PDA

View Full Version : Klock Werks windshield.

powercruzer13
06-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Just took a ride on the 6 with the KW shield installed. Perfect!
I can use the radio now, just enough wind to let you know you are on a motorcycle. :yes::yes:
Installation was easy, just have to get used to fooling around with all the plastic. :shock:

Happy camper here.

luckyluciano
06-27-2014, 07:39 AM
can you post a few pics. Wondering how it makes the bike look. Also how tall are you? What colour did you go with? i"m 6" tall and was considering the WERKS for the look. Also like the dark look on my red & black but not sure about it for road visibility?

Any tips?

IBREWBEER
06-27-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm 6'3 and just installed the Werks. Perfect for my height the wind just grazes my head but i also get some air circulating around me on a hot day. I ended up getting the tint even though i wanted the darker smoke. Im happy with the tint because i can see through it easily. plus it contrasts with the front end ( i have the black ). Ill post some pics when i get a chance

SCMike
06-27-2014, 09:37 AM
I replaced by Baggershield adjustable with the KlockWerks last night. I'll stick with the KW.
I'm 6' 2" and the air hits just above the visor of my helmet, and it works at all speeds.
Much less buffeting, much less noise.
I'll post photos when I can, and I'll be selling the Baggershield.

mtcgun
06-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Heres a pic with my Klock Werks and Mustang seat.

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-27-2014, 01:24 PM
I replaced by Baggershield adjustable with the KlockWerks last night. I'll stick with the KW.
I'm 6' 2" and the air hits just above the visor of my helmet, and it works at all speeds.
Much less buffeting, much less noise.
I'll post photos when I can, and I'll be selling the Baggershield.

better than the bagger shield when extended??

SCMike
06-27-2014, 03:22 PM
better than the bagger shield when extended??

When fully extended, the Baggershield was too much for me, too high, too close to eye-level, but great wind protection.

CheckpointChcky
06-27-2014, 04:18 PM

That is one cool windshield!

CheckpointChcky
06-27-2014, 04:43 PM
As a matter of fact, I liked it so much that I just ordered one that was on sale and free shipping.

Fla_rider
06-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Nice looking!
CPC did you order me one too? :041:

Yellow pinstrip?

CheckpointChcky
06-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Nice looking!
CPC did you order me one too? :041:

Yellow pinstrip?

No, but if you want the name of the place I got it at, let me know.

IBREWBEER
06-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Tinted kW

luckyluciano
06-27-2014, 10:07 PM

nice! Very Nice!
Which shade is that? Do you see through it or over it?

dickiedeals
06-28-2014, 05:24 AM
646064616462 This is the way I raised the Klock Werks Shield up 2"s. I'm not telling anyone to do this. Several members asked me to share how I did it so here it is..This is the Dark Smoke for the F6B...Dickie:yikes:

luckyluciano
06-28-2014, 08:11 AM
646064616462 This is the way I raised the Klock Werks Shield up 2"s. I'm not telling anyone to do this. Several members asked me to share how I did it so here it is..This is the Dark Smoke for the F6B...Dickie:yikes:

Thanks for the pics. We really appreciate it.
I am 6 foot tall. If I buy the dark smoke, will I see through it?
Over it? Visually, how practical is it?

dickiedeals
06-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the pics. We really appreciate it.
I am 6 foot tall. If I buy the dark smoke, will I see through it?
Over it? Visually, how practical is it?

I'm 6' 30" inseam, the KW is raised 2"s the Mustang Tripper Fastback lowers me 1". I look over the top 2"s.The wind clears the top of my head five inches and the turbulence above 80mph is greatly improved. Unless its storming then I hunker down behind it and speed up!!!! lol..It sucked before I raised it the 2"s now its perfect,I love it .I in fact have a Bagger Shield thats for the GoldWing that I used to run that will be for sale here soon.If anyone is interested PM me............Dickie

powercruzer13
06-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Pics.

5' 11" with a 31" or so inseam.
I look over the top very easily. Wind protection is about equivalent to what I am used to with the Valk Tourer.
If at any time I need more wind protection I am glad that dickie has done the footwork on a modification. :yes::clap2:

CaptRob
06-28-2014, 10:20 PM
No, but if you want the name of the place I got it at, let me know.

Yes, where did you get it please?

CBXBob
07-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Raised my Klock Werks 1 1/4" by drilling new holes. Probably the best compromise for me at 5' 9" Still testing. I had the bagger shield and it worked well lowered and raised except it was useless in the rain, just another layer of obstructed vision to look through, wearing a full face helmet with shield.

powercruzer13
07-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Raised my Klock Werks 1 1/4" by drilling new holes. Probably the best compromise for me at 5' 9" Still testing. I had the bagger shield and it worked well lowered and raised except it was useless in the rain, just another layer of obstructed vision to look through, wearing a full face helmet with shield.

I was wondering about not going the full 2" raise that dickie did. Even though the shield is very good now, what effect may a new seat have on my seating position & wind protection?
If a new seat raises my ass an inch I'll raise the shield by the same. :yes::icon_wink:

XKnight
09-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I installed my tinted Klock Werks shield today and just got back from a test ride using two different helmets. I found that with my Bell half helmet I was getting a lot of wind noise on my ears at highway speeds. Smooth air flow over my helmet, but wind bouncing around the ears that would definitely get uncomfortable on long highways runs. When I wore my Shark Evoline modular helmet in 3/4 mode the wind noise was significantly less and I think this will work out for me. The real test will be when I ride to the Ozarks next month which will be a long weekend ride.

Here's a pic with the tinted shield. I had to make sure the fast red F6B was parked, otherwise it's just too fast for pictures.batman-smilie.

Mrf13
09-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Xknight
I drilled holes about 1" lower it comes and about 1/2" higher. Tried it both ways. I ended up using the stock holes. But I could see using the 1" Lower holes for winter rides. I may slot it out later this year for easy adjustment.

XKnight
09-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Xknight
I drilled holes about 1" lower it comes and about 1/2" higher. Tried it both ways. I ended up using the stock holes. But I could see using the 1" Lower holes for winter rides. I may slot it out later this year for easy adjustment.

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on drilling any holes. The height is just right for me to see over it with the lower Mustang seat. If I go much taller it would be in my line of sight.

I do think Klock Werks should offer an alternate taller shield up to 19" with a vent for those that want even better protection and don't mind looking through the shield. I think the design is very good, but it's still a fairly short shield that can benefit from being taller. Even a taller design would still look pretty good compared to the other shields out there.

bobbyf6b
11-28-2014, 07:43 PM
I do think Klock Werks should offer an alternate taller shield up to 19" with a vent for those that want even better protection and don't mind looking through the shield. I think the design is very good, but it's still a fairly short shield that can benefit from being taller. Even a taller design would still look pretty good compared to the other shields out there.

I came across a youtube video today. It shows a Klockwerks shield with vent for the full wing but it looks like it will fit the F6B, it just won't be adjustable.

http://youtu.be/vXiu6bTC9XQ

Bunny
11-28-2014, 11:37 PM
can you post a few pics. Wondering how it makes the bike look. Also how tall are you? What colour did you go with? i"m 6" tall and was considering the WERKS for the look. Also like the dark look on my red & black but not sure about it for road visibility?

Any tips?

here is a pic of my bike with the winshield. . . .

XKnight
11-29-2014, 11:18 AM
I came across a youtube video today. It shows a Klockwerks shield with vent for the full wing but it looks like it will fit the F6B, it just won't be adjustable.

Thanks! I did see on the KW website that they now offer a taller vented shield for the GW. It should fit on the F6B. Would have to verify that with KW. I've been using a Vstream (also made for a GW) and it has been working great for my needs so I probably won't try the new taller KW anytime soon.

smokinjoe187
01-17-2015, 09:27 PM
so...........shield number 6
finally found a Cool looking functionally improved screen for my f6b
I am a tall in the saddle guy
so with that being said,the stock or sub 16 inch screens are worthless to me
i have 30 k in the saddle so i know what i like,i have been waiting for the klock werks tall gl windshield to come out
I have been running a tall gl screen since about 5k
so i have about 25 k running tall screens
now i'm a 6'1 295 guy
ask any big guy we catch a lot of wind and the worst is helmet whistle scream
i get a little wind (i couldn't wait no vent) but aside from that a perfect blend for my style of riding
now i know some guys will come on and say the stock shield is fine blah blah blah
most everyone replaces it
im glad this option is around this is just fyi
FLAME ON!!

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-17-2015, 09:34 PM
If you're digg'n it Joe, I don't think anybody else' snot about windshields matters.
Looks good to me.
J

tpa
01-17-2015, 10:41 PM
good to hear the reviews on the KW as I ordered one on the new 2013 F6B I got for a song a few weeks ago. can't wait for the MN snow to melt and hit the road!

bobbyf6b
01-17-2015, 11:21 PM
so...........shield number 6
finally found a Cool looking functionally improved screen for my f6b
I am a tall in the saddle guy
so with that being said,the stock or sub 16 inch screens are worthless to me
i have 30 k in the saddle so i know what i like,i have been waiting for the klock werks tall gl windshield to come out
I have been running a tall gl screen since about 5k
so i have about 25 k running tall screens
now i'm a 6'1 295 guy
ask any big guy we catch a lot of wind and the worst is helmet whistle scream
i get a little wind (i couldn't wait no vent) but aside from that a perfect blend for my style of riding
now i know some guys will come on and say the stock shield is fine blah blah blah
most everyone replaces it
im glad this option is around this is just fyi
FLAME ON!!

Pictures?

smokinjoe187
01-18-2015, 12:20 AM

http://youtu.be/vXiu6bTC9XQ

you need the hardware for a gl 1800 from honda but it fits great!!and its adjustable about 1.0 inch

smokinjoe187
01-18-2015, 12:26 AM
you need the hardware for a gl 1800 from honda but it fits great!!and its adjustable about 1.0 inch

here is some pictures

Phantom
01-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Gentlemen,

The F6B spokesman for this company (Official or not) is a former member of this website with an extensive CRIMINAL past , involving under age girls, shooting another rider, prison time, threats to fellow riders, shaking down our vendors for free goods, still owes me money and was BANNED for reverting back to his old predatory ways towards our members.

He is a FRAUD with many aliases. I contacted KLOK Werks early on to be part of our great site, they declined and stated that they didn't need our website or any business from our membership. The lightning stricken Felon was supposedly sufficient for them.

I do not want to promote a company on this website with a spokesperson that goes around the country telling everyone that this is the best shield, simply because he received his for free.

I am not interested in promoting a company that has this type of a person representing them. :no:

bobbyf6b
01-18-2015, 12:53 PM
here is some pictures

Looks good, if a tall shield is what you like! :yes:

bobbyf6b
01-18-2015, 12:58 PM
Gentlemen,

The F6B spokesman for this company (Official or not) is a former member of this website with an extensive CRIMINAL past , involving under age girls, shooting another rider, prison time, threats to fellow riders, shaking down our vendors for free goods, still owes me money and was BANNED for reverting back to his old predatory ways towards our members.

He is a FRAUD with many aliases. I contacted KLOK Werks early on to be part of our great site, they declined and stated that they didn't need our website or any business from our membership. The lightning stricken Felon was supposedly sufficient for them.

I do not want to promote a company on this website with a spokesperson that goes around the country telling everyone that this is the best shield, simply because he received his for free.

I am not interested in promoting a company that has this type of a person representing them. :no:

OUCH. I don't think "grease lightning" was an official representative of the KW company. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Just because they don't want to sponsor our site doesn't mean they're a bad business.

smokinjoe187
01-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Ok
So if they don't support the web site we cant discuss them?

I buy from our sponsors

But this is still America

No one and I mean no one has the right to censor our posts or opinions

Oj is I'm jail in Vegas should I avoid Vegas because he's a criminal?

You have to applaude a company who goes to the trouble r&rd to develop a product that helps us

Sponsor or not especially if it works for some of us who struggle with this issue

opas ride
01-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Ok
So if they don't support the web site we don't support them?

I buy from our sponsors

But this is still America

Oj is I'm jail in Vegas should I avoid Vegas because he's a criminal?

You have to applaude a company who goes to the r&rd to develope a product

Sponsor or not especially if it works
Unless you OWN this web-site my friend, someone needs to censor some of the "crap" posted on this site!!!!

smokinjoe187
01-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Unless you OWN this web-site my friend, someone needs to censor some of the "crap" posted on this site!!!!

i don't have a problem with that
and yes i post and don't OWN the site
i appreciate the site and the info that jointly we all post
i'm sorry if the world has bad apples
and yes we do get our share of CRAP posts
but
that is what has always separated our site from the other gl sites...

Phantom
01-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Just because they don't want to sponsor our site doesn't mean they're a bad business.
They were informed that their chosen so called "representative" was a bad idea and I would not be interested in working with them, hence their comment that they didn't need our forum or our members. They also mislead me for 2 weeks and I don't do very well with deception. Plus the sexual predator STILL owes me money.

Sorry Joe, when you signed up as a member there were rules and regulations that this website operates under and you accepted. Managing content by any of the moderators in the best interest of this website and its members was part of what you agreed to.

You have to applaude a company who goes to the trouble r&rd to develop a product that helps us

Sponsor or not especially if it works for some of us who struggle with this issue

All kinds of products are discussed on our forum that are from non sponsors. I want to see all of the new accessories also. I WEED out the sub-par businesses and promote businesses with high standards so that our members don't get screwed over. A exhaust company did that last year to a couple of our members, that company requested to be a sponsor. I respectfully declined. Their standards of customer service or lack of is not what we deserve. A Electronic accessories supplier also screwed several of us over, not interested in seeing others get screwed by the same company again.

I rarely delete anything, but YES, Admin and moderators do have the right to censor a post if deemed necessary without an explanation. This site was designed in a way where vendors contribute towards its expense of upkeep. The US president has made many decisions that I don't agree with, but I live under his rules and laws. I pay my fair share of taxes but there are times that I don't agree on how my money is spent by the government.

You are spot on, I am very easy going but am a straight shooter, I do not have the patience for CRAP !
I make my decisions based on what I believe is best for this website and our membership. I spend many hours and resources to keep it running. I will always have someone not agree with my decisions, can't please everyone all of the time but I try.

i'm sorry if the world has bad apples and yes we do get our share of CRAP posts but
that is what has always separated our site from the other gl sites...

This is by design and the efforts put forth by the moderators and our members respecting each other. Drama and BS can be found elsewhere. Treat this website as your home, treat everyone as family or a best friend. Keep the TRASH outside of this site.

Did I mention, the SOB still owes me money :021: for product that he received.

shooter
01-18-2015, 05:14 PM
You know guys , Phantom seems to be a stand up guy. A whole lot more tolerant than other forums I'm part of. He let's us express ourselves without much restriction and puts up with some borderline phrases. I know who he is talking about and we need to respect his words. Notice I didn't say we had to do as he asks. Phantom is part of our family and to me family means something. When family talks I at least listen. Do as you want but information is always good. Lots of other vendors out there.

bobbyf6b
01-18-2015, 05:21 PM
I appreciate everything you do for us Phantom. I have lead and ran forums in the past and it can definitely be a pita. You can't please everyone. .batman-smilie.

smokinjoe187
01-18-2015, 05:41 PM
They were informed that their chosen so called "representative" was a bad idea and I would not be interested in working with them, hence their comment that they didn't need our forum or our members. They also mislead me for 2 weeks and I don't do very well with deception. Plus the sexual predator STILL owes me money.

Sorry Joe, when you signed up as a member there were rules and regulations that this website operates under and you accepted. Managing content by any of the moderators in the best interest of this website and its members was part of what you agreed to.

All kinds of products are discussed on our forum that are from non sponsors. I want to see all of the new accessories also. I WEED out the sub-par businesses and promote businesses with high standards so that our members don't get screwed over. A exhaust company did that last year to a couple of our members, that company requested to be a sponsor. I respectfully declined. Their standards of customer service or lack of is not what we deserve. A Electronic accessories supplier also screwed several of us over, not interested in seeing others get screwed by the same company again.

I rarely delete anything, but YES, Admin and moderators do have the right to censor a post if deemed necessary without an explanation. This site was designed in a way where vendors contribute towards its expense of upkeep. The US president has made many decisions that I don't agree with, but I live under his rules and laws. I pay my fair share of taxes but there are times that I don't agree on how my money is spent by the government.

You are spot on, I am very easy going but am a straight shooter, I do not have the patience for CRAP !
I make my decisions based on what I believe is best for this website and our membership. I spend many hours and resources to keep it running. I will always have someone not agree with my decisions, can't please everyone all of the time but I try.

This is by design and the efforts put forth by the moderators and our members respecting each other. Drama and BS can be found elsewhere. Treat this website as your home, treat everyone as family or a best friend. Keep the TRASH outside of this site.

Did I mention, the SOB still owes me money :021: for product that he received.

it was not my intent today to start crap,we have discussed other issues in the past and i know who you are talking about
i am always respectful of the forum member and I do appreciate the effort you go to to make this available
sometimes things strike a nerve,today being one..but in the usual way of this forum we discuss and we move on
Thanks again
Joe

BIGLRY
01-19-2015, 12:39 PM
You know guys , Phantom seems to be a stand up guy. A whole lot more tolerant than other forums I'm part of. He let's us express ourselves without much restriction and puts up with some borderline phrases. I know who he is talking about and we need to respect his words. Notice I didn't say we had to do as he asks. Phantom is part of our family and to me family means something. When family talks I at least listen. Do as you want but information is always good. Lots of other vendors out there.
+1
:headbang:

bigbird
01-19-2015, 01:51 PM
You know guys , Phantom seems to be a stand up guy. A whole lot more tolerant than other forums I'm part of. He let's us express ourselves without much restriction and puts up with some borderline phrases.Phantom is part of our family and to me family means something. When family talks I at least listen. Do as you want but information is always good. Lots of other vendors out there.

+1

53driver
01-19-2015, 05:16 PM

Phantom and I broke bread (actually egg yolks) together a few Saturdays ago for a couple hours.

FWIW: My gut feel was akin to "this guy is a straight shooter, but don't lie, cheat or steal, because, well, he's a straight shooter.
Pretty simple actually....