PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys/gals do when you have to.......

F6B-RICH
06-29-2014, 06:22 AM
What do you guys/gals do when you have a lot on extra stuff (lights/add on/mods) on your bikes and you have to bring your bikes to the dealer for a repair.I have a oil leak left side (maybe valve cover) on the F6B but I have a bunch of mods on the bike.Do I hope they remove whatever they need to do without breaking my mods.I sure would be pissed if I got the 6 back and one of my mods where broken .batman-smilie.

jakec
06-29-2014, 09:01 AM
I would only remove the mods that they would have to remove to work on the left side. The oil leak should be covered under warranty but they will probably charge you shop rate to take off and replace mods.

RickW
06-29-2014, 09:26 AM
What do you guys/gals do when you have a lot on extra stuff (lights/add on/mods) on your bikes and you have to bring your bikes to the dealer for a repair.I have a oil leak left side (maybe valve cover) on the F6B but I have a bunch of mods on the bike.Do I hope they remove whatever they need to do without breaking my mods.I sure would be pissed if I got the 6 back and one of my mods where broken .batman-smilie.

The most important thing about adding Lights, etc is quick disconnects.
Most accessories come off pretty easily accept lighting that is hard wired. We see all kinds of Wings, F6B's and even Spyders that people run wires all over to removable panels, Rotor Covers, etc. with no way to take the panels off without cutting wires. If the dealer or service people are doing this you have choices, let them cut wires and put it back yourself or put in disconnects before it happens.

XKnight
06-29-2014, 10:19 AM
I have a oil leak left side (maybe valve cover) on the F6B...

Oil leak on a Honda?? Say it ain't so..

Good luck getting it fixed and let us know how it turns out and what was the cause.

Steve 0080
06-29-2014, 10:25 AM
The owner is responsible for removal/paying for the removal of…… case in point…. I am having mono tubes installed tomorrow, they will charge me extra because i have the rotor covers on the front……luck me!!

F6B-RICH
06-29-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the info.I will remove the Rivco highway pegs and the belly pan.I hope thats the only mods that would be in the way for the oil leak .batman-smilie.