PDA

View Full Version : New F6B Progressive Suspension

Steve 0080
06-26-2014, 08:59 PM
:cheers:

Would like to thank Rick at WingStuff for working to get me the first :banana: F6B lower front suspension in the country made by Progressive.

It has been several months in the working, I should have them installed by monday, tuesday the latest.
Will lower the F6B by 1 inch for us short guys. I will post a detailed review next week.
Rick, Thanks again for all of your efforts to get these in my hands :icon_wink::yes:

WingStuff will have them available to ship on monday for anyone else interested.

http://wingstuff.com/shop/gold_wing_gl1800

Duke4
06-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Will probably look awesome lowered. My only concern would be reducing the clearance to have things drag sooner.

motozeke
06-28-2014, 12:59 PM
A suspension upgrade is the last major item on my list for my bike, so I am very very interested in what you experience here. Thanks!

F6B1911
06-28-2014, 02:26 PM
:cheers:
Will lower the F6B by 1 inch for us short guys. I will post a detailed review next week.

Hi Steve,
When you post your detailed review, please post a few PICs, dying to see how it works out.

Steve 0080
06-28-2014, 09:34 PM
I have the tubes in hand, Thanks !!!!!!! Rick from Wing Stuff. I am going to take some measurements on Sunday and see if in fact the bike will be lowered by 1 “ as the factory claims…but also the improved ride will be a bonus as well…… will post some info after a shake down ride on Tue or Wed...

WingStuff
06-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Can't wait to hear your review! A big "Your Welcome" from Rick too! He's always glad to help.

Steve 0080
07-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Wellllll the Honda Shop called and said the F6 was ready...the shocks DID drop the front end by 1" +.....now if the Hurricane will go away I can go get the bike and go for a ride.... 'windy' "darth/vader2'

Steve 0080
07-02-2014, 07:43 PM
I did pick up my bike and went for a short ride... will be doing a longer ride later tonight...

First impression.....WOW!!!! I can now flat foot the bike with both feet at the same time...a first...I measured the bike before install and the front did drop 1" +...seems to sit more level

The ride is firmer but the bumps are not a jarring...seems to track better as well...I do have the fork brace and running the Alpin CT on the rear so this is part of the better tracking...but still better since installing the mono tubes...

Bike seems to feel more sure footed...

Will add some miles and let the front end loosen up and report back...good money spent !!!

motozeke
07-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I did pick up my bike and went for a short ride... will be doing a longer ride later tonight...

First impression.....WOW!!!! I can not flat foot the bike with both feet at the same time...a first...I measured the bike before install and the front did drop 1" +...seems to sit more level

The ride is firmer but the bumps are not a jarring...seems to track better as well...I do have the fork brace and running the Alpin CT on the rear so this is part of the better tracking...but still better since installing the mono tubes...

Bike seems to feel more sure footed...

Will add some miles and let the front end loosen up and report back...good money spent !!!

So just to clarify, you *can now* flat foot the bike or you *can not* flat foot the bike? I suspect the former and that you just got nabbed by autocorrect.

Did you also get the rear spring?

motozeke
07-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Also interested to hear if it impacts how soon the pegs hit in turns. Thanks!

Steve 0080
07-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Also interested to hear if it impacts how soon the pegs hit in turns. Thanks!

Thanks...I fixed the above...YES I can NOW flat foot the bike...could not before!!! Went out tonight for a 120 mile ride...I am happy with the up grade. The ride ability is so much better. Seemed to me that every bump in the road was a jarring bump...now not so much. For that alone I think it was good money spent. As far a dragging the pegs, I can say I only did once while making a sharp turn up and to the right. I did try to make the pegs scrape and can say the bike seems as tall as before although that is not the truth. The real test will be in the mountains...this is FL with the tail of the gator, so not to much excitement here!!! Strange thing ...I normally put the bike on the center stand in the garage and tonight was no exception...NOW the back of the sits higher in the air....very noticeable ...I measured a lot of things to have an accurate measument but never thought to measure the hight of the pipes.....

The bike has been lowered some where between 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 inch in the front....

Did not do the rear spring...reason being pulling a trailer.....will have to look into that later maybe???

Richie
07-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Steve does Progressive also make shocks that do not lower the bike? I guess what i'm asking do than only make the one set of shocks for the F6? A lot less money than the Traxx front end upgrade i was reading about.

Richie

Steve 0080
07-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Steve does Progressive also make shocks that do not lower the bike? I guess what i'm asking do than only make the one set of shocks for the F6? A lot less money than the Traxx front end upgrade i was reading about.

Richie

Yes is the short answer...Wing Stuff has both kinds in stock ready for shipping.... I will go look for the link...I as can't stand items w/o links!!!!

Richie
07-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks. Steve

Richie

Steve 0080
07-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Here you go!!!

Here is the link...choose between the standard height or 1" lower.....$309 http://wingstuff.com/products/36110-monotube-fork-cartridge-kit-for-honda-f6b-in-std-or-1-lower?context=progressive_suspension-f6b

Ray H
07-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Steve. I'm in the same boat when it comes to flat footing the F6. That 1"+ reduction is just about all I need to gain the ability to put both feet flat on the ground at the same time. Just changed the windshield out this morning to a Cee Bailey 13" and have additional accessaries to install prior to tackling the front suspension. Just glad to hear the new Progressive Suspension lived up to its hype.

fxdl2051
07-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Intereresting project, so does the bike now sit level or does the front end dip forward a tad now. Would love to see so side view shots. You mentioned the bike sits higher with the stand down, is it any harder to get up on the center stand? Thanks for the thread, used to live in Tampa myself.

Steve 0080
07-26-2014, 09:02 PM
The bike now sits level....and yes it is harder to get on the center stand. I am not sure the reason for that unless the front is in fact lower than the back.....not sure I know a way to measure this. To look at a stock F6 the front seems to me to be higher...???? The front did in fact get lowered by 1 1/8" - 1 1/4 ".

For those that come to Franklin, they will be able to sit/ride the bike if they desire...

Not sure how to take a pic now to show level?

06Blackpearl
12-31-2015, 01:50 PM
So I just ordered the 1" shorter set ..
And Steve I was wondering if you also used the anti dive shim? Or was the stiffer springs enough by there self?

Thanks Herb..

cueman
12-31-2015, 03:26 PM
Hey Steve, I'd be interested in seeing some photos also. Thanks, cueman :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
01-01-2016, 01:07 AM
So I just ordered the 1" shorter set ..
And Steve I was wondering if you also used the anti dive shim? Or was the stiffer springs enough by there self?

Thanks Herb..

No I did not... the shim ideal came after my install.... not sure it is necessary now with the lowering kit or the regular kit as far as that goes....
really no way to show a pic of this. I have not had any issues with dragging as well. Maybe I take a better line or maybe i just don't bend the girl
over as must as some...not sure but either way not an issue for me!

this is the best pic I have to show...the bike pretty much sits level now as apposed to the front higher.....the last one in a P/L IMHO showing it the best...

cueman
01-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Steve, Your bike looks long, low, and mean. I think the lines of the F6B is a work of art and I am so glad I own one. "batsmiley" cueman

Dfinkelsteinmd
01-01-2016, 01:36 PM
I agree--bike looks great with a lower front end and if handling is not impaired I will get a set unless the installation is too tough for me. Any hints on how to do it without taking it to the dealer? Price at Wingsstuff is $329--do we get a discount as forum members?

Steve 0080
01-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Steve, Your bike looks long, low, and mean. I think the lines of the F6B is a work of art and I am so glad I own one. "batsmiley" cueman

Thanks! Same words I used!

I agree--bike looks great with a lower front end and if handling is not impaired I will get a set unless the installation is too tough for me. Any hints on how to do it without taking it to the dealer? Price at Wingsstuff is $329--do we get a discount as forum members?

There is a video on line showing how to.....If you sign up at Wing Stuff and pay for VIP...should same about $30+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOcMPCenZvg