PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

srt8-in-largo
06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Howdy All,

I bought a black '13 today, demo model with 226 miles and $18,300 out the door. Standard, non-deluxe.

I'm coming off an '03 BMW K1200GT... the "flying brick" with the horizontal 4-cylinder.

I'm searching now trying to read up on breakin methods and techniques, if that's even needed on this bike. Can someone fill me in?

-george

XKnight
06-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Congrats on the new F6. I just bought a red one this past weekend. Owners manual says break in is for the first 300 miles and to not accelerate too fast or rev too high or something like that. It's like two sentences in the manual. Just don't go racing anyone or try to hit top speed and you should be fine.

Fla_rider
06-25-2014, 08:32 PM
'welcome gang' hope you cleared your calender. F6B rally is labor day week up in North Carolina. Lots of Peps going! Read, Read then Read some more, you will learn a lot on this forum. Ride it like you stole it! If it breaks, its under warranty!

firetech
06-25-2014, 08:45 PM
.welcome20.
From your slightly north neighbor. 'surfing'
Congrats on your purchase.
As stated above no high revs for a few hundred miles, then ride as you please.'riding'

smokinjoe187
06-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Howdy All,

I bought a black '13 today, demo model with 226 miles and $18,300 out the door. Standard, non-deluxe.

I'm coming off an '03 BMW K1200GT... the "flying brick" with the horizontal 4-cylinder.

I'm searching now trying to read up on breakin methods and techniques, if that's even needed on this bike. Can someone fill me in?

-george

ride it like you stole it
change oil at 500 miles
change oil at 4000 miles
repeat

btw welcome...

srt8-in-largo
06-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Congrats on the new F6. I just bought a red one this past weekend. Owners manual says break in is for the first 300 miles and to not accelerate too fast or rev too high or something like that. It's like two sentences in the manual. Just don't go racing anyone or try to hit top speed and you should be fine.

I briefed through the manual... checked the table of contents... searched the forum... and did not see that reference. Thanks!

The dealership also said no steady revs for long periods. Until about 500 miles, he said to try and vary the riding style.

'welcome gang' hope you cleared your calender. F6B rally is labor day week up in North Carolina. Lots of Peps going! Read, Read then Read some more, you will learn a lot on this forum. Ride it like you stole it! If it breaks, its under warranty!

The riding in NC must be phenomenal in September... thanks for the heads up!

I appreciate all the great info here. I already got my eyes on a couple mods from reading :icon_mrgreen:

.welcome20.
From your slightly north neighbor. 'surfing'
Congrats on your purchase.
As stated above no high revs for a few hundred miles, then ride as you please.'riding'

I will keep an eye out for you! I'm very frequently in Pasco county.

I got my bike from Tampabay Powersports on Florida Ave; they seem to be a decent shop.

change oil at 500 miles
change oil at 4000 miles
repeat

btw welcome...

Can't wait! Thanks.