PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for adding me --- Joining the owner's club tomorrow

Stress
06-27-2014, 01:58 PM
If everything goes well tomorrow I will be joining you all as owners of a new F6B. I have been eyeballing this bike for a while but wasn't ready to move on from my Yamaha Raider. A wreck on Father's Day weekend took care of that choice so I am ready to move on to the F6B. I have an appointment to view one of the HR Signature Series Stealth version at HOA tomorrow. Anyone that has one of the matte black paint jobs and would recommend against it please let me know now.

I plan on having them do some additional mods for me and then picking the bike up in a couple of weeks. I am not yet capable of riding after the wreck but should be good to go in a few more weeks.

See you guys around soon !! I hope.

Scotrod
06-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the fathers day mishap. My wife tangled with a dog and went down that same day as well,,, :icon_frown:

The 6 will be a significant change from the Raider!!! (I had a Strat) The 6 has less torque, but more HP. Kinda like a turbine vs a tractor,,,,

Welcome to the fold!!!

Stress
06-27-2014, 03:55 PM
So is the 6 the tractor or turbine?

richw56
06-27-2014, 04:02 PM
That's the spirit!
A wreck is just a good reason to move on to the next bike.
Way to jump right back into the saddle, brother!
I think the matte black is going to look amazing.
I hope you feel better very quickly, and can get onto the road ASAP.
The F6B ride is amazing, especially to those of us who came from any of the V-twins.

Hornblower
06-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Good move, Stress .welcome20. You'll love the 6, I'm sure. Hope you heal quickly and completely :thumb:

GNW
06-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Tractor or Turbine?
Big difference?
Got to think?
V-Max?

Ericb445
06-27-2014, 06:21 PM
So is the 6 the tractor or turbine?

Turbine

Trike lady
06-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new F6B.
:041:

RickW
06-27-2014, 09:07 PM
If everything goes well tomorrow I will be joining you all as owners of a new F6B. I have been eyeballing this bike for a while but wasn't ready to move on from my Yamaha Raider. A wreck on Father's Day weekend took care of that choice so I am ready to move on to the F6B. I have an appointment to view one of the HR Signature Series Stealth version at HOA tomorrow. Anyone that has one of the matte black paint jobs and would recommend against it please let me know now.

I plan on having them do some additional mods for me and then picking the bike up in a couple of weeks. I am not yet capable of riding after the wreck but should be good to go in a few more weeks.

See you guys around soon !! I hope.

Ask for Earl at HOR. He is the best.

Scotrod
06-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Yup, turbine. Crack the wick on an XV19 and it will kick,,,, The same crack on the GL won't kick as hard, but you hold that sucker and pretty soon yer saying, "Dang,,,, I be movin right along now!!" 'riding'

LOL!!!

vstar09
06-27-2014, 10:46 PM
I came from a 950 vstar to an F6B..... i LIKE THE POWER...!

Stress
06-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Yup, turbine. Crack the wick on an XV19 and it will kick,,,, The same crack on the GL won't kick as hard, but you hold that sucker and pretty soon yer saying, "Dang,,,, I be movin right along now!!" 'riding'

LOL!!!

Got ya! The XV19 did respond quickly but I never abused it.

bobbyf6b
06-27-2014, 11:38 PM
.welcome20.

Good on ya for moving right into a new bike. Took me a few months after my wreck about 12years ago. Not because of injuries, I had to get my head together.

unsub
06-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Turbine

With a Nuclear heat source.:icon_wink:

Stress
06-29-2014, 01:58 PM
I Pulled the trigger and purchased me F6B yesterday. They are going to change my pipes and a couple other things for me. Maybe I will ride back up and pick it up next weekend. Now I just have to heal so I can ride it. Until then I can search the forums for fun stuff to while I wait.