblem on the dash), dark tint, 5 way vent with recurve. http://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/honda/honda-f6b-windshields/
I had a small issue with the KW flair(13.75" from top to emblem on dash) and my Rocky comfort risers, the throttle cables hit the KW flair in a full left turn of the bars when the risers are adjusted for full width, which is what I need, also I could not lock the front end due to this interference.
I have been in contact with Clearview and discussed my issue with the KW flair to which their response was "We have had no issues or conflicts reported with the Clearview Sport Touring and aftermarket risers on the Honda F6B"

My ? is, anyone have any experience with the Clearview shields on the F6B and if ya run one which one did you get?

Gperson
06-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Hey Biglry,
I have the Clearview Sport touring(26" wide), short(14-14.75"measured from the top to the emblem on the dash), dark tint, 5 way vent with recurve and love it!!

However, I am 5'8" and not as tall as you...:icon_biggrin:
I think you will be very happy with what you have picked out. I really like the idea of the recurve and think it works as advertised. The fit, finish and overall quality of the Clearview shield is excellent. I would caution....do not get in a hurry...it will probably take 5 weeks to get. Why they don't have these ready to ship is beyond me.

I would recommend this shield to anyone looking for a shield that wants to look over the shield rather than thru it. The recurve at the top makes the shield act like it's maybe 1-2" taller than it really is.

Hope this helps....
Go ahead and place your order...then forget about it :icon_lol:

Ride safe and enjoy the ride,
G

bob
06-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Just ordered a Clearview on Monday. They are saying "Our production is running about 10 to 14 BUSINESS DAYS TO MANUFACTURE AND SHIP.". Not sure if that means anything....

Gperson
06-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Hey Bob,
Good Luck!
You will like it...when you get it. :icon_biggrin:

G

bob
06-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Hope so, that is why I'm not too worried about the delivery date. Just hope I get it before heading to Houston in mid-July. Oh well, if not, road to Nebraska and back without a windshield, bucking a major head wind on the way back.

Steve 0080
06-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Waited 4 or 5 weeks for my shield….wide, sport, small, lt grey…but I am a little guy…you will like the shield…just don’t start counting days……..:popcorn:

BIGLRY
06-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Hell, I waited 3 months for the KW flair so a 15+ biz day wait is a piece of cake.:jerkit:
Yep, I pulled the trigger on the Clearview :yes: I also found out that the Clearview has about 3/4" adjustment so a 16" could be a 16.75" if wanted(slotted mounting holes). I also like the fact that you can mount it, ride it and if not happy return it and only pay shipping with one caveat, You must keep the thin protective film that the shield is shipped with on...it must not be removed while test riding if you want to return the shield.
Not a bad deal IMO.

Oh...one other thing I like was the Clearview was about $100 less than the KW flair:icon_biggrin:

:tapfing: Looks like I'm going to have a KW flair in the classifieds for sale in the near future.

Blotar
06-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I have a clearview medium sport, grey and I really love it. With the mustang seat I can look over or through. (5'8")
Blotar2037

bob
07-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Just ordered a Clearview on Monday. They are saying "Our production is running about 10 to 14 BUSINESS DAYS TO MANUFACTURE AND SHIP.". Not sure if that means anything....

Just to update, Clearview is to be delivered on Tuesday. ordered: 06-16, delivered: 07-08; something like 3 weeks 2 days (including ship time Denver -> Dallas).

SmallPasture
07-07-2014, 11:23 AM
I have a clearview medium sport, grey and I really love it. With the mustang seat I can look over or through. (5'8")
Blotar6295

Hey Blotar...I'm 5'8" depending on slouch and I just put on and had to take off a BaggerShield that was too tall. Do you know if the ClearView Medium is comparable to the BaggerShield 11"-19" adjustable?

F6BLK
07-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Hey Blotar...I'm 5'8" depending on slouch and I just put on and had to take off a BaggerShield that was too tall. Do you know if the ClearView Medium is comparable to the BaggerShield 11"-19" adjustable?

you might want to go with the small! I'm 5 11 and the medium is just perfect! If you have any questions please call them these are good people to deal with... had a question and end up talking to the owner of the company!had it at my door in 21 days! highly recommended..there is some adjustment up and down.

SmallPasture
07-08-2014, 10:17 AM
you might want to go with the small! I'm 5 11 and the medium is just perfect! If you have any questions please call them these are good people to deal with... had a question and end up talking to the owner of the company!had it at my door in 21 days! highly recommended..there is some adjustment up and down.

Big thanks F6BLK! :clap2:

I'm gunna have to do just that! It's sooooo not right to be riding the 6 w/ a full face helmet! ( for me that is)

Steve 0080
07-08-2014, 10:28 AM
I am 5 9 1/2 and I find the small to be perfect for me...the wind hits on top of my helmet and I can see over the shield by 3" maybe....hope this helps

six2go
07-08-2014, 10:43 AM
I ordered my Clearview two weeks ago on Wednesday. I got the same 10-14 day message but they must be about caught up because mine is on the UPS truck for delivery today. I think Clearview is in Colorado and I'm in Indiana so that wasn't a long wait at all.

SmallPasture
07-08-2014, 10:44 AM
I am 5 9 1/2 and I find the small to be perfect for me...the wind hits on top of my helmet and I can see over the shield by 3" maybe....hope this helps

It does Steve!! This seems to be my last option. I dang sure hope so as I'm tired of the full face helmet! :shock:

F6BLK
07-08-2014, 12:49 PM

I like the way they black out the bottom! Gives it the appearance of a lowBLack shield At first glance.. Bagger look!....Cool color Blotar What is it!!Want do something this winter! Two tone W/Black is mint!!!!

Scotrod
07-08-2014, 12:55 PM
This seems to be my last option. :

No it's not,,,, :stirthepot:

"ccsmiley"

SmallPasture
07-08-2014, 01:37 PM
No it's not,,,, :stirthepot:

"ccsmiley"

:yikes:

SPGrenier
07-09-2014, 04:04 PM

I'm thinking that the Clearview is where I want to go. I was tossed between the small vs the medium but was leaning towards the medium. I think you convinced me to go with the medium. I like that the Clearview curve is far more subtle than the KW.

When you say perfect for you, are you looking over the top? Realistically, the difference is that the small maxes out at 14.75 high and the medium starts at 15 inches. Not a real significant difference. I'm 6'0"; so I think that I share your sentiment on the medium.

mercator1
07-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Blotar6295

I'm 5'9" and was planning on the Mustang seat also, so this might be the shield I'll want. No real buffeting at highway speed?

Blotar
07-14-2014, 10:31 PM
The short did give me quite a bit of wind. I was able to trade for the medium. (great people at Clearview)
with the factory seat I was looking over by a couple of inches all the time. After the lower Mustang I was tucked into the cockpit, but I could still straighen my back and see over for those rain or foggy windshield events. I like this windshield. I have a very quiet pocket to ride in and that is a big deal for me.
BTW: the Bagger shield was too tall for me (extended) and too short (folded up) I cleaned it up real good and wrapped it in plastic and put it in a box for future shipment to some other rider. It may have 600 easy miles on it.
Blotar

CheckpointChcky
07-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Yeah, that is one cool looking green color.

SPGrenier
07-17-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking that the Clearview is where I want to go. I was tossed between the small vs the medium but was leaning towards the medium. I think you convinced me to go with the medium. I like that the Clearview curve is far more subtle than the KW.

When you say perfect for you, are you looking over the top? Realistically, the difference is that the small maxes out at 14.75 high and the medium starts at 15 inches. Not a real significant difference. I'm 6'0"; so I think that I share your sentiment on the medium.

At 6ft, I ordered the medium, sport touring in light grey and included the 5 position vent. I'm probably 2 weeks out from getting it. I agree. The KW looks nice but I prefer the less pronounced recurve of the Clearview vs the KW.

fxdl2051
07-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Just logged 300+mi. on my new 16 inch Clearview with recurve. It seems to work pretty good. At 5'6 I can just look over the shield in a medium height setting (they're adjustable). This cuts out a lot of wind noise and all the head buffeting I was getting at 60mph. from the stock bobbed shield. I never realized just how loud that stereo is till now. So the design works, it is well made, the customer service from Randy is great. While you can order taller for a custom, the recurve introduces some optical distortion so I wouldn't use it as an over the helmit ws in a custom height. But it has a great profile and the soft rounded edges of the shield look good on the f6 and the price is very reasonable. Plus there is enough live air that I don't feel totally cut off from the experience of riding like I did looking through taller shields. Clearview gets my two thumbs up.

SmallPasture
07-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Just logged 300+mi. on my new 16 inch Clearview with recurve. It seems to work pretty good. At 5'6 I can just look over the shield in a medium height setting (they're adjustable).

Ok, thats it. That's what I needed to hear! Thanks!! :icon_biggrin:

BBB
07-18-2014, 10:36 AM
I just recieved mine yesterday.

I'm 5'7" with looong torso (and short legs.... 29" inseam)

I went with their medium sport tour w/ vent.

I look well OVER the top of the shield and I feel I could've liked their tall better BUT I didn't wanna return and wait for another 3 weeks! lol
So I kept my medium shield.

I had it at the mid setting (on the mountiong holes) yesterday, so I raised it as far as it goes last night. I'm becoming pro at taking off the top front fairing cover..lol

My impression on this sheild is "EXCELLENT"! The quality of it is just great. I like their RECURVE design better than some other companies more radical dend. I just think this sheild's curve flows good with the line of the bike. It makes my bike look even sexier. lol
I'm very impressed with the way they boxed it up for shipping. In a big box with alot (I mean ALOT!) of padding so the shield wont get damaged.

I hightly recommend Clearview's windshield.

darcym
07-18-2014, 09:45 PM
I've had other Clearview shields and really like their quality and options.

I took a longer ride for the first time today and tried the baggershield (which came with the bike at purchase) at both settings. A lot of wind at the low setting in highway situations, not very comfortable. No wind at all at the high setting, but I was looking through the windshield with the top of the screen right at about eye level or above.

I think I will swap it out for a Clearview medium shield with vent.

fxdl2051
07-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Ok, thats it. That's what I needed to hear! Thanks!! :icon_biggrin:
Glad to help, another thing if you leave the wrapping on the shield when you do a test ride, you can return it for a refund or trade up. They include a piece of weather strip to help protect the shield when you install it but they forget to send directions, not that installation is a big deal, just get a 10mm ratchet head wrench for the hard to reach upper bolts, a magnetic stick is nice and some rags for all those places where bolts fall in but never come out. Since you're pulling out a few tabs and the rubber mirror trim, might as well rub some silicone bulb grease into these spots to make future take down/assemblies easier.
Enjoy.