PDA

View Full Version : Did your F6 come with a toolkit?

XKnight
06-25-2014, 04:37 PM
I've had my F6 for 4 whole days and even though it has rained everyday I did manage to put over 250 miles on the bike. I absolutely love this bike over any others I have owned. When I got the bike home this past weekend I realized that the dealer forgot to give me an owners manual so I contacted them and picked one up yesterday. As I was reading the owners manual today it says that there is supposed to be a toolkit in the left saddlebag. I looked in my saddlebags and there is no tool kit included, but the left side bag does have a rubber strap to hold the tool kit.

So, my question is did your new F6 come with a toolkit? I have emailed the dealer, but no response yet.

XKnight
06-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Well, I did a search and apparently the toolkit only comes on Canadian bikes and apparently my bike isn't Canadian. .batman-smilie.

Fla_rider
06-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Welcome to Honda world! You don't need a tool kit. Just a credit card and a good towing policy.

XKnight
06-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Welcome to Honda world! You don't need a tool kit. Just a credit card and a good towing policy.

:icon_lol: I suppose so. I already have an old Honda Cruz Tool that I had from my VTX 1800 so that should work in a pinch.

Dave Ritsema
06-26-2014, 05:30 AM
Nope, they don't come with them. (In the USA anyway.)
In the 14 years of ownership of my previous Honda, (2000 Valkyrie Interstate) I never pulled the tools out of the pouch one time. I don't feel the need to have one. As was said, it's a Honda. :icon_biggrin:

Convert
06-26-2014, 05:42 AM
I'm in Wisconsin and have had my 6 for a month or so, have 1800 miles already and mine did come with a tool kit.

Scotrod
06-26-2014, 07:51 AM
After going through this in another thread, I now recommend carrying nothing but a gun. It'll get you anything you need! :icon_razz:

XKnight
06-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Nope, they don't come with them. (In the USA anyway.)
In the 14 years of ownership of my previous Honda, (2000 Valkyrie Interstate) I never pulled the tools out of the pouch one time. I don't feel the need to have one. As was said, it's a Honda. :icon_biggrin:

True! I had my VTX 1800 for 5 years and never had any reason to use tools on the side of the road.

I'm in Wisconsin and have had my 6 for a month or so, have 1800 miles already and mine did come with a tool kit.

Well, Wisconsin is pretty close to Canada so you must have one of those Canadian F6s.:icon_lol:

After going through this in another thread, I now recommend carrying nothing but a gun. It'll get you anything you need! :icon_razz:

This is a great tip. I do carry, but tend not to pull it out unless I really need too. I guess if I got stuck on the side of the road I could use my gun to pull over a passing cage and commandeer the cage to the nearest hardware store. :shock:

Scotrod
06-26-2014, 10:14 AM
This is a great tip. I do carry, but tend not to pull it out unless I really need too. I guess if I got stuck on the side of the road I could use my gun to pull over a passing cage and commandeer the cage to the nearest hardware store. :shock:

Heck yeah!!! Low on cash? Forgot your cell phone? started raining and just need a dry ride home??? So many things a gun can do that a simple tool kit can't!!!! :stirthepot: :icon_twisted:

Beginning to think I need to take my home-brew tool kit down to the Pawn shop and swap it for a gun!!! shot his foot

Elroy
06-26-2014, 10:21 AM

2nd'd Scot! I was disappointed when I looked up Colorado's reciprocity laws concerning concealed carry and saw they don't recognize an Ohio ccl as an out-of-state license. Would like to have it with me on my trip, never know what the pot-heads will do in CO now. :icon_wink:

Scotrod
06-26-2014, 12:24 PM
. Would like to have it with me on my trip, never know what the pot-heads will do in CO now. :icon_wink:

If they are anything like the pot-heads I knew, they'd probably just give you a pie-eyed smile and ask if you had any Dorito's!!! :crackup: