PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone with a shop manual

Duke4
06-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I finally got my bike home yesterday. First 2 hour two ride planned for tomorrow. I have the j&m speakers on the way. can someone with a manual tell me how to remove the inner fairing to access the speakers? Does the big piece that covers both sides just simply pull off? Tx

BIGLRY
06-27-2014, 09:52 PM
I finally got my bike home yesterday. First 2 hour two ride planned for tomorrow. I have the j&m speakers on the way. can someone with a manual tell me how to remove the inner fairing to access the speakers? Does the big piece that covers both sides just simply pull off? TxYep...in fact that is just how it comes off.
Instructions per service manual:
Remove the ignition cover.

Carefully release the two tabs (A) {{top of fork opening right and left}} on the meter panel off of the top shelter.
Raise the rear portion of the meter panel and release the two bosses (B) from the grommets {{just below the ignition switch on left and right}}.
Release the tabs around the speaker grilles.

Disconnect the tweeter speaker connectors (except on CM model) and multi-displayl control switch connector to remove the meter panel.

Reinstall in reverse order.

http://youtu.be/ga3Aa2_Dlvs

RoadWeary
06-27-2014, 10:08 PM

Duke4
06-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply the video makes is look pretty straight forward. Great stuff!

Duke4
06-27-2014, 10:15 PM

I have to get a manual. Have a few things coming from wing stuff. Service manual is a must. Will search for that online tomorrow.