PDA

View Full Version : What helmet are you using?

Gperson
06-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,
Hope all is well.....
What brand and type of helmet are you currently using? (1/2, 3/4, full face or modular)

Would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Alberta Beagle
06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Shoei Qwest full face. Very quiet and comfortable.

Highly recommend it.

Beagle

F6B-RICH
06-06-2013, 09:34 PM
GMAX Modular.It has like 6 intake vents and 4 exhaust vents to keep you cool in the summer.You can then close them for the winter.It is pretty
quiet at highway speeds and has a drop down tint shield inside helmet to keep the sun off your eyes.Plus has a red light on the back of the helmet that can stay on or flash for added safety at night.

MNF6B
06-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Shoei Neotech.
Great vents
Quiet
Built in sun visor
Full face modular

SpeedyWho
06-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Shoei Qwest full face. Very quiet and comfortable.

Highly recommend it.

Beagle

Me too, its a great well made helmet. I love mine. I might be a cheep skate on some things but never a helmet.

av8rdave
06-06-2013, 10:43 PM
The Qwest is a great helmet, but I get a better fit with the RF. It's quiet, has good vents and accommodates a headset well.

Jte90049
06-06-2013, 11:00 PM
I have a brand new flat black Shoei GT-Air for sale. Awesome helmet, but too small for my XL noggin. Size large. Only worn twice. Paid $571. Will let it go for $400. PM me if you are interested.

Hyperion
06-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Vemar jiano. I have bought three because they are so comfortable and I keep wearing them out. It can be a bit noisy but most modular helmets are.

MichaelG
06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Griffin, I think you should look at the one that I have for sale, on this forum: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?10-Arai-Helmet-w-headset

If I could go back in and edit my ad...I would lower the price to $ 400.00.

And that includes shipping to anywhere in the world. That's right...that is what I said.

Darkknight
06-07-2013, 06:58 AM
I was using an HJC full face and I liked it except it was hot and if you sneezed there was a problem.
Next I had a VERY inexpensive BILT modular helmet. That was incredibly noisy and an uncomfortable fit.
I use a UCLEAR boomless com system that is bluetooth linked to my cell for calls and navigation. I could barely hear it in the Bilt helmet. It has noise cancelation so if I yelled to overcome the wind noise in my ears from the helmet, the system would try to cancel my voice. the Neotek is so quiet, talking on the Uclear is just like sitting in my living room and speaking to someone sitting next to me.

Generally, Modular will be noisier than a full face. But you get what you pay for. The Neotek was the most expensive helmet I've ever purchased. The build quality is very good. the face shield seal actually seals. Noise levels will increase slightly with each vent you open. With all vents open it still very quiet compared to the cheaper helmet. So quiet in fact, that when I attached the UCLEAR module to the outside of the helmet, I could hear the turbulance it created, and UCLEAR is a very small module.

It is definitly a comfy helmet and I've never worn a helmet with this much air flow inside. It also has a secondary shield that just about eliminates fogging, and the flip down sunshade is wonderful since I wear glasses.

Alberta Beagle
06-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Vemar jiano. I have bought three because they are so comfortable and I keep wearing them out. It can be a bit noisy but most modular helmets are.

I would have to dispute your comment above. Quality well made modular helmets are not noisy.
Cheap mass market bargain helmets will always be noisy and offer less than ideal protection often barely meeting the minimum DOT standard.
My ex-wife tells everyone I'm not too smart but I still think spending money on a quality helmet to protect my limited grey matter is a rock solid idea.
Just my 2 cents.

Beagle

Alberta Beagle
06-07-2013, 08:33 AM
I was using an HJC full face and I liked it except it was hot and if you sneezed there was a problem.
Next I had a VERY inexpensive BILT modular helmet. That was incredibly noisy and an uncomfortable fit.
I use a UCLEAR boomless com system that is bluetooth linked to my cell for calls and navigation. I could barely hear it in the Bilt helmet. It has noise cancelation so if I yelled to overcome the wind noise in my ears from the helmet, the system would try to cancel my voice. the Neotek is so quiet, talking on the Uclear is just like sitting in my living room and speaking to someone sitting next to me.

Generally, Modular will be noisier than a full face. But you get what you pay for. The Neotek was the most expensive helmet I've ever purchased. The build quality is very good. the face shield seal actually seals. Noise levels will increase slightly with each vent you open. With all vents open it still very quiet compared to the cheaper helmet. So quiet in fact, that when I attached the UCLEAR module to the outside of the helmet, I could hear the turbulance it created, and UCLEAR is a very small module.

It is definitly a comfy helmet and I've never worn a helmet with this much air flow inside. It also has a secondary shield that just about eliminates fogging, and the flip down sunshade is wonderful since I wear glasses.

Neotec would have been my top choice had I wanted a modular. Great fit, very quiet and legendary protection.

Philbert40
06-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Arai Corsair 5 for me. Love that helmet.:clap2:

MSGT-R
06-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Shoei Neotech.
Great vents
Quiet
Built in sun visor
Full face modular

Me too!

:shhh: I'm gonna get one for my husband..

Batwing
06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
365 Bell Star Matte Carbon :icon_cool:

micky_foccer
06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
For me, the weather is a factor when deciding on what helmet I wear. If temperatures are cool, I wear a Shoei Multitec Helmet. When it's hot I wear a cheap skull cap helmet.

chipmaker
06-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Hows the Neotek for weight??

Anyone using the J-Cruise?

Steve 0080
06-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I wear this helmet and it is fairly light and quite....Pearl Black....

gamersince1976
06-08-2013, 12:15 AM
When the weather's nice I wear a Bell 3/4 helmet, when the rain is coming down hard enough to soak my beard I've got a LS2 modular that works well.

fast eddie
06-08-2013, 07:47 AM
:shhh: Bell Revolver modular comphy looks cool an thats no:bsII:

Gperson
06-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks to all who replied to my post :clap2:
If anyone else would like to jump in...please do.

UTurn
06-12-2013, 11:14 AM
My everyday helmet is a Bell Shorty 1/2 helmet (leather covered). I keep a Nolan Trilogy modular in my saddlebag for inclement weather.

jkelley
06-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Arai XD-4

Best helmet I have ever bought, Quiet and fits my oval shaped melon like a glove.

OP, you need to try on all different brands. Shoei makes a great product but seems to be geared towards a more round shaped head, Arai is for more oval shaped. What works for one might not be good for another.

The XD-4 I mentioned has a visor that looks like more of a dirt bike helmet but in fact does a great job shading the sun so you don't need multiple face shields to go from light to dark. Several helmets also offer an internal face shield that works for some. I find them too close to my face and don't like them. I have had a few modular helmets and like the idea but have not found one that is quiet enough for me. For fogging in the cooler months the best solution I have found is the fog city inserts, (just DO NOT sneeze on one or it's toast) The pin lock systems work also but will fog up on the edges pretty bad.
My $.02