PDA

View Full Version : Former Valkyrie owners/VRCC members pipe up!

powercruzer13
06-22-2014, 07:23 AM
While reading the forum I notice several "handles" that I remember from the VRCC. Obviously I recognize Dave Ritesma {sp} as he used the same name. I drew some inspiration from Dave's posts on the VRCC to make the F6B jump.
Post up if you were/are on the VRCC & if different what you go by now.
I'm Tropic traveler from the VRCC.

Wetrudgeon
06-22-2014, 07:33 AM
We know you; and have enjoyed and profited from your posts in the past on the VRCC forum, which we still visit regularly. Wandered over here to see what was going on. For us, any bike with Honda's big flat six motor is, by definition, an interesting motorbike. The flat six is hard to resist.

We trudge on (still).

Sorcerer
06-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Made the move Oct 2013. My 98 (bought new in 2000) had 107,000 when I traded her in on the F6BD. Sat on a F6B spring of 2013. Dang a Honda that I like that fits me. More money than I wanted to spend at that time. As the saying goes, once the seed in planted. Thought about it off and on all summer. A dealership was closeing one of there stores so I went to see if they had anything for a Valk for cheep. Sat on a F6B and the fuse was lit. Week and A half later and it's a new beginning. All I can say is I'm in love. Been on the VRCC sence 2000. Still check 2-3 times a day.

six2go
06-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Sure, I remember ya Traveler. I was(and still am occasionally)on the VRCC as six2go #152. Same handle here but dropped the 152 membership number. I bought my Black F6B just this Spring, about 2 weeks after Dave made the jump.

jaygollner
06-22-2014, 01:40 PM
I bought my F6B In December 2013, I still have the Valk but am thinking I should sell it. I wouldn't mind a rattlebars for F6B's.

Blotar
06-22-2014, 03:37 PM
I too see Handles that seem too familiar. I still visit the VRCC and try to keep up. I have two Valkyries in the garage and have to fight for time to ride them both. The F6B is by far my most favored ride!
Blotar

Bigmac nj
06-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Bigmac NJ on the VRCC board. I didn't post a lot but I was constantly lurking. I had 2 Valks and just sold one a few weeks ago to a friend in Florida. I still have an Interstate but it is being prepped for sale. I will continue to lurk after I am Valkless..

Westernbiker
06-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Westernbiker here, VRCC member #27582 :biggthumpup:
I seen the F6B about a year and a half ago at Bike Week here in Phoenix. Fell in love right away. This was end of March beginning of April. Sold one of my Valkyries, '97' red and white tourer and a 2004 Suzuki DRZ400 dirt bike and bought my F6B in May. Love this bike! I still have a '97' black and yellow that I have for sale, although I am not trying very hard to sell her, you see, I still love that bike too! But I believe now is the time and I will soon start actively trying to sell her. I too have seen lots of names here I remember from the VRCC fourm. I still visit the VRCC board just to keep tabs on what is happening. Welcome to the F6B board! :icon_mrgreen:

Cleaver1
06-23-2014, 09:42 AM
I am a member of both the VRCC and F6B RIDERS, enjoy both boards and visit each many times each day. More of a lurker, but do a post every now and then.
Still use the same name, "Cleaver".
Marty

Dave Ritsema
06-23-2014, 03:40 PM
VRCC #2879

I felt at home here right away seeing some familiar names from the VRCC. I "represented" for the F6B at InZane in Asheville a few weeks ago along with LL (Lucky Larry). During several different times over the event I would look over at my bike and there would be half a dozen guys checking it out close. Let a few ride it and was told that the F6B would be their next bike. LOL

PAVALKER
06-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Don't have an F6B (yet at least). But still enjoy reading the information presented here.

Hornblower
06-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Don't have an F6B (yet at least). But still enjoy reading the information presented here.

Yep, it usually starts with looking, then reading, then considering, then shopping, and then...next thing you know, there's an F6B in your garage :yikes:

RickW
06-23-2014, 04:51 PM
VRCC # 1732 RickW.

We were at all of the first InZane's in Ohio, KY, TN and MI. Haven't made the last few.
We have a lot of friends from the Valkyrie group. Couldn't part with the Valkyrie so our youngest son and wife have it now. I am pretty sure they are going to ride down to the F6B Rally with me in September.
Rick

Ericb445
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM
I was mainly a lurker on the VRCC for a while and the VRCC on the Delphi fourms
Handle Ericb4451
I had a 98 Tourer.....Loved that bike.
Now I'm on an F6B and in love all over again.

powercruzer13
06-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Yep, it usually starts with looking, then reading, then considering, then shopping, and then...next thing you know, there's an F6B in your garage :yikes:

THAT sounds familiar!!!!:icon_twisted:

But God... it hurts prepping the last two Valks to be sold. :022:

Steve 0080
06-23-2014, 11:44 PM
I’m still on the Valk board, made a good friend John and became close to him and his wife…still elmail and go over on occasion …good people on the Valk board and some great information as well…it is funny but I tried to have this board like the Valk board as well. The GL board a little difficult since it was bought! but that is a whole other story!!!

Steve3054…Vin to Valk…same here 0080….