PDA

View Full Version : A wonderful story

Westernbiker
06-20-2014, 12:34 PM
My 5 beautiful daughters loved being raised on our picture perfect Midwest farm. They loved all the creatures (wild and tame) One lazy late spring day the girl found a newly hatched baby bird, they all excitedly came running into the farm house to show daddy. I knew the baby bird didn't have a chance.
I told the girls to give me the tiny bird and I would find the mother. The girls knew what that meant and begged to keep the bird.

Somehow the little bird beat all odds and lived! The girls kept it alive, feeding it many times a day with oatmeal and protein supplements.

Soon fledgling Gurdie became a part of the family. HE was a Robin a Robin red breast. The girls and my lovely, young wife would catch nightcrawler at night. Gurdie gobbled them up!

The family LOVED Gurdie, he was so tame and was really close. He enjoyed bath day and family meals. He often open his cage and fly to the girls bedrooms to roost.

Summer soon turned into Fall. Winters short, cold days soon followed, But Springs bright, crisp days finally came- Gurdie was 1 year old. He was a handsome bird, the deepest red breast I had ever seen on a robin.

It was so surreal that Sunday early afternoon after church. I gave the girls the cycle of life talk. With little tears in their eyes the girls agreed- Gurdie should be set free to start his own family, the "cycle of life".

The girls still had their "pretty dresses" on, my young blond, big blue- eyed 118lbs. wifes eyes were misty as I brought out Gurdie to the front porch, they knew I was right.

Gurdie made a short meandering arch to the roof where Scratchie the 12 pound yard tom cat sat, he was a barn rat, gopher, bird eating machine! Scratchie crush the head first, then ripped out the guts!

The girls are grown now, they never trusted daddy again or any man. They have all had at least 3 husbands, a couple girls have had 5 or more.

My beloved gorgeous wife left me for a pig farmer in Springerville.

Fla_rider
06-20-2014, 09:07 PM
I love stories with lessons and great endings!:041: now your free to ride whenever you want!

Steve 0080
06-20-2014, 10:27 PM
WOW!!!! was getting ready to laugh or cry…kinda mad now……see ya!