PDA

View Full Version : OUCH!!

hiflyer
06-25-2014, 08:49 AM
So I've got an appointment at 11am for an MRI, after a game of football with my son and his friends last night, I'm typing with one hand and an apparent separated right shoulder. It's finally happened, but I won't tell them, they are stronger than me. There goes part of the summer riding season.

kjelders
06-25-2014, 09:04 AM
So I've got an appointment at 11am for an MRI, after a game of football with my son and his friends last night, I'm typing with one hand and an apparent separated right shoulder. It's finally happened, but I won't tell them, they are stronger than me. There goes part of the summer riding season.

At our age, we are supposed to be on the sidelines! :icon_mrgreen::icon_cool:

I tried playing some hoops with my neighbor the other day. He is in his early thirties. Lets just say it wasn't pretty! :icon_doh:

jkelley
06-25-2014, 09:33 AM
NA, where there's a will there is a way.

I fell off of a chair, standing on it like an idiot changing lights, senior moment I guess ??

Broke left hand and screwed up shoulder. I put up with the cast about two weeks then took a saw to it so I could get my hand around a grip.
Had a new Harley and it was fall prime riding season around here. And hit the road. Doc was not happy but I was!

Scotrod
06-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Broke left hand and screwed up shoulder. I put up with the cast about two weeks then took a saw to it so I could get my hand around a grip.
Had a new Harley and it was fall prime riding season around here. And hit the road. Doc was not happy but I was!

Sometimes, the Docs just don't understand!!!! :yes:

hiflyer
06-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Sometimes, the Docs just don't understand!!!! :yes:

Should have seen the look on my doc's face when I asked him when I could ride again. Type II separation confirmed by X-ray last night, no other apparent issues confirmed by MRI. No surgery......no nothin' for awhile.

kjelders
06-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Riding is the best rehab therapy you can do! :shhh::icon_mrgreen::icon_cool:

ghostrider
06-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Riding is the best rehab therapy you can do! :shhh::icon_mrgreen::icon_cool:

I think it only applies to mental therapy. 'riding'

Fla_rider
06-25-2014, 05:47 PM
The mind is very strong. Ten to one while riding all his pains disappear! 'riding'

choptop
06-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Kinda funny, in a sick and twisted way, how that old age thing sneaks up on you. One day woman that you would actually be interested in are giving you the look, your jumping off the deck, steps are for sissies and you can get up off the floor in one fluid movement then next thing you know old ladies are hitting on you, it's either the steps or chance jarring or breaking something and you hope nobody is watching when you go threw the ritual of getting upoff the floor. And those are the good days. lol:icon_frown: