PDA

View Full Version : New F6 Owners, Check Your Pipes For Clear Plastic!

XKnight
06-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I was checking the tire pressure yesterday and noticed some brown discoloration on my left side exhaust pipe. Upon further inspection I realized the dealer left the clear plastic protection film on the pipe that's used during shipping. I only had about 250 miles on the bike and was able to peel off the plastic and no harm was done to the pipe. I would imagine if the plastic was on there long enough it would have melted into the pipe. I thought I smelled something a little funny, but thought it was just the new engine. If you have a new F6, check those pipes.

racer
06-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Same here. One side was removed, one wasn't.

XKnight
06-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Same here. One side was removed, one wasn't.

Yup, I thought it was very strange. You would think if they remember to remove one side they'd do the other too. It starts to make you wonder what else they forgot to do.

Steve 0080
06-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Yup, I thought it was very strange. You would think if they remember to remove one side they'd do the other too. It starts to make you wonder what else they forgot to do.

Can't be to much...the bike comes pretty much complete from the factory...

XKnight
06-29-2014, 05:56 PM

You're probably right. Bike is running great and I did check the oil level and tire pressure when I got it home. 500 miles on the bike in my first week of ownership and I'm in love. Taking a trip to the Texas Hill Country over July 4th weekend and can't wait.

edgeman55
06-30-2014, 06:22 PM

Mine had low fluid level in the rear end.I checked it after reading on the Goldwing site that some others had found theres low from the factory.Remember it is humans putting this stuff in and on or off the bike:shock:

fxdl2051
07-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Ditto, how'd the dealer miss that?

Benbelan
07-03-2014, 08:37 PM
After a ride with my wife the motorcycle was smelling of burning plastic. I also found a clear plastic on the left pipe. Moreover, the first time the dealer tried to start the motorcycle, they forgot to put some fuel and the gaz tank:banghead: