PDA

View Full Version : Invisible saddlebags

SCMike
06-27-2014, 09:33 AM
I rode the F6B to our local burger joint (local place, not a chain) last night to pick up some food for my daughter and I. I walked in and asked for the order I had called in. The waitress, who evidently had seen me pull up, handed me the bag and asked, "How are you going to carry it?
I told her I would put it in my saddlebag.
She said, "You don't have any saddlebags."
I said, "Yes, I do."
She stared out the window at my bike and said, "I'm not seeing them."
I told her to watch me when I left and she would see me open the saddlebag and stow the food inside.
I assume she did, I didn't go back in to check. But I was puzzled and amused that she couldn't see the saddlebags on the F6B for what they are.

SmallPasture
06-27-2014, 09:38 AM
I rode the F6B to our local burger joint (local place, not a chain) last night to pick up some food for my daughter and I. I walked in and asked for the order I had called in. The waitress, who evidently had seen me pull up, handed me the bag and asked, "How are you going to carry it?
I told her I would put it in my saddlebag.
She said, "You don't have any saddlebags."
I said, "Yes, I do."
She stared out the window at my bike and said, "I'm not seeing them."
I told her to watch me when I left and she would see me open the saddlebag and stow the food inside.
I assume she did, I didn't go back in to check. But I was puzzled and amused that she couldn't see the saddlebags on the F6B for what they are.

Ha!! You should have told her you were in "Stealth Mode"! :lolup:

Exbmwrider
06-27-2014, 09:58 AM
...and a new blonde joke is born.

Sorcerer
06-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Should have told her "transformer" mode. She may have understood that.

MSGT-R
06-27-2014, 03:18 PM
:crackup: OMFG :poke: is she for real??

Scotrod
06-27-2014, 03:25 PM
If she couldn't see the saddlebags,,, she probably didn't see that roach run across your burger either!!! :shock:

mikey
06-27-2014, 05:03 PM
she was looking for those 1940s top load harley bags that you would have crushed your food in!!!:icon_mrgreen:

Ericb445
06-27-2014, 06:15 PM
People ask me to open my bags all the time.. Most think it has a trunk.

XKnight
06-27-2014, 08:22 PM
She probably thought the engine was in the back.

Trike lady
06-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Now that's too funny.

Cool Hand Luke
06-27-2014, 08:45 PM
People ask me to open my bags all the time.. Most think it has a trunk.

Actually, when I first saw F6B I was hoping there is a small trunk or storage space underneath the lid in the back. I thought that the key lock in the back opens this small storage space. I was a bit disappointed to find out that to access both saddlebags one must insert the key there everytime. I also thought there should be a storage compartment on the right side of fairing, like my 2007 GW had. Even the salesman was confused and tried to open it but to no avail.

I guess we can all have a blonde syndrome once in a while...:crackup: