PDA

View Full Version : Getting VERY close

SteveM
06-06-2013, 12:19 PM
This morning, my 2007 VFR left with its new owner aboard, cash in my pocket.

Money is so cheap that I'm going to finance about half the cost of the F6B. I'm already approved by Honda FS for the 1.99% financing.

A request quote has been sent to and acknowledged by my local dealer, from whom I have purchased 5 bikes, 2 cars my snowblower and generator. I prefer to have the initial price negotiation not be face to face. If the dealer thinks through my purchase history and the money everybody knows the dealer has in the bike and replies with a good discount it's an easy deal. If the dealer leads with list price, things get more difficult.

Alberta Beagle
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM

Money is so cheap that I'm going to finance about half the cost of the F6B. I'm already approved by Honda FS for the 1.99% financing.

A request quote has been sent to and acknowledged by my local dealer, from whom I have purchased 5 bikes, 2 cars my snowblower and generator. I prefer to have the initial price negotiation not be face to face. If the dealer thinks through my purchase history and the money everybody knows the dealer has in the bike and replies with a good discount it's an easy deal. If the dealer leads with list price, things get more difficult.

Very sound purchase strategy. I hope your dealer plays it right for you as it does make life so much simpler.

Good Luck!!!

Beagle

SteveM
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Deluxe, 18600 not including tax and title. Basically 2400 off MSRP. Accessories, discounted 20%, fog lights and tall windshield.

Painless and fair.

yellowskeeter1
06-06-2013, 02:31 PM
not sure where you are located but you can do better than that if needed. Just saw two at my local dealer yesterday when I was getting a couple radio knobs for my F6b and they are at $16400 and 17400 deluxe in big yellow tags on the handle bars. Not sure what Russellville has them listed at either but may be a barganing tool.

MercuryF1
06-06-2013, 02:50 PM
not sure where you are located but you can do better than that if needed. Just saw two at my local dealer yesterday when I was getting a couple radio knobs for my F6b and they are at $16400 and 17400 deluxe in big yellow tags on the handle bars. Not sure what Russellville has them listed at either but may be a barganing tool.

Why were you buying radio knobs? :shock:

SteveM
06-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not trying to chase every nickel out of the deal. a fair price with a dealer ivebeen with for 15 years is enough to make me happy.

The deal is done. I pick the bike up Saturday.

wooHoo!

Alberta Beagle
06-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not trying to chase every nickel out of the deal. a fair price with a dealer ivebeen with for 15 years is enough to make me happy.

wooHoo!

Nicely said!!! Being is sales it's good to see that not everyone is all about price. Fairness and service are the keys!!!!

Beagle

MichaelG
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Why were you buying radio knobs? :shock:

:icon_rolleyes: To mount the spare keys in...to put in the rear key hole for the saddlebags...and the front key hole for the glove box...that is why 99.314159 % of us buy radio knobs.:icon_rolleyes:

edgeman55
06-06-2013, 05:45 PM

wooHoo!

I too could of saved a grand or so if I went 600 miles noth to close another deal but I bought from the Reno dealer as I want to keep there shop open here and support them.If I had a dollar for every nickle I thought I saved over the years:icon_lol:
Enjoy your new ride it's a awsome machine.

SteveM
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Beyond close, leaving to pick it up in 10 minutes...

micky_foccer
06-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Congrats! And welcome!

GiddyupF6B
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I thought I was getting a good deal at $19,600 base, $21,600 otd but I guess I need to do a little more negotiating.

SteveM
06-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Quick iced coffee after the tradional inaugural cruise to the beach.

It is beautiful,

Steve 0080
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Congrats..................Now come to the F6B Rally and show it off!!!!

SteveM
06-08-2013, 04:03 PM
In the words of Jackie Gleason (dating myself), "And awaaaaaaaaaay we go."

RoughRider
06-08-2013, 04:18 PM

Sold my bike about a month ago, soon will be making a trip to Arkansas hopefully before September.

Lunatic Fringe
06-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Looks very nice. Honda did a great job in offering this bike along side the fully equipped Wing. All the 6 cylinder goodness with handling, luggage, comfort and tunes with i-pod integration......kind of a hard combo not to buy, especially at some of the low prices quoted here.