PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Has Landed!

XKnight
06-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Worked out a deal this morning on a new 2103 F6B. Traded in my Harley Heritage. Just got home after riding through a torrential thunderstorm so now the F6 is officially baptized. On my 50 mile ride home I kept saying wow this bike has brakes that work, this bike is so smooth and so fast, this bike handles really well and is actually comfortable without burning up my ass in the 90+ degree heat. First thing to go will be the shorty windscreen. It looks cool, but is totally useless for me. Here is an obligatory first pic.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/XKnight/Honda%20F6B/F6B_zps79c83a9f.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/XKnight/media/Honda%20F6B/F6B_zps79c83a9f.jpg.html)

Exbmwrider
06-21-2014, 05:07 PM
'welcome gang'

Welcome from Northern Nevada. You're going to love the very fast red color. :stirthepot:

hoglaw
06-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Beautiful. I traded my Harley yesterday for an F6B. I like speed so I chose the black one.

I see you have a full face helmet. I was thinking that would help with the short windshield. I really hate to spoil the look with a larger windshield.

Ixol Phaane
06-21-2014, 05:29 PM
.welcome20. and :congrats:
The red looks great! And pay no attention to those who will say the black is faster. The truth is, Yellow is fastest! :shhh:
:icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
06-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Beautiful. I traded my Harley yesterday for an F6B. I like speed so I chose the black one.

I see you have a full face helmet. I was thinking that would help with the short windshield. I really hate to spoil the look with a larger windshield.

Full face helmet works great with the stock shield. The drawback is you can't hear the radio on the highway.

XKnight
06-21-2014, 05:50 PM

One of the reasons I got the F6 was because I wanted a fast, smooth bike that handles well and offered great wind protection. The short shield provides no wind protection for me. So even with a full face helmet I'm getting pounded by the wind at highway speeds. Some folks may be perfectly happy with the stock windscreen and a full face, but it's definitely not for me. No doubt the F6 looks great with the shorty windscreen, but I'm more about function. There are some shorter recurve shields that still looks great and offer significantly better wind protection than stock. I like the looks of the Klockwerks Flare shield, but fear it would still allow too much wind. I'm after peace and quiet at this point which I why I got rid of my Harley.

bobbyf6b
06-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Do a search for windshields. We've discussed all of them.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?41-Windshields-for-the-F6B&highlight=windshield

Deer Slayer
06-21-2014, 09:11 PM
'welcome gang' Welcome from The Tar Heel State. Enjoy the fast red one.:cheers:

Fla_rider
06-21-2014, 09:41 PM
'welcome gang' from Sunny South Florida! Yes you did buy the fastest color.'riding'

smokinjoe187
06-21-2014, 10:03 PM

nice...welcome brother...(its the sleath one too!!)

smokinjoe187
06-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Worked out a deal this morning on a new 2103 F6B. Traded in my Harley Heritage. Just got home after riding through a torrential thunderstorm so now the F6 is officially baptized. On my 50 mile ride home I kept saying wow this bike has brakes that work, this bike is so smooth and so fast, this bike handles really well and is actually comfortable without burning up my ass in the 90+ degree heat. First thing to go will be the shorty windscreen. It looks cool, but is totally useless for me. Here is an obligatory first pic.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/XKnight/Honda%20F6B/F6B_zps79c83a9f.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/XKnight/media/Honda%20F6B/F6B_zps79c83a9f.jpg.html)

as far as i am concerned honda just needs to give you the tall shield right off the bat

Scotrod
06-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Welcome!

Which Honda dealership???

Wild West in Katy?
Honda of Houston?

mikey
06-22-2014, 11:08 AM
my thoughts too when i traded in the road king & rode out on the f6. i just wish i hadnt been so bull headed to keep that h-d running for so long!

XKnight
06-22-2014, 07:03 PM
as far as i am concerned honda just needs to give you the tall shield right off the bat

Totally agree! Was out all day riding and absolutely love the bike, but at any speed over 40 the stock shield is worthless to me. Some guys may enjoy the wind in the face, but I'm over that at this point.

Welcome!

Which Honda dealership???

Wild West in Katy?
Honda of Houston?

Cycle Shack North in Conroe. It was the last F6B they had in stock. In fact, they had just taken it off the showroom to prep it for me and a guy came in asking about buying a F6B and they had no other bikes to show him.

my thoughts too when i traded in the road king & rode out on the f6. i just wish i hadnt been so bull headed to keep that h-d running for so long!

I wish I had bought an F6B when they first came out. The fun factor is off the charts compared to riding my Harley. I almost forgot that bikes can handle well, brake quickly and have gobs of power on tap.

mike2000t
06-22-2014, 09:15 PM
My shield came off quick too. Bagger shield 17" with a vent. Works ok, but will be looking for a shorter one later. Maybe a Klock werks

XKnight
06-22-2014, 09:33 PM
My shield came off quick too. Bagger shield 17" with a vent. Works ok, but will be looking for a shorter one later. Maybe a Klock werks

I ordered a 19" with vent online the day I bought the F6. Should have it later this week and have it ready to roll for the weekend. The 19" should work great for touring, but I might get a Klockwerks too for around town. Depends on how long it takes me to swap the shields. The Klockwerks is the best looking shield I've seen so far for the F6.

smokinjoe187
06-22-2014, 09:44 PM
I ordered a 19" with vent online the day I bought the F6. Should have it later this week and have it ready to roll for the weekend. The 19" should work great for touring, but I might get a Klockwerks too for around town. Depends on how long it takes me to swap the shields. The Klockwerks is the best looking shield I've seen so far for the F6.

to be honest i bought all those other shields..
i run a gl 1800 tall that i redrilled with the vent...wonderful to ride
rode 450 miles yesterday just enough breeze..no buffeting...
running my 1/2 too

i got a proto windvest....waiting on the second round..
i am told that clearview with the flip and sport width is the shit
but..im still happy now...20 k on my screen...

Scotrod
06-22-2014, 09:50 PM
. Depends on how long it takes me to swap the shields. .

In case you haven't heard,,, stuff a shop towel down in each void before you loosen the (2) garnish bolts,,,:icon_wink:

The 6 eats anything you drop,,, Usually never to be seen again,,,

Shield change?,,,, eh,,,, 20 minutes give or take,,, (2) garnish bolts and (3) shield bolts,,,

Elin in So. Cal.
06-22-2014, 09:52 PM
I bought the convertible Baggershield and I love it. I keep it on the "low" setting 90% of the time, and only flip up the clear section when it rains or is really cold. Great buffer protection, and after 11,800 miles on this beastie (Dec. 2013, and a RED ONE), I can assure you that it does matter--being able to change to protect and to shift and have the open road.

I compared having the Baggershield wind screen in the lower position to being on a ship. You have the prow of the boat (the F6B) and all this SPACE around you. I love the feel of it, since I look over the tinted portion and the wind is deflected above my helmet.

monkey-1
06-23-2014, 06:59 AM
Welcome! Glad to see another RED owner on here. I have the 11" Cee Baileys and love the look and the function of it. Its perfect for me.

Convert
06-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Congrats on the new purchase. I have the Klock Werks Flair on mine and it works great. I am 5'9" and can see over the shield just fine.

XKnight
06-23-2014, 10:16 AM
In case you haven't heard,,, stuff a shop towel down in each void before you loosen the (2) garnish bolts,,,:icon_wink:

Shield change?,,,, eh,,,, 20 minutes give or take,,, (2) garnish bolts and (3) shield bolts,,,

Thanks for the tip.:icon_cool: I watched the install video and will definitely use the shop towel trick. I already managed to make one of the little rubber grommetts disapear when I pulled off the side cover to check the oil. I'll need to buy a bag of those grommets.

Scotrod
06-23-2014, 10:25 AM
I already managed to make one of the little rubber grommetts disapear when I pulled off the side cover to check the oil. I'll need to buy a bag of those grommets.

I had trouble keeping the top rubber 'bumper tip' in place,,, until I glued it in the cover with some of that 'silly-cone' stuff. :icon_wink:

Remove side cover: Bottom, rear, then front. Install in reverse.

SmallPasture
06-23-2014, 12:07 PM

Please heed Scot's waring.:kap: That beast lives on rubber grommets.....Ya might as well buy that assortment pack that WingSuff offers...I bought 2!

SmallPasture
06-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the tip.:icon_cool: I watched the install video and will definitely use the shop towel trick. I already managed to make one of the little rubber grommetts disapear when I pulled off the side cover to check the oil. I'll need to buy a bag of those grommets.

iI see once again I didn't read all the tread!! :banghead:

Big time congrats from just west of ya on I-10!:041:

The KW is the one I wanted but I'm to short(5'8"). Fixing to try out a Baggershield.

CheckpointChcky
06-23-2014, 11:12 PM

Within a week of picking up my new f6b, I installed the Baggershield 19" with vent. Works just great for me and I like the way it looks too.