PDA

View Full Version : Amber Skinni Mini's Install Front

RickW
06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
We have had a couple of people PM us on the Amber Skinni Mini (http://store.valueaccessories.net/SkinniMiniUltraBrightLEDStripLights.aspx)install on the front of our F6B.
I have a couple of pictures that will help with the location. You will need to start both LED Strings from the top middle going down to the sides. The top middle will be at the very edge as shown.
The sides are on the exact edge of the inner piece. You can not place it back from there, they will not be seen correctly. The wiring can come back up from the sides and go behind the trim piece coming out up top below the triple tree. You will want to take a dremel tool and slightly make an indentation in the lower trim at the edge, for the wires to slide under.
I have these wired to a Kuryakyn Master Cylinder Accessory Switches. (http://store.valueaccessories.net/accessoryswitchesformastercylinderreservoircoverho nyam.aspx) I wanted to be able to also run them with Fusion Lighting when I get around to installing that. You could hook these up to be on all the time if desired.

Steve 0080
06-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Another QFL……. YEA!!!

thunder217
06-24-2014, 11:21 PM
I brought the original emblem ring which was as amber, where did you find the white lite emblem ring? I've been looking for it since I saw it on the three legged creature at the Daytona bike week.

thunder217
06-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Where did you buy the white light ring. I have been looking for the white light ring since I saw on the three wheel F6B CanAm Creature at the Daytona bike week. :icon_cool:

CheckpointChcky
06-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Thanks for posting this and yes, where did you get that lighted ring?

RickW
06-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Where did you buy the white light ring. I have been looking for the white light ring since I saw on the three wheel F6B CanAm Creature at the Daytona bike week. :icon_cool:

That three legged F6B is owned by Regge from TricLed. A very good friend of ours and a supplier of ours also.
He just sent me those White LED Rings last week to install and make up installation instructions for on the F6B and Wing.
I will be putting a post up on those to see how much interest there is in those rings before I do a lot of work to get LED Ring Kits made up. They look incredibly good lit up and not bad un lit. You would have multiple ways to wire and run them also. I went with White because I have a lot of extra Amber lighting up front, but Amber will be available. You could also make the amber running and turn if you wanted.
Rick

SmallPasture
06-25-2014, 06:36 AM
+1 on interested in white LED Emblem Ring!!!:banana:

You do some fine work rick!:yes:

CheckpointChcky
06-25-2014, 06:56 AM
That is called a Honda Roundel Illumination Kit. They are $39.95 per pair plus shipping. I ordered a pair and the picture I saw seems to look like a black Honda emblem illuminated in yellows. Will see when it actually arrives but I think it looks neat.

goldtahoe
06-25-2014, 08:16 AM
I brought the original emblem ring which was as amber, where did you find the white lite emblem ring? I've been looking for it since I saw it on the three legged creature at the Daytona bike week.

Thunder ... I got mine in white also from http://electricalconnection.com/ ... just tell them what color LED you want and they'll do it ... no extra charge.

thunder217
06-25-2014, 09:15 AM
I purchased and installed them when they first came on the market but they were only in amber from Electrical Connections. Will they now do them in any color you want. I like the bright white instead of the amber. Willing to remove the amber and install the white. This is an easy install. I will contact to see if they will indeed come in different colors. thanks. :yikes:

goldtahoe
06-25-2014, 10:39 AM
I purchased and installed them when they first came on the market but they were only in amber from Electrical Connections. Will they now do them in any color you want. I like the bright white instead of the amber. Willing to remove the amber and install the white. This is an easy install. I will contact to see if they will indeed come in different colors. thanks. :yikes:

Yes .. they will do it in any color you want ...

closed mouth doesn't get fed!

You have to ask ... LOL ..

RickW
06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
That is called a Honda Roundel Illumination Kit. They are $39.95 per pair plus shipping. I ordered a pair and the picture I saw seems to look like a black Honda emblem illuminated in yellows. Will see when it actually arrives but I think it looks neat.

The LED Rings are not Roundel Illumination Kits. They are totally different. The illumination kits are only one led on the back of the Lexan which illuminates out to the edges. That is why they are so inexpensive.

The LED Rings have 93 nano size LED's on each ring. They are as bright as daylight running lights. This is an actual ring of LED's. They are very impressive when lit up. We have a red one on the back of our Spyder and always have people asking about it.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/43082.jpg
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/43081.jpg

SmallPasture
06-26-2014, 06:55 AM
The fetching Mrs. SmallPasture will be wanting one of those LED rings for her RS Spyder...Yup...pretty sure bout that! I can see the bank account drying up as soon as she finds your web site. Thanks rickw! :icon_rolleyes: